What's happening at JACKSONTWINK?

If you laugh @ my last post (#62), remember Chris Weidman handily beat Lyoto Machida with a Serra-Longo version of striking footwork.
<15>
Not sure what that proves....<28>

from what I remember hearing Jackson has basically checked out and is only a name on the building now and wink is a money hungry coach offering private sessions with holly to pull in more cash.

It caused mostly by Winkeljohn's greed mixed with his incompetence as a trainer. Jackson going his own way ain't helping either.
The gym is painfully behind modern MMA and everyone who could find better place to train left.
I still remember back in the days people would be like “wink is the real reason why that gym is so good” lol now it’s “because Jackson is leaving”

from what I remember hearing Jackson has basically checked out and is only a name on the building now and wink is a money hungry coach offering private sessions with holly to pull in more cash.
That's been the rumor. He did bust his ass to build the place, including following the then UFC game plan.<You11>

Does....does she wear tiny shorts?
L3EW1Ks.jpg

But of course...I got you fam.

408full-holly-holm.jpg

65721684_2074663379503734_395611040060855493_n.jpg

634823864.0.jpg

D2ysYEdX0AUjBfU.jpg

20190618_162048.jpg

I know GSP is partially retired but is TriStar even a thing anymore?
They're still doing okay

Rory MacDonald
Vitor Belfort
Kevin Lee
Johnny Walker
Robert Whitaker
Anthony Smith
John Makdessi
Francis Carmont
Alex Garcia
Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Joe Duffy
Randa Markos
Sage Northcutt
Nordine Taleb
Joanne Calderwood
Stevie Ray
Arnold Allen
Mickey Gall
Aiemann Zahabi
Elias Theodorou
Mirsad Bektic
Ryan Hall

They're still doing okay

Rory MacDonald
Vitor Belfort
Kevin Lee
Johnny Walker
Robert Whitaker
Anthony Smith
John Makdessi
Francis Carmont
Alex Garcia
Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Joe Duffy
Randa Markos
Sage Northcutt
Nordine Taleb
Joanne Calderwood
Stevie Ray
Arnold Allen
Mickey Gall
Aiemann Zahabi
Elias Theodorou
Mirsad Bektic
Ryan Hall

i forgot francis carmont existed. is he in bellator now?

destroyed by kevin spacey and bryan singer

i forgot francis carmont existed. is he in bellator now?
He was, hasn't fought since 2016 and Bellator released him in 2018. I had him on the list more as an honorable mention as a 37 fight vet dating back to 2004, and having a 9 fight stint in UFC, winning 6.

They're still doing okay

Firas takes his marketing pages right of the narcissist textbook. Step 1: Single out and individual (art) from the crowd, and make the the threat, the undesirable. In this video, the McDojo!!!! The famous MMA whipping boy, the karate McDojo.<{spoogebab}>
Firas Zahabi on the Watering Down of BJJ
•Nov 27, 2019

JRE Clips

3.67M subscribers
Taken from JRE MMA show #83 w/Firas Zahabi: https://youtu.be/GgrspAOucvM

Step 2, position oneself as the hero, rescuing martial arts from this evil, threatening undesirable. The McDojo. Name them Firas.... no he doesn't give any specific. Doesn\t want to say.

Step 3, indirectly describe yourself as the HERO... here align with another MMA designated HERO, (aka John Danaher who is legit). After all, Firas has so, so many students come to him from (these) other schools. Soo, sooo many.

Result, people listen to this video then come to think,,, WOW,! that Firas guy is leading us, saving us. Gotta go to Tristar.

What Firas doesn't tell you. Hard Sparring is a double edged sword.<NightKingBringIt>
\
Joe Rogan on Gegard Mousasi Stopping Rory Macdonald
•Oct 2, 2018

JRE Clips

3.67M subscribers
Taken from JRE MMA Show #43:

Just listen to Firas say how it's important to go full bore w BJJ; then end on how gentle the art is. Who else was famous for talking out of both sides of their mouth?<Baelish01>Did a lot of damage.

DISCLAIMER: Rigorous sparring is key part of boxing science & Muay Thai programs. Everything in it's place.<Ned01>

Last edited:
Greg Jackson took a backseat and Winklejohn is a fraud.

Casting for a lifeboat?<21>

Yeah, definitely. Tristar's a thing.<{RoseRun}>

I was merely pointing out the fact that every premier MMA gym goes downhill sooner or later. People assumed the legacy of success would continue for those older gyms, it did not.

And now we’re seeing it happen with Jackson Winklejohn.

With regards to TriStar, I’ve always thought Faras was solid, but I was not kept up to date with everyone in his stable besides... Rory, who is awesome, but most likely past his prime.

Last edited:
I have read how jon is a pain in ass in the gym. How other fighters get ignored even when having a fight upcoming. Like Diego for instance...who isnt gonna challenge for the title, but still deserves the coaches attention since he pays them to coach him. I can understand they want to give special attention to jon, but if it's at the expense of ignoring other fighters needs, it messed up. U see a camp like aka where they are a team and work together.. no one is special and they all work as a team....and their fighters are happy. That's a good thing. Alienating some fighters to make ur top guy feel special is not good.

Back