What's next for aldo if he loses the belt?

I doubt they'd do an immediate rematch, FW is full of contenders atm. If he loses, then he will probably work his way up to get a title shot.

Frankie is one of my favorite fighters, but Aldo has incredible takedown defense, is quite diverse and incredibly quick, taking away one of Frankie's best assets. He also works leg kicks like no other -- something Edgar has issues with -- and Frankie has a tendency to run into strikes when he's trying to work his lateral movement to great effect in his offense.

Frankie can definitely win, but he gets rocked and Aldo has the ability to finish quick and doesn't let guys recover.

The person in your avatar also has incredible TDD.

Yeah, coz apparently, one does not simply fight Frankie Edgar one time

32927320.jpg

If he loses in a remotely close fashion i think he will get a rematch, and if he gets dominated or if he dominates i see him moving to LW. I think he would smash that division until he runs into Gray or Bendo, which will be interesting tests.

It truly depends on how he loses.. if he gets demolished for 5 rounds like JDS just did, he will have to fight 1-2x to earn a rematch or maybe he decides to move up to 155lb as he has talked about in the past..

If it is close - Immediate Rematch
It is a landslide - Fight a featherweight title contender

Back