Reaction score
Who do you want to see him fight next?

Zabit?
Barbosa?
Sodiq?
Burgos?
Emmett?
Kattar?

I think he's gonna outgrapple anyone in the division, but I'd love to see him against a legit top striker with KO power. Josh Emmett would be a great fight/test at this stage of his career, but I'm not sure how much longer he's out with the injury. Jeremy Stephens/Burgos/Sodiq would all be good fights too, no shortage of tough tests in that division.

he hasn't earned zabit, emmett, or kattar yet. he should fight one of those other guys though.

I think he's gonna outgrapple anyone in the division.

He'd get tooled on the ground by Ortegoat and is probably lucky that Oliveira left the division.

I think he's gonna outgrapple anyone in the division, but I'd love to see him against a legit top striker with KO power. Josh Emmett would be a great fight/test at this stage of his career, but I'm not sure how much longer he's out with the injury. Jeremy Stephens/Burgos/Sodiq would all be good fights too, no shortage of tough tests in that division.
LoL he would get easily tapped by Ryan hall, Kron Gracie, and Ortega. Mitchell is a good grappler but he's not even close to the best grappler in 145.

Zabit and Zombie are also a better grappler than Bryce.

LoL he would get easily tapped by Ryan hall, Kron Gracie, and Ortega. Mitchell is a good grappler but he's not even close to the best grappler in 145.

Zabit and Zombie are also a better grappler than Bryce.
In a pure BJJ match, yeah definitely. MMA grappling, with his pace, takedowns, top pressure and control, I'm not so sure. None of those guys have displayed the wrestling that Bryce has. Yeah he may get tapped by some of those guys on any given night, but saying he would "easily get tapped" is just a baseless claim. Would be some fun matchups though.

In a pure BJJ match, yeah definitely. MMA grappling, with his pace, takedowns, top pressure and control, I'm not so sure. None of those guys have displayed the wrestling that Bryce has. Yeah he may get tapped by some of those guys on any given night, but saying he would "easily get tapped" is just a baseless claim. Would be some fun matchups though.
Dude you're completely clueless it you think Bryce can beat someone like Ryan on ground.

Bryce is not even a ground and pounder, so there's pretty much zero difference between pure grappling and mma grappling on the ground.

Dude you're completely clueless it you think Bryce can beat someone like Ryan on ground.

Bryce is not even a ground and pounder, so there's pretty much zero difference between pure grappling and mma grappling on the ground.
Ryan Hall has tremendous BJJ skills, but he isn't some unbeatable superhero. He couldn't finish Darren Elkins or Artem Lobov on the ground. Of course he could always catch anyone in a submission, but Mitchell is a beast and for sure a better pure wrestler. I'm not certain Hall could take him down if Bryce wanted to keep it on the feet. Remember that MMA grappling encompasses everything including submissions/takedowns/takedown defense/scrambles/transitions/clinch work. It's not the same as pure BJJ.

Anyways, neither of us really know what would happen. Would love to see the fight some day.

Ryan Hall has tremendous BJJ skills, but he isn't some unbeatable superhero. He couldn't finish Darren Elkins or Artem Lobov on the ground. Of course he could always catch anyone in a submission, but Mitchell is a beast and for sure a better pure wrestler. I'm not certain Hall could take him down if Bryce wanted to keep it on the feet. Remember that MMA grappling encompasses everything including submissions/takedowns/takedown defense/scrambles/transitions/clinch work. It's not the same as pure BJJ.

Anyways, neither of us really know what would happen. Would love to see the fight some day.
Bryce got reversed by fili multiple times tonight. Fili also escaped full mounts from Bruce multiples times. I don't even think Mitchell come close to submitting fili at any point of the fight.

There's a level to this shit. People will see it if they fight in the near future.

Back