What's happening at JACKSONTWINK?

Does....does she wear tiny shorts?
L3EW1Ks.jpg
I would pay tree fitty if so. Good Lawd!

I was merely pointing out the fact that every premier MMA gym goes downhill sooner or later. People assumed the legacy of success would continue for those older gyms, it did not.

And now we’re seeing it happen with Jackson Winklejohn.

With regards to TriStar, I’ve always thought Faras was solid, but I was not kept up to date with everyone in his stable besides... Rory, who is awesome, but most likely past his prime.
Hi coconut.

I did want to squeeze back in Jackson / Wink has done some good work coaching.<{imoyeah}>Fair is fair.

Firas, he's knowledgeable. But take St. Pierre. St. Pierre did Kyokushin prior to hooking up with Tristar. Firas back peddles and says karate can be good. St Pierre is more definite. His karate training did him a world of good.

Then take Firas, whose specialty is BJJ. He and John Danaher, so Firas relates. St. Pierre went to wrestling for most his grappling. Who trained that? St. Pierre went to boxing for striking. Firas isn't a trained boxer. St. Pierre studied under Freddie Roach, who is roundly acknowledged as an outstanding boxing trainer. Forget Roach's understudy list, listen to the guy. He knows boxing science inside & out, and the importance of each component and how it all works together, must function together. Not endless round tables on life's special meanings.

So why does Firas CONSTANTLY spout about because St. Pierre (and outstanding athlete without MMA) resided at Tristar, that's the locus of the St. Pierre's success?

I understand Firas, et al MMA camps have to market, recruit; just callin' it like how I see it.<Gordonhat>

Hi coconut.

I did want to squeeze back in Jackson / Wink has done some good work coaching.<{imoyeah}>Fair is fair.

Firas, he's knowledgeable. But take St. Pierre. St. Pierre did Kyokushin prior to hooking up with Tristar. Firas back peddles and says karate can be good. St Pierre is more definite. His karate training did him a world of good.

Then take Firas, whose specialty is BJJ. He and John Danaher, so Firas relates. St. Pierre went to wrestling for most his grappling. Who trained that? St. Pierre went to boxing for striking. Firas isn't a trained boxer. St. Pierre studied under Freddie Roach, who is roundly acknowledged as an outstanding boxing trainer. Forget Roach's understudy list, listen to the guy. He knows boxing science inside & out, and the importance of each component and how it all works together, must function together. Not endless round tables on life's special meanings.

So why does Firas CONSTANTLY spout about because St. Pierre (and outstanding athlete without MMA) resided at Tristar, that's the locus of the St. Pierre's success?

I understand Firas, et al MMA camps have to market, recruit; just callin' it like how I see it.<Gordonhat>

Did Rory get built at TriStar? Because if so, he’s a good enough fighter to prove there’s something going on. I think Faras is sort of lame in some things but what I like is he does realize it when other people know more than him. Other coaches would try to prevent having a famous fighter seek outside help so they can retain 100% credit.

Did Rory get built at TriStar? Because if so, he’s a good enough fighter to prove there’s something going on. I think Faras is sort of lame in some things but what I like is he does realize it when other people know more than him. Other coaches would try to prevent having a famous fighter seek outside help so they can retain 100% credit.
Good discussion point. You could educate me, 'cause I never followed Rory really until he left for Bellator.

A Jackson / Wink example of what you are talking about could be best described by Holly Holm, who we know has had a string of disappointments. But for the time, the entrance of Holm signaled a big step up in WMMA striking, along with Ronda's MMA-Judo just before that.

The MMA camp business is a tough business. Jackson grew tired of the grind; and Winkeljohn did not grow because of his own inherent martial limitations. They did bring in other coaches, like Brandon Gibson, etc., to help.

Really above average given a cross section of their accomplishments over their history. I personally just cringe @ the gaido jutsu kinda sch-tick. That is what makes BJJ so great is it's birth from Judo and link arts-wise. The Gracie's altered Judo, changed emphasis, yet maintained Judo's martial philosophical underpinnings.

BJJ is very impressive to me, and I agree w Rogan & Firas, or should say I concur with their more informed high opinions of BJJ the art. Judo I prefer because it's closer to Japanese Jujitsu practices which is a highly developed fighting art. My 2 cents.

Back