Whats a decent pistol for home defense?

JoshTehV

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It needs to have a caliber and size that can be handled by a 15-year-old sister, and my mom. I'd like to get something that also would do decently at the range and not give me a ton of issues like feeding, cycling, etc.
I'm not really looking to spend more than 400$ bucks on something I will most likely give away.

My parent's house has been broken into around 2-3 times in the last few months and miscellaneous knives and whatnot don't leave me exactly feeling protected nor does my family. Especially when we had one event were a group of 5 people attempted to make their way into their other home at 10 am in the morning and we just all happened to be home at the time.

I had to go over there and clear the house out with nothing more than a trench knife two days ago, and I'm a small dude with a 67-inch reach.

Get a shotgun. It's got a good spread!!

9mm for caliber. CZ P-10C for a quality gun in your price range. Or a Canik TP9. Don't let the price on those fool you. They're good guns.

• Ruger SP101.
  • Glock G19 G4.
  • Beretta USA 92/M-9A1.
  • Smith & Wesson – 629.
  • Taurus 513 Raging Judge.
  • Glock G41 G4.
To name a few

Bersa thunder .380 for semi-auto $270
Ruger lcr in 38sp for revolver $400-450

Revolver is the only answer.

Get a .22

AR44434-1.JPG.jpg

I would get some form of Taurus Judge. There are tons of 45 Long Colt loads that are great for home defense, it can take 410 shotgun shells, and it should be weighted enough to not kick too hard.

Where you planning to buy the gun from??

I live in San Francisco. I'm woke and you don't need a gun. Just yell political correct terms and call them bigots and the robbers will flee from your house in terror. Nothing worse in SF than being called a homophobe.

Oh and all the "woke" homeless people shitting on the streets.

9mm, something small. I used a Taurus G2C for mine, only a single stack but really you should be ripping off more than 2-3 shots anyways. Make sure to use defense ammo also, no chance of it going through walls if (when) you miss.

Are your mom and sister used to handling large weapons?

One of these would be a lot more effective in preventing home-invasion than a gun:

Street criminals aren't really scared of joe-homeowner with gun in the closet--heck they'd like the chance to steal it. But everybody is terrified of 100+ lbs of muscle and teeth that can hear/smell you before you even get through the door.

Guns can't prevent home-invasion they can only give you a fighting chance if things escalate to violence. Personally if I lived somewhere that has the sort of problems you describe, I'd move.

Also have to say an axe is a good idea.

Iv seen people not give a fuck about guns or about risk of getting shot.

But every guy that saw an axe stopped immediatly

Back