What's Conor's kryptonite?

220px-Jab4.jpg

300px-Cross1.jpg

Im not gonna lie, I hate conor with a passion but he is the best striker in his divisions, khabib and nate are the only ones who will always have his number, that second diaz fight u gotta admit u lost the last 3 rounds.

Large pressure fighters with a striking focus. People often look to grapplers, but I honestly think his distance control is too strong for anyone who doesn't have decent movement or at the very least represents something of a threat on the feet long enough to get the takedown.

Best a grappler has done against him is Mendes and for all the histrionics about it being short notice, long and short of it is Mendes couldn't keep him down, and ate a lot of damage getting him down leading up to getting finished. The Diaz submission was set up by strikes on the feet. Before getting rocked Mcgregor got into a couple scrambles with Diaz, did fine. Not even getting into fight 2.

With all that said, a larger Mighty Mouse type could probably take him, someone who can move well between aspects of the offensive game. But there isn't anyone who really represents that at fw or lw other then maybe Edgar... As for Khabib well... I think that will end up looking like the Mendes fight, but it is worth remembering: Khabib wrestles bears. I don't give Ferguson a bad shot, as he does have the large pressure fighter thing going for him, and he does mix up his game pretty well. But he depends on his toughness a bit too much.

A guy with an ability to take a shot. A guy with great footwork. A guy with great offensive wrestling.

Khabib COULD beat him, but he's gotta get his hands on him first. My bet would be on Conor landing that left while Khabib is coming in winging hooks.

At 155, the most likely guy to beat Conor is Tony Ferguson.

Considering hes been willing to dropping down to 145 lookin like a cancer patient thats about to die in 15 minutes in order to have that reach advantage, and by picking all opponents that are significantly shorter than him, i would say its the reach advantage, as with all counter strikers...

Floyd

Nah, possibly his own ego. Some greats are their own worst enemy, eg. Jon Jones.

A high-level wrestler, with an iron chin, and relentless cardio. Khabib, basically, except I'm not sure his chin would hold up.

The wrestler would also have to be able to disguise his shots well, and set them up with footwork, by cutting angles and pressuring back. They would also have to be versed in BJJ, and pass his guard. Unlike Mendes, who sat in Conor's guard, eating elbows.

Im not gonna lie, I hate conor with a passion but he is the best striker in his divisions, khabib and nate are the only ones who will always have his number, that second diaz fight u gotta admit u lost the last 3 rounds.
lol He only clearly lost round 3. Round 5 was super close, I think Nate might have just nicked it with the late takedown (although Conor also took Nate down which gets forgotten about). Round 4 was easily Conors.

The guy doesn't do well mentally when things don't go his way. Cardio is questionable despite all the running he did against nate.

A high-level wrestler, with an iron chin, and relentless cardio. Khabib, basically, except I'm not sure his chin would hold up.

The wrestler would also have to be able to disguise his shots well, and set them up with footwork, by cutting angles and pressuring back. They would also have to be versed in BJJ, and pass his guard. Unlike Mendes, who sat in Conor's guard, eating elbows.

Khabib is a World Champ in BJJ.....I think he will be his biggest threat. I will give Conor more credit, when he mans up.

someone who employs the Homer Simpson technique - basically a unique chin that can withstand getting whacked over and over

People wanna say Khabib or Ferguson and those are the popular choices and I can see why but.... Honestly, I think MJ would Fuck him up at 155. I think he'd beat Conor at his own game. The speed, angles, footwork, ability to take multiple shots. They're all better than Conor's IMO. Especially the speed and chin. Flame me bros.

Back