1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

whats best bjj gym in arizona?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by the MUSCLESHARK, Jun 27, 2010.

1. the MUSCLESHARK

the MUSCLESHARK Orange Belt

any renown players dow there? lookin to move

2. the MUSCLESHARK

3. Kyuktooki

Kyuktooki Blue Belt

Trying to start a rivalry?
    Most people would say Gustavo Dantas or Megaton is the best place to train in Phoenix but I don't know anything about Tuscon and other places in Southern Arizona and there are very few places to train in Northern Arizona (I train in Flagstaff with people who are mostly students of Megaton). Clearly... Dantas teams did the best at the last BJJ tournament Dantas put on based on points, followed by MMA Lab, but having visited Dantas' gym I believe Megaton has less students so it might be difficult to compare based on points alone (also the other two schools have people training MMA professionally whereas Megaton focuses only on grappling).

4. HGH Powerbar

HGH Powerbar White Belt

It depends where in Arizona you are looking to train. In the Phoenix area there is Arizona Combat Sports which is run by 3rd degree black belt Gustavo Dantas. There is also team Megaton which is taught by Gracie Humaita 4th degree black belt Megaton Dias. If you are looking to train in Tucson, then Tucson BJJ is the place to train. It is run by Demetrius Ramos a Rodgrigo Medeiros (bjj revolution) black belt and is where I train while attending University of Arizona. This was the school of world champion Ryan Beauregard who opened his own academy, Team Beauregard BJJ in Phoenix.

5. the MUSCLESHARK

thank you guys very much. sounds like arizonas a solid jitsu place. im lookin forward to it

6. gdjiujitsu

gdjiujitsu Yellow Belt