whats more dangerous?

toufeksian

Orange Belt
Reaction score
muay thai or mma without elbows?
im talking about a fight ,and what about the gloves?
the mma gloves tend to cut more , but about damaging the brain , ive read that the boxing gloves do more concusion damage , so , afecting more the brain than mma gloves , who cut instead of doing concusion damage , but also , the force is concentraded more in one point , so the posibility of a ko with a mma glove is higher than with a boxing glove , what do u think?

bottom line: i dont know what to start, mma or muay thai , ive trained both before , but now im scary about the damage i can get , so i was considering both options.

toufeksian said:
muay thai or mma without elbows?
im talking about a fight ,and what about the gloves?
the mma gloves tend to cut more , but about damaging the brain , ive read that the boxing gloves do more concusion damage , so , afecting more the brain than mma gloves , who cut instead of doing concusion damage , but also , the force is concentraded more in one point , so the posibility of a ko with a mma glove is higher than with a boxing glove , what do u think?

bottom line: i dont know what to start, mma or muay thai , ive trained both before , but now im scary about the damage i can get , so i was considering both options.

Where'd you read that boxing gloves do more "concusion damage"?

Both are dangerous, you have to accept that fact that you can and probably will get hurt if you compete in a combat sport. I would personally say Muay Thai is more dangerous, you are gonna take more strikes and most likely from harder strikers. What causes serious brain problems is the accumlation of lots of hits to the head, in MMA fighters usually dont get hit in the head all that much per fight as compared to say a muay thai fighter or especially a boxer.

The people who worry about getting robbed, always get robbed... The people who worry about getting sick, always get sick... That's how life works, everyone knows that.

You get more brain damage from using a cell phone (I have no evidence to back that statement up, but any amount of radiation is bad for you... right?) than combat sports like MT or MMA. You say you have done both MT and MMA, so do the one you enjoyed most. If you are constantly worrying about your brain while you fight you will never reach your full potential and might as well take neither MT nor MMA and go join an Extreme Knitting or a Contact Basket Weaving club... or play something less manly like Lacrosse.

Thats not to say you shouldn't be safety conscious, you only have 1 life. Just don't end up like that Monk guy...

... wait, uh...I think I've confused myself.

Holy shit... I ran an image search for 'Extreme Knitting'... turns out it's real...

extreme.sized.jpg

Dude, are there websites for extreme knitting? I think I may have found my new hobby...

I am shocked and appalled!

Anyway, I would think that the thinner MMA gloves would be more dangerous, both to the stiker and the strikey. Regardless, as was stated above, they are both dangerous. Any contact sport has the potential to be.

both are very dangerous, I guess depends on what your strengths are and what
injuries your willing to take if need be.

For me I'd rather do MMA, even though comfortable on my feet.
easier for me to defend an armbar or GnP compared to getting cornered, or clinched & kneed

wat?

I think u misunderstand,
anyways, my main point is this: it's like saying, choose your poision

Back