What's next for Barao?

coolmunkie

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anybody think he might move up to 145?? A lot of great fights for him there... (how sick would Barao v. Edgar be....or dare I say, McGregor?) Plus a chance to fight for the belt quicker (if Mendes wins or if Aldo moves up).

Thoughts?

Dude, he just lost ONE fight, and it was a title fight. Let him go home, relax, and figure out how to improve. Fighters can improve and make adjustments.

I don't think he is going to move up, that said, a fight with a top 10 opponent in FW would be good for him.
And, let's make Mizugaki vs Barao.

Dude, he just lost ONE fight, and it was a title fight. Let him go home, relax, and figure out how to improve. Fighters can improve and make adjustments.

Even if he had won, there had been discussions about him moving up. Cutting that much weight is no joke; nobody enjoys doing it, and even less so when it negatively affects your performance.

It's clear that weight cutting continues to be a problem for Renan, just watch the pre-fight UFC camp footage. He should just move up.. him and Aldo both.

Francisco Rivera. Somebody like a gate keeper level.

Give him Cruz

I dont think the Cruz fight is a good fight for him now. If he wins, he beat a guy who had been gone for two years+.... whoopdee doo . If he loses, that's two in a row, including a guy who had been gone for two +years.

So a guy that was on a 35 fight win streak doesn't deserve a rematch?

Give him Cruz

Cruz fights almost exactly like Dillashaw did tonight, not a good stylistic matchup for Barao. As coolmunkie said though it's a lose/lose fight, and Cruz himself needs a couple tuneup fights after 2.5 years off.

I think Barao should get Mizugaki winner gets a instant title shot.

Make Dillashaw vs Assun

he should stay at bw, he just lost one fight (and a title fight at that). he could improve and be better

So a guy that was on a 35 fight win streak doesn't deserve a rematch?

not when you were so thoroughly outclassed the whole fight.

1 or 2 impressive wins and he'll probably get another shot at the belt.

He lost one fight, until also moves up he's staying at bw. Someone mentioned a mizugaki #1 contender fight, I like that, wouldn't mind seeing a fight with Dominick either. Apart from those guys who is there that's worthy that he hasn't beaten already?

Back