What's Brendan Schaub's ceiling as a fighter?

I aint never seen him improve in any fights. At 31 years old, I think he will be around about another 5 years but that's just because HW rarely sees any new talent to take the old ones place.

He went from someone who is getting KO'd often to become a soulless shutdown machine.

He's decent everywhere skill wise but he will never get near the top with his chin. Big Nog knocked him out for fuck's sake.

His max is probably victim on alot of top fighters highlight videos. He would actually be a pretty nice gatekeeper for up and comers to get a couple highlight vids on.

Unless something dramatically changes he'll scrape the top 10 here and there on short win streaks and retire a noteworthy, but unspectacular HW.

That stated, since seeing Lawler emerge as a top WW prospect I won't count anyone out anymore. Lawler looked like a middle of the pack MW journeyman for a few years, some big wins and some disappointing losses in a 2nd tier org. Then he changes camps, returns to WW, returns to the UFC, and suddenly he's a killer.

I just don't know that there is specifically a ceiling. I think these guys just need the physical tools, the technical skills, the desire, the right camp, and unwavering self confidence behind them all at the same time. Then the sky is the limit.

Q0FCy.gif

Big Country, Big Nog, and Big Ben.
So dudes with Big in their nickname.

Schaub probably murders Cain as a result.

He could go to the top.

A speciman, who's young and willing to learn. Recipe for success in the HW division. His chin is only shit if you're a moron that realizes chins quickly have no relevance in the HW division aside from a few exceptions
I would say heavyweight is the division where having a weak chin would be most detrimental. EVERYONE has knockout power in that division...having a weak chin will prevent you from ever getting to the top. Having a chin that can't withstand an 'average' HW punch is a significant disadvantage when you're competing against people like JDS and Roy Nelson who can absorb all but the most powerful shots and keep fighting AND deliver huge, devastating strikes.

I know his master bedroom has an eggshell texture to it, but I don't know about the rest of the house.

He's a guy with a lot of tools. Extremely athletic, very good cardio, power in his hands, good jiu jitsu, and yet he's not even top 10. Obviously his major weak point is his chin. He also doesn't seem to be the smartest fighter around. Still, he doesn't have a ton of fights and he has a lot of things to work with, so where might his career end up in a few years?

He'll do awesome, he is in a great place mentally and I can't wait to see his next fight.

He already shut down the goddess goat Ronda cheeeese Face Rousey. He has nothing to prove.

I like Schaub but I just don't see championship material from him. I think he beats a lot of mid-tier fighters but there's no way in hell I can see him squaring off against Cain or JDS and surviving.

Unlimited potential. He could easily crack the top 40 any day now.

Kid needs to work on his striking defense, it's trash. If you're getting knocked out by big shots it's because you're letting them through. He can take shots, he just takes to many.
He needs to develop some head movement.

Back