1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

what's a fair asking price for a ...

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by ohmalley, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ohmalley

ohmalley Blue Belt

blue keiko raca goldweave jacket?

i've got it listed on ebay (size A1). it didn't sell in the first 7 day auction and i'm wondering if the price i'm asking is too high. started the bidding at $50 with a $100 buy it now price. it's been used once and washed and dried once (actual measurements are listed in the auction). i'm selling for 2 reasons: a) i'm not a big fan of the cuffs, and b) i'm not as into goldweave as i thought i'd be -- esp in the summer. i just relisted it with a $75 buy it now price, but kept the starting bid at 50 -- any less than that and i may as well just keep it for winter and have the sleeves altered.

i bought the gi brand new from the keiko store for $170. is what i'm asking unreasonable? note i'm just selling the jacket (i ADORE the pants -- plus, i've had them altered).

any input is truly appreciated, as i'm trying to unload it before i head to SF next week.

thanks!

2. acsubie**

acsubie** Orange Belt

I think 75 is a good deal. I also bought a keiko during a budovideos sale. Great feeling gi, just not feeling the cut. It's def made for athletic builds. I'm 6'0 220lbs and went with an A4. The jacket skirt is entirely too long but the sleeves are just about perfect. Add to that the fact that the jacket itself shrunk too almost being unwearable after just a hot wash and hanging outside.

I was able to get the pants to a good length, but damn they are very very wide at the bottom. I have yet to wear it, and am considering selling and going with a koral

3. theSkeptiks

theSkeptiks Blue Belt

Thats too much for just the jacket. I sold my keiko Raca jacket and pants that were in excellent condition for $85 on ebay.

Just jackets/tops go for about $40-$60 on ebay.