What's next for Chandler?

If Conor beats Poirier then Chandler vs Poirier and Conor vs Oliveira. If Poirier beats Conor then Gaethje vs Chandler title eliminator and Oliveira vs Poirier.

Oliveira v winner Poirier/Conor
Dariush v Gaethje for #1 contender
In a perfect world, RDA v Chandler. But we all know that in this imperfect world that would kill off too many contenders.

Hows that for a non answer? Heh.

Let’s just hope Poirier wins, so that the division doesn’t stagnate for 2 years.

Last edited:
One more fight one more loss and then retirement.

Well nice to see another optimal Dana outcome get screwed.

In his post fight interview Chandler was saying he'll be back for the belt in 12 months. I'm having a hard time even picking a next fight for him.

How about his gut btw.... Not insinuating anything ;)
I think he will have to fight (Sooner or later) Gaethje and Poirier and Makhachev and I think he loses at least 2 of those fights. He has a puncher's chance sure....he is aggressive.

I did note Dana White's downbeat persona in the Post-fight presser. Dana tries to hide it....but he cannot. There is a huge difference in his attitude and energy when he does NOT get the result he so obviously wanted. I am VERY HAPPY that Dana was all pissed off that Chandler lost.
UFC trying to engineer who they want to be Champions. Never a level playing field.

Chandler was over-promoted on the basis of ONE sole UFC victory and he has to go to the back of the line and fight and BEAT at least 3 Top5 guys.
EARN that title-shot again boy. No more title-shot gifts.

Last edited:
JG is my first pick

I dont think he would accept the Islam fight like all the other known names but thats my next pick.

In such a packed division he needs to win his next 3 fights before even being considered for a title shot again.

Personally, I'd also like him to get rid of that HGH gut.

Chandler was over-promoted on the basis of ONE sole UFC victory and he has to go to the back of the line and fight and BEAT at least 3 Top5 guys. EARN that title-shot again boy. No more gifts.
Chandler is the former 3x LW champion of Bellator. You act like if a fight didn't happen in the UFC it didn't happen.
If he beats, say, Gaethje and then Dariush, Chandler would pretty clearly deserve another shot.

Chandler is the former 3x LW champion of Bellator. You act like if a fight didn't happen in the UFC it didn't happen.
If he beats, say, Gaethje and then Dariush, Chandler would pretty clearly deserve another shot.
if he beats Gaethje and Dariush I totally agree that's good enough! Yes agreed on that. Two top10 guys will do.

I have no interest in what he did at Bellator. This is not Bellator.

Oliveira v winner Poirier/Conor
Dariush v Gaethje for #1 contender
In a perfect world, RDA v Chandler. But we all know that in this imperfect world that would kill off too many contenders.

Hows that for a non answer? Heh.

Let’s just hope Poirier wins, so that the division doesn’t stagnate for 2 years.

Dariush and Gaethje are friends, won't fight (he talks about Gaethje in his post fight conference) and Dariush is out until the end of the year or early next year with his baby (his words). Gaethje already has been out 7 months.

Chandler/Gaethje is the only fight that makes sense. And it's a banger. That's a main event for a Non PPV or a Co-Main on a PPV. Looking forward to that fight.

Chandler/Gaethje is the only fight that makes sense. And it's a banger. That's a main event for a Non PPV or a Co-Main on a PPV. Looking forward to that fight.
agree! Chandler vs Gaethje would be great. I hope they do that.

Justin will fight Oliveira. Chandler needs a #5-10 ranked opponent.

I haven't seen the actual quote but read on ESPN that Chandler thinks he'll be champion within 12 months. Someone needs to tell him that this isn't Bellator where he'll get another title shot after one win over some can.

I'd like to see the Gaethje fight but Justin's been sitting out for 7 months already. I don't think Chandler will have a quick turnaround either.

Back