What's happening on this forum???

uhh lets not be drama queens about all of this. He had his reasons for locking it whether people agree with it or not but at least hes not being arrogant about it and saying that his choice is THE ULTIMATE.

Superbeast said:
I find it best to listen to my peers.

There's your problem right there. It's silly to listen to me, I really don't have the forum's best interests at heart. I only come here when I'm so incredibly bored that the small shred of amusement I gain from fucking with the serious posters seems worth while. Every now and then I give legitimate advice to keep the public guessing, but my true nature seems spiteful and malignant.

Maybe things will change when I am training seriously again, but don't count on it.

Best to just ignore me, restart your thread under a different name and bank on the knowledge that I only open about 1 thread in 20.

Complaint threads on the other hand, tempt me to lock the entire front page, edit posts to insert crude jokes and lower myself to other petty things like that.

Superbeast said:
He's been a mod longer than me. I find it best to listen to my peers. Whether you find my actions "weak" is inconsequential, I'm not here to impress you. I've only been a mod for a few months so he is right to point out my lack of experience in this position, whether you find that laughable or not, what is, is. I'm doing my best to be a decent moderator and if that means some people disagree with my actions, well, I guess I am going to have to cry myself to sleep over that while listening to my Cure CDs on loop.

I didn't complain about you listening to him. I was basically pointing out something that you did...if you don't understand the ethical ramifications there isn't much I can do or really any reason to care. You can only help those willing to be helped.

TheHighlander said:
I didn't complain about you listening to him. I was basically pointing out something that you did...if you don't understand the ethical ramifications there isn't much I can do or really any reason to care. You can only help those willing to be helped.

Ethical ramifications? On a messageboard? WTF? :eek:

What a waste of words. One of the moderator said he would unlock the closed thread if people wanted it, and obviously some people want it, so ... thank you forehand to the moderator involved to do what he said he would.

br.,
laurent

superbeast, you're one of the best posters in this forum but dude, don't get sucked into the mega serious responsibilities of modship. this is, after all, the internet. i've seen it happen over in OT and MMA and it can corrupt once informative and valuable posters into thread closing, post editing nazis.

you said that this was 'your forum' in that thread. it's not your forum, it's everyones forum. if no-one posted here you wouldn't have shit to moderate.

and it's kinda lame to close a thread that you yourself were taking part in, sure it wasn't the greatest thread ever but it was interesting enough for you to post in a bunch of times.

Moving Shadow said:
superbeast, you're one of the best posters in this forum but dude, don't get sucked into the mega serious responsibilities of modship. this is, after all, the internet. i've seen it happen over in OT and MMA and it can corrupt once informative and valuable posters into thread closing, post editing nazis.

<---- Case in point.

Moving Shadow said:

you said that this was 'your forum' in that thread. it's not your forum, it's everyones forum. if no-one posted here you wouldn't have shit to moderate.

and it's kinda lame to close a thread that you yourself were taking part in, sure it wasn't the greatest thread ever but it was interesting enough for you to post in a bunch of times.

It's not a mega serious responsibility. My house keys are more important.

I went off at a guy for being a troll who added nothing to the thread at the time. String me up my balls and batter me with cacti for daring to say anything to someone who adds the important opinion of "STFU!" What a total ratbastard I am, I think I'll go set myself on fire right now. Come on, the guy was trolling and I'm the one getting shit about "ethical ramifications?"

The mods are responsible for this forum and as such it's ours to maintain. I'm a mod, ergo, it's my forum to an extent. Obviously without posters we would need to be mods but if not for double posts, racism, crap threads, trolls and other crap generated by certain posters there would be no need for mods to begin with.

As I said before, I'll reopen the thread if it means that much to all of you. Just get a few of you together to say "please reopen the thread" and stop acting like I raped your mothers while pouring sugar in your petrol tank because I locked a thread.

I'm going to go play some Ninja Gaiden for now, if you guys can club together and say "Aye!" in my absence it'll be unlocked.

Anyway, goats blood, virgin Christian babies on toast and Xbox await.

my opinion is that this place should be about technique and other assorted bullshit that happens while training grappling, whether it be for mma or sport. then we can have a street fighting/defense sub-forum in the wasteland where everybody can say things like, "the best choice is always to walk away, no matter what ma's you know" and, "bjj isnt a good choice for multiple attacker situations" and feel like they are being original. or you talk about the best art for situations where your attacker is armed with a broken glass bottle, you're on a city street with sharp objects and lava on the ground, he's got 5 friends, and you've got a bad knee and a broken right hand...and your girlfriend, little sister, and mother are being held captive in a warehouse 2000 miles away and they will be blown up if your attacker drops the remote in his other hand. you're definitely going to need to crosstrain for that one.

i commend the original decision to lock that worthless peice of shit thread, and booooooo the reopening.

If this thread came about due to a previous locked thread, I'd rather let this sink naturally to avoid yet another thread.

I give Superbeast at least another 6 months of modding the grappling forum before he is as bitter, twisted and dysfunctional as Mirada.... ;)

I was going to say he looks like the Miraderator in his prime, motivated articulate and rational.

As opposed to disenfranchised, terse and whimsical.

Back