1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

What's left for Ronda?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Maxi157, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Ghost of Omni Banned Banned

After Cybrog, she will retire. She has already confirmed this. Get your MMA facts updated son

2. COBRA03 Black Belt

There is nothing left for Rhonda except Cyborg. If we have to see Miesha Tate fight Rhonda AGAIN, it's time to retire and go into show biz full time!

3. Serana Destroyer. Banned

She should attempt to beat Anderson Silva's title defense record.

4. Phronimos The truth don't have to be validated by ignorance.

She will keep collecting cheques till she gets better money elsewhere, then she'll retire undefeated.

Unfortunately, there is no competition for her and there doesn't appear to be any coming before she retires.

5. COBRA03 Black Belt

Just because she says she is retiring doesn't mean she really is! [see Fedor] Get your MMA facts updated son!!:rolleyes:

6. Phronimos The truth don't have to be validated by ignorance.

Too bad she is such a terrible actress.

7. KTMshredsall Green Belt

she needs to retire and move deep into the mountains where no one will ever have to listen to her

8. Montecristo Green Belt

LOL:icon_chee

9. Toxxus The Ancient One

Cyborg then superfight with TJ Dillashaw and then retire undefeated.

10. Montecristo Green Belt

And now Ronda is now saying that before she retires her last fight will be Cyborg.

That statment for me is prove of how much she is worried about fighting Cyborg.

I would be too, Cyborg is a woman who is at Kings MMA trading blows with RDA and Werdum, and getting smashed by Tito Ortiz at team punishment.

She is like a man. And a tough nasty motherfucker one.

It

11. Liquid Smoke Great artists steal™

I'm guessing after this fight she'll have a cheat meal, go back to the gym, act pissed when Meisha disses her, and then beat her again.

Rooting for Meisha though.

12. Levi_ Silver Belt

There is only Cyborg at this very point in time, but that won't last. I'm sure in the next few years some real competition will come along if the sport continues to grow or at least maintain.

People said GSP, Anderson, Jones, etc. would never be touched, but that turned out to not be true (by mentioning Jones I refer to the decision everyone forgot about against Gus that could easily have been a loss or draw, similarly with GSP's last fight which could have been scored either way).

There is always someone waiting in the wings no matter how invincible a fighter looks.

I think the Strawweight division is much more intriguing, and IMO if Ronda faced the kind of competition that is in that division, she wouldn't be nearly as dominant. Fighters in her weight just are comparatively weak right now. Again, that won't last forever though.

13. Spycho Black Belt

How many times does she have to beat 90's Jennifer Aniston Tate? No one is interested in that fight but I bet they'll shove it down our throats with shit like "Tate beat a "high level" grappler in Eye and showed she is ready for Rousey, she has improved". Bert Coheya will get KO'ed, Tate subbed and then what? The same list on and on? Cyborg is the only interesting fight.

14. Maxi157 White Belt

Nunes is a fight but not a real challenge.. Maybe she can fight everyone on the roster be the first to do that. She'll never fight a battle of the sexes unless it was grappling only no strikes. Wow it's sad there really is only one legit fight for her. As much as she is doing to promote women MMA, she's not bringing top fighters. Not one men's weight class is there only one legit fight to make. But I guess it's not really a knock on her just how far she is ability wise to other women, maybe someone from USA judo will come like Samatha Bleier she used to wrestle and is getting better at judo not to Rondas level but she could cross train over. The other is Leilani Akiyama tough as nails a lefty long time judo player lots of national titles but she is a good friend of Ronda so doubt she'd want to fight her.

15. She will only be in movies while she is fighting. She's not leaving to be Julia Roberts. Fighting, books, motivational speaker, trainer, coach. Hopefully not a van down by the river, right? Or an rv by a stream. She should be fine for life...the lunatic she is.

16. Jon Lock Purple Belt

Floyd, Cain, MM, Fallon, etc..

17. dabouv Purple Belt

Cyborg is the only fight people want to see. She is going to have a hard time getting much interest with Meisha 3. Cat would have to look like a beast for a few fights to even warrent a rematch. I suppose she could drop to 125 for catch weight against Joanna.

18. shinobimusashi Purple Belt

I can see Ronda fighting another 2-3 fights max and taking a hiatus from the sport.... to do WWE.

19. CC27 Gold Belt

Bethe
    Tate
    Holly Holm
    Pena
    Cyborg
    Cat/McMann rematches

20. CC27 Gold Belt

She'd have to complete her contract first.

I'm sure UFC has non compete clauses etc in the contract and if she's still under contract they'd have to give her permission which I dont think they would.

WWE could and probably will happen down the road but I think it will be years from now when her mma career is really done.

SHe's making big money and if after a few more fights she starts talking about leaving UFC will offer her even more money.

She doesnt have to fight three times a year, she can fight once or twice a year and do movies rest of the time.