Whats going on with KZ? Who is he fighting next?

He hasn't fought since May. Is he waiting out for the next title shot?

He probably is, he deserves it I think + what would be the point of fighting the winner of Koch vs Lamas when the fight between Aldo vs Edgar is one week later? Unless Dana tells him that he's no longer contender #1 and that he has to fight Koch/Lamas winner, I think he will wait.

Isn't he injured? I don't really hear much about him in the MMA news...

He was injured but should have fought Aldo in the fall. Now he's in an awkward position as the number one contender but after Koch/lamas that might be debated.

After Aldo beats Edgar and moves up kz vs lamas/Koch can be for the next fw champion. Mendes/manny if chad wins can be first contended with Edgar vs Siver/cub as next.

Been healing up some old injuries. He wanted to fight on the Macau Fuel card but had to get surgery, then talked about wanting to fight on the Japan card, but I've heard nothing else since then. I bet he gets a fight lined up within the next month.

I looked at the featherweight roster though, and all the top guys have fights lined up.. The best fighter who doesn't have a fight lined up is Darren Elkins, so we may be seeing Elkins vs the Korean Zombie.

Zombie has definitely been exciting as hell but I don't know if I'd say he's number 1 contender. Koch still is the 1 contender in my mind until he loses.
Lamas has been on a tear.
Mendes has destroyed his last two opponents since losing to Aldo.
Throw in Cub/Siver as well as the possibility of an Edgar/Aldo rematch (we all know how Frankie loves his championship rematches, especially if he pulls out a close decision over Aldo).

I think it's safe to say Zombie has at least one if not two more fights to go before he gets a crack at the belt

I think it's safe to say Zombie has at least one if not two more fights to go before he gets a crack at the belt

I'd agree with this statement, the UFC has been a "what have you done for me lately" type of promotion.....

His fight with Portier has been eons ago in fight standards.... while it was an impressive performance, I'd disagree that it made him a numero uno contender.

I'd like to see him get another two impressive wins before fighting Aldo, the guy has shown improvement in every fight. In reality tough, IMO he is not there to give Jose a run for his money just yet.

As stated above i heard he was rehabbing injuries, although i had also heard that he was perfectly content to wait as long a he needed to to get a title shot. That my be a long time seeing as there are much more active and equally dominant fighter coming up in the FW division. while i feel like he has the most exciting wins i would still rank Lamas, Swanson, Siver, and Mendes right up there as far as worthiness goes. Koch im not so taken with. He should definitely get another win or 2 before he is the undisputed No.1 contender. Just takes too much time off between fights.

He was injured but should have fought Aldo in the fall. Now he's in an awkward position as the number one contender but after Koch/lamas that might be debated.

After Aldo beats Edgar and moves up kz vs lamas/Koch can be for the next fw champion. Mendes/manny if chad wins can be first contended with Edgar vs Siver/cub as next.

nice

Thinking UFC is making him wait since he is marketable. Koch never deserved the shot in my opinion but his fight with Lamas is for the next number 1 in my mind. I think Swanson vs. Siver winner may have to take 1 more fight. Maybe against either Mendes/Gamburyan winner or Guida/Hioki winner. All depends on who wins cuz Mendes already beat Swanson before. Don't know if they'll rematch now even though Cub has vastly improved.

Its clear kz vs winner of aldo vs edgar is wat dana has in mind. remember its all about who makes it more money for ufc plus excitement factor. kz all day

Word on the street is that KZ submitted the four horsemen to prevent the Apocalypse. May or may not be truth.

Back