What's a cuter puppy dog: chow chow or bulldog?

Most puppies are cute but I don't like the adult version of most dogs.

Like german shepards, cute as fuck as puppies but I hate their short hind legs, a result of inbreeding if I recall. Same with rottweilers, cute as fuck but pretty ugly all grown up.

I think mixes are where it's at, reduces the chance of genetic defects and you can end up with some pretty unique looks. But it's unpredictable, no two dogs even with the same mix will look the same.

most dogs are cute as pups, but your right that a lot grow up and are just meh. mostly small dogs stay cute however throughout their lives, example Pomeranians, shiba inu, collies, shelties, etc. Golden retrievers, labs, etc just seem quite meh to me. They are of course pretty dogs but i like dogs that stay as cute as when they are puppies, and so does my gf.

Most puppies are cute but I don't like the adult version of most dogs.

Like german shepards, cute as fuck as puppies but I hate their short hind legs, a result of inbreeding if I recall. Same with rottweilers, cute as fuck but pretty ugly all grown up.

I think mixes are where it's at, reduces the chance of genetic defects and you can end up with some pretty unique looks. But it's unpredictable, no two dogs even with the same mix will look the same.

This is one of the reasons why I love goldens.

Golden-Retriever-1.jpg

All growed up.

I do like the way GSDs look grown too though.

Thinking of getting a corgi. Some of you guys made a good case for a Maltese. Cute dogs.

Below gif made me a fan of corgis.
giphy.gif

Have you guys never heard of Corgis? They're the most adorable animal on the planet.

pet-580x435.jpg

corgi-puppy.jpg

tumblr_m8gep1ExE81qzluq9o4_400.jpg

Samoyed puppies are pretty cute imo.

tumblr_static_samoyed3.jpg

Cool looking grown as well.

Samoyed21.jpg

Last edited:
Cockers are the cutest dogs cause they retain their puppy style their whole life IMO.

Screenshot2011-07-22at94018AM.png

Screenshot2011-07-22at94047AM.png

I'm pretty sure if I presented my future wife with a Corgi puppy as a present, I could get her to do or give me anything I'd ever ask for until the end of time.

How about these puppies?

gcJsIsv.jpg

2nGmeDX.jpg

fSCfWg4.jpg

3TLOyC7.jpg

7hLxiPV.jpg

rmNic0o.jpg

Dog's ugly as fuck tho. Both of them.

Corgi Puppies are the cutest animals in the universe

corgi-puppy-on-a-couch.jpg

Bulldogs. I think the cutest puppies are pit bulls. I wouldn't own one though.

cute-Pitbull-puppies-ready-for-good-homes51529c4ea7746ca585d3.jpg

time to murk this thread.

corgis FTW

Last edited:
I really don't understand the corgi love. They're just not pretty/cute animals in my opinion. Sure, the puppies are cute, but you can say that about any breed of puppy. As adults, they just seem like a gross reminder of how humans will destroy an animal's physical aptitude in order to create something unique.

My grandparents have a corgi and it's probably the dumbest dog I've ever seen. Even they talk about how stupid she is, despite the fact that they love her.

Granted, bulldogs are also a reminder of the downsides of owning many pure bred dogs, as well as many other breeds -- pugs being a prime example. It's not just corgis.

I much prefer dogs that are closer to what they evolved from -- wolves. Dogs with a snout, healthy, functional body sizes, fur that actually protects them from the elements, athleticism, etc. etc.. Dogs like german shepherds, border collies, aussies, golden retrievers, labs, etc, are much more intelligent and much more functional.

Last edited:
I really don't understand the corgi love. They're just not pretty/cute animals in my opinion. Sure, the puppies are cute, but you can say that about any breed of puppy. As adults, they just seem like a gross reminder of how humans will destroy an animal's physical aptitude in order to create something unique.

My grandparents have a corgi and it's probably the dumbest dog I've ever seen. Even they talk about how stupid she is, despite the fact that they love her.

Granted, bulldogs are also a reminder of the downsides of owning many pure bred dogs, as well as many other breeds -- pugs being a prime example. It's not just corgis.

I much prefer dogs that are closer to what they evolved from -- wolves. Dogs with a snout, healthy, functional body sizes, fur that actually protects them from the elements, athleticism, etc. etc.. Dogs like german shepherds, border collies, aussies, golden retrievers, labs, etc, are much more intelligent and much more functional.

Never cared for the corgi's either, or most small dogs to be honest. I prefer a dog that you can go run 10 miles with , or that can follow you into the mountains,play in the surf , play tug of war with the kids ECT. What's a corgi good for ? ..... A mile or three stroll around the park and that things done in guessing. My dog has done 20 mile runs with me . He's followed me on 50 mile multi day hikes , ridden in my canoe and swam across rivers. Being 17 lbs with 4 inch legs would preclude a dog from doing most any of that stuff.

Small dogs also tend to be more vocal and even more nippy/unpredictable around strangers in my experience anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

im probably getting a collie soon

Back