Anybody remember him?

he was devastating puncher, from Japan I beleive, who fought at 135 around 1998

he lost a close decision to Lorcy, but vanished after that

that guy had the potential to possibly have defeat PBF

Anybody remember him?

he was devastating puncher, from Japan I beleive, who fought at 135 around 1998

he lost a close decision to Lorcy, but vanished after that

that guy had the potential to possibly have defeat PBF

Definately doesn't sound like he's from japan....maybe he fought in japan and that was the reason he appeared so dominant? +lol for the pbf comment.

Nazarov lost to Mendy, and it was a little bit surprising. I read later that he had some issues (which I don't recall), but that's always the story.

Lorcy beat Takanori Hatakeyama. I mostly remember Hata's fights with Choi. And the loss to Sim.

Nazarov lost to Mendy, and it was a little bit surprising. I read later that he had some issues (which I don't recall), but that's always the story.

Lorcy beat Takanori Hatakeyama. I mostly remember Hata's fights with Choi. And the loss to Sim.

Thanks, that's who it was, Mendy

you all need to see a few fights of Nazarov, a reminiscing of Duran, then give your true opinion if he in fact would have had a chance against Floyd, he totally annihilated Gamache way before Gatti did, just sucks to see a fighter quit after one loss which wasnt a very bad one either

Gussie's KO of Levander Johnson was even more brutal.

Russian fighting out of Japan if I remember right. Beat PBF? Not a chance, that KO of Gamache was good, but Joey was good at getting KO'ed in highlight reel fashion.

Yeah, every loss of Gamache's career were destined for highlight reels. His title winning effort against the asian fella was a terrific fight though. Joey was never in a bad one.

Joey vs Old Chavez was also good, Oscar interviewing Chavez after the fight is a pretty awkward moment for Delahoya.

Got more awkward for Chavez when they got into the ring the next time.

Back