Relationship What's great about your mom or dad?

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or whoever your parental mentor is?

My mom is such a very kind person, almost too kind for her own good. Her intentions are always meant well for the family. She's so giving and understanding.

My dad has come along way to understanding his kids. He use to be very tough, but now he's more of sweet gentle soul. One thing I love about my father is his sense of humor, he can easily break the tension by just a one liner and everything all good.

They loved me fiercely….
Mom was a one shrewd cookie..
Both mom and dad knew how to move around people, very intuitive…
They both made it clear I could do and be anything I wanted…I still carry that message today..
There was plenty of ugly mixed in, but that’s for a different thread…

My mother might be the kindest person I’ve ever encountered. A truly pure hearted soul.

My father is filled with wisdom and ambition. He never gave me what I wanted but always made sure I had what I needed. He is like Furious, from Boyz in the hood. He also sends me inspirational quotes, life advice and positive messages every morning I don’t mean rehashed googled quotes I mean things that he comes up with every morning at 6:30am without fail.
you-have-to-think-young-brotha-furious-styles.gif

I save many in my notes and one day plan to make a book of them. There are some fantastic pearls of wisdom in there.

Last edited:
My mom and dad have always been there for me even when I was at my lowest moments in life, I always be great full that I have such wonderful parents

Both were amazing. Funnt, interesting, loving, caring. Made my life a joy. I miss them.

My Dad was one of the greatest outdoorsman that ever lived. He introduced hundreds of people to hunting and fishing in his lifetime.

He introduced PSE Archery Founder Pete Shepley to Bowhunting, and was part of the inspiration for Pete developing and making a better Compound Bow than was available circa 1960's. I still have a couple of the very first prototype Bows Pete made in his basement. They opened and operated an indoor/outdoor Archery range and Pro-shop together for many years until Pete relocated out west.

Mom was one of a kind. Despite being the oldest of 10 farm kids who had a river running through their property; she had practically zero experience hunting or fishing until meeting Pops. She mastered every weapon she ever picked up though.

She truly is one of a kind. All of my Sisters and several Cousins were Married in Wedding Gowns that were hand sewn by Ma. She could drop the drive shaft from the pick up, and make a B-day cake from scratch in the same afternoon.

My parents were special. My heart goes out to anyone who was not blessed with amazing parental role models like I was. #Blessed

My father is a workhorse. I have never seen someone as active as him in my whole life. I'm proud of myself for being able to outwork all my colleagues but he makes me look like a lazy bum.
He is also incorruptible. He has been offered a shit ton of money to do shady business back in the day and he rejected them all.

Edit:
The guy is also incredibly talented for any work that implies building or repairing stuff. He is the most practical person I have ever met.
He also does not give a shit about what anybody thinks. Sometimes he can be extravagant and he gives zero fucks about it. 100% unapologetic.

Reactions: Zer
My mother is the only person I care about equally as myself and sometimes even more than myself. I honestly don't know what I will do when she leave this world. I have always think about this ever since I know the concept of living and leaving, and I still have no answer.

Or whoever your parental mentor is?

My mom is such a very kind person, almost too kind for her own good. Her intentions are always meant well for the family. She's so giving and understanding.

My dad has come along way to understanding his kids. He use to be very tough, but now he's more of sweet gentle soul. One thing I love about my father is his sense of humor, he can easily break the tension by just a one liner and everything all good.
This is 100% my parents (& my FIL, apparently...MIL, not so much).

My youngest son is non-verbal, severely autistic & one of the few people he has a close relationship is my Dad. If you knew my Dad when we were growing up, the relationship he has with his grandson is the very last thing one would expect from him.

Both sets of parents have been incredibly generous taking turns each month helping my wife & I offset the costs of our son's private therapy. Without their assistance it's very probable we would go bankrupt (private therapy costs us approximately $3000/month) or we'd have to get him non-private help which is both inadequate & infrequent.

Now that I'm older & married with children, I can more easily appreciate all the sacrifices they made for my brothers & I.

In short, my parents are f**king awesome!

My parents are incredibly generous and supportive. They love Jesus and instilled a sense of serving others in us from a very early age. They adopted three kids including myself and we were never once treated any different than biological children. I owe a lot of my work ethic to my father and empathy to my mother.

Back