What's more devastating, straight overhand or looping overhand?

no it's an overhand, a particular technique. Different people's crosses, jabs and hooks also have variation.

oh yeah punches are same too

just arm extending away from torso

oh yeah punches are same too

just arm extending away from torso
You are being ridiculous, there are a certain number of different styles of punches, an overhand is a certain technique. They are throwing an overhand. "Straight Overhand" is nonsensical because they are two different techniques.

By your definition there are an infinite number of different styles of punches because every single punches angle or position of the hand at that start of the punch has to be the exact same for it to be the same technique.

Last edited:
CHl8.gif

ktfo-chuckvs-rashad.gif

Lennox Lewis had a great straight right hand, and also a overhand that he used to loop over you shoulder.
-AEQzg.gif

You are being ridiculous, there are a certain number of different styles of punches, an overhand is a certain technique. They are throwing an overhand. "Straight Overhand" is nonsensical because they are two different techniques.

By your definition there are an infinite number of different styles of punches because every single punches angle or position of the hand at that start of the punch has to be the exact same for it to be the same technique.

reaching much?

I mean you sound dumb. There are different ways of throwing a jab. There are different ways of throwing a overhand.

Kinda dumb to talk about oh no it's a same technique and write two paragraphs for it.

reaching much?

I mean you sound dumb. There are different ways of throwing a jab. There are different ways of throwing a overhand.

Kinda dumb to talk about oh no it's a same technique and write two paragraphs for it.
I'm not the one that's reaching, you are the one saying it's a different technique based on the position of the fighters hand or their center of gravity when they throw it.

So, in MMA, probably the most knock out inducing punch is overhand right. I mean unlike jab where a lot of people just throw it out straight, though I guess you can have variation on it, overhand right seems to have two main variation.

You throw it straight down the pipe

1258048176_fedor-blood-punch.gif

or you loop it

23074c3da68998ecfbfc1f25b2bc3be4.gif

What do you think is more devastating and what do you think we see more often in MMA?

Discuss Sherbros
Depends on body type, body mechanics, comfort, balance, and a host of other things. I think most ppl will find they throw one harder, and one more comfortably. And they may or may not be the same one.

For my viewing pleasure I'll accept both, thank you very much.

What's a straight overhand?
I'm taking him to mean throwing it more like a cross or more like a hook. Of course neither will be straight. But one is obv straighter than the other and I've seen it taught both ways.

I'm assuming that's what he means?

A right cross (“straight right”) and an overhand right are two different punches.

I'm not the one that's reaching, you are the one saying it's a different technique based on the position of the fighters hand or their center of gravity when they throw it.

I never said different, learn to read and comprehend.

They’re all great weapons and a time and a place for all.

like the first time you sleep with a lady. That you like. You’re not going to be pile driving butt fucking her or spitting in her mouth.

you just do straight missionary and maybe work her ribs over a bit. Just to set a tone for things to come.

none is better than the other it’s just a timing thing. In my opinion.

I never said different, learn to read and comprehend.
Learn to express yourself correctly. What you said is absurd. An overhand is an overhand; how it looks depends on several factors, where the fighter has their hand when they start the punch, what their body position was and finally natural differences between people.

So, in MMA, probably the most knock out inducing punch is overhand right. I mean unlike jab where a lot of people just throw it out straight, though I guess you can have variation on it, overhand right seems to have two main variation.

You throw it straight down the pipe

1258048176_fedor-blood-punch.gif

or you loop it

23074c3da68998ecfbfc1f25b2bc3be4.gif

What do you think is more devastating and what do you think we see more often in MMA?

Discuss Sherbros
TS these are both overhand rights just filmed differently. The "looping" is a characteristic of an overhand punch.

Back