Whatever happened to Zuffa Boxing?

Should of made the jump to boxing instead of wrestling imo!
BraveAnchoredCoelacanth-size_restricted.gif

Dana said almost 2 years ago now that Zuffa Boxing would be launched soon, within the year I believe he said at the time which was early/mid 2017. Well...Whatever happened with that?

simple it was never a real thing and dana was just talking hot air again.

maybe they tried to work out something with a out fit like top tank. the idea they digned anthony jouhsa was so dumb to start with.

Majority of pro boxers don’t even get that now.

The majority of fighters in any combat sport don't get shit.

Boxing headliners make far more money than MMA fighters though. Canelo, Fury, Joshua, Triple G, Wilder are all fielding 8 figure deals right now.

Terence Crawford, who's only sold 50,000 PPV buys in his entire career, is getting paid millions of dollars to fight on ESPN.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/13/17971832/boxing-purses-terence-crawford-vs-jose-benavidez-jr

For perspective, this is the same amount of money that the UFC was forced to pay DC as an incentive to headline on PPV on short notice while he was injured.

You named the top 1% of the professional boxer community via multiple promoters. The top 5 in boxing still make more than the top 5 in mma. NFL has been trying to get Mexico for years. UFC, not too long. Combate Americas gets yuuuuge raitings in Mexico. The kids are starting to go that route. If you understand boxing then you understand Mexico's place in the sport.

Golden Boy MMA > Zuffa Boxing by virtue of actually holding an "event".

I really thought it was a terrible time to try this idea when he announced it. In boxing today with PBC on FOX & Showtime, Top Rank & Queensberry with ESPN, Matchroom & Golden Boy with DAZN, and HBO out of the sport hardly any of them working with each other it would be harder then ever to try to cross-promote. Not to mention all the big names except Deontey Wilder are locked into exclusive deals with promoters/networks. Short of getting a star to buy out his contract with Hearn, Arum, Haymon (yes Al is a adviser but...) DLH or Warren how was he suppose to sign established stars, and where are they suppose to fight? Fight Pass <Lmaoo>

Al Haymon is as much as an "advisor" as Tony Soprano was a Waste Management Director. Lol

Al Haymon is as much as an "advisor" as Tony Soprano was a Waste Management Director. Lol
I know bro lol, he maintains the adviser tag so he gets to double dip. It's a hell of a racket he's got going and has had going for years.

I know bro lol, he maintains the adviser tag so he gets to double dip. It's a hell of a racket he's got going and has had going for years.

To think he went from Vernon Forrest, Floyd and Andre Berto to the Empire he's built today is pretty insane.

Obviously hit a goldmine with Floyd.

To think he went from Vernon Forrest, Floyd and Andre Berto to the Empire he's built today is pretty insane.

Obviously hit a goldmine with Floyd.
His first fighter was actually Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero way back in the day.

Roy Jones Jr. will help Dana with Zuffa boxing

Roy Jones Jr vs Amderson Silva is the only card they did worth looking up on youtube.

Dana said almost 2 years ago now that Zuffa Boxing would be launched soon, within the year I believe he said at the time which was early/mid 2017. Well...Whatever happened with that?
its the next best thing

Expect Conor to be given a share in Zuffa boxing as part of his deal to come out of retirement for the UFC.

Back