what's a good killer back workout with dumbs and bars?

mmaelitefan000

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
today's back day n im just trying to figure out what types of back workouts would get me sore. i do the the common pullups, rows, and presses but want to know if there are other types of exercises that will get me a good sore, something i haven't felt in awhile.

Why do you want to get good sore instead of bad sore?

Deadlifts. Good mornings. Yate rows.

Good mornings and romanian deadlifts imo.

Good mornings and romanian deadlifts imo.

RDL usually hits the hamstrings more than the back. SLDL tends to hit the back more than the hamstrings. Anyhow, DL, rack pulls, chins, BOR.. That's just a few.

Getting someone to hit you repeatedly on the back will make you sore. If soreness is all you want, go with that.

Plus, when you come and post an injury thread about it, we will be able to actually give you a good diagnosis ("someone's been hitting you on the back with a barbell") and treatment programme ("stop letting people hit you on the back").

i'm not a huge fan of Martin Rooney, but i have incorporated the two exercises he shows in this video and have felt the benefits.

Why are you training to get sore? That alone seems completely pointless. Your goal should be to either get stronger or gain muscle mass. Anyways, there really isn't any need to complicate the workout. Deadlifts, barbell rows, and pull ups will be the most effective movements to hit. You really don't need to do anything more.

Back