What's next for Cowboy?

Da Killa

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Will he be just remembered for this devastating loss from now on? When you lose to Conor, that's usually what people will remember you for. Will Cowboy be able to shake this off him? Will he still be a marketable journeyman in the game?

An official farewell fight against an equal level opponent

He just needs to step up his shoulder to nose defense and he will be ok

giphy.gif

he was a jabroni in that fight, he is going to collect his money and ride off into the sunset like a real cowboy

Will he be just remembered for this devastating loss from now on? When you lose to Conor, that's usually what people will remember you for. Will Cowboy be able to shake this off him? Will he still be a marketable journeyman in the game?
Cowboy is nearing 40 and this fight was made for Conor to win. Lets be real.
Is Cowboy gonna just be remembered by this devastating loss? No, Cowboy will always be the guy that jumps in and fights on short notice and will probably fight 4 more times this year. Donald holds records for the most wins, likely will get more.
He holds the record for most finishes, head kick KO's etc. Sure those records will be beaten someday MOST LIKLEY, however Cerrone WILL keep fighting and those records will continue to grow until he decides to hang it up. I predict Cowboy will win quite a few more fights that are not top level opponents until he goes on a losing streak like BJ Penn because he has that fighter forever mentality. Cowboy will fight until he is in his 50's. Those records he holds are only gonna grow. McGregor was a bad matchup for him and to be honest that was the best Conor McGregor I ever seen. I put Cowboy over Eddie Alvarez being Cowboy has a W over Eddie.

Retire. Ride snowmobiles, eat P3 protein packs, drink Bud heavy and take care of those 100 broken bones, missing intestines and raise Danger to watch out for shrug strikes in the clench.

After 3 TKOs in a row.
I hope a long break and honestly retirement.
Any fighter that loses 3 fights in a row by TKO should start to think about their future in MMA.
I dont want to see Cerrone going the way of Chuck Liddell

What's next for Cowboy?

Cowboys been in 5 contests since Jan 2019, exactly 1 year to this day. He's been beaten badly and has looked progressively worse in the span of 8 months. He needs to take the red panty money stop fighting so regularly and take a long rest before he decides to begin training for competition again.

...to be honest that was the best Conor McGregor I ever seen. I put Cowboy over Eddie Alvarez being Cowboy has a W over Eddie.

You put the shoulder shrug Mcgregor over the notorious Mcgregor that KO'd GOAT FW champ who hadn't lost a fight in over 10 years and was finished in 11 seconds?<BC1>

The correct statement would be... to be honest that was the worst Cowboy Cerrone any of us have ever seen

You put the shoulder shrug Mcgregor over the notorious Mcgregor that KO'd GOAT FW champ who hadn't lost a fight in over 10 years and was KOd in 11 seconds?<BC1>

The correct statement would be... to be honest that was the worst Cowboy Cerrone any of us have ever seen
You misunderstood me. I am only comparing the two fighters Conor beat, Eddie and now Cowboy. Cowboy has a win over Eddie and Conor destroyed both men. Cowboy IMO when he fought Eddie was and maybe still is the better fighter.

In short the destruction of Cowboy with a shoulder shrug was more impressive than Alvarez.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back