What's next for Anthony Pettis?

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this how it's gone quiet on the Pettis front since his loss to Nate, I was kind wondering where he's going or who he's going to fight next?

He didn't have a bad start in WW considering he not only took on a tough fight in Wonderboy but he gave him his first KO also and losing to Nate is not a bad thing, so I do feel he should stick with WW for a bit at least.

However what do you guys think and who would you like to see him fight next? It's gone a bit quiet in regards to Pettis since that last fight :)

-------
Scratch and win.

He needs to swallow his pride and take a step down in competition. His record should look much better than it is but he refuses to face anyone who isn't a name.

Said he wants to go to 155 and fight Diego Sanchez right?

Buddy we get it you like B&B, dont need to post a vid of them in every thread.

If he sticks around in WW, I see more losses than wins in his future.

If he sticks around in WW, I see more losses than wins in his future.

I'm not even sure which direction he should take when you think about it.

It's like Kevin Lee in a way, he's gone back to LW now and it's like he can't find his feet or something.

The win over Wonderboy was a massive fluke. He has no business in the division and i said this from the beginning. I didnt buy for a second that cutting the weight to LW was hard. He is not a big LW. He is 5’10 with small muscles. There was never a new and improved version of Anthony Pettis.

Aldo at 155 would be a cool. Loser becomes an exhibition fighter and the winner....probably does the same.

The win over Wonderboy was a massive fluke. He has no business in the division and i said this from the beginning. I didnt buy for a second that cutting the weight to LW was hard. He is not a big LW. He is 5’10 with small muscles. There was never a new and improved version of Anthony Pettis.

Not a fluke. Pettis was chopping wonderboys legs causing him to be more aggressive, boom Wonderboys chin couldn't hold up

He needs to swallow his pride and take a step down in competition. His record should look much better than it is but he refuses to face anyone who isn't a name.
Perfect solution a mike perry tuneup fight.

I'm not even sure which direction he should take when you think about it.

It's like Kevin Lee in a way, he's gone back to LW now and it's like he can't find his feet or something.

They are good, not great fighters. They just need to accept it and stop trying to chase a title shot.

Back