Whatever Happened to Johny Hendricks?

Watching what Woodley did to WB, Johnny should have been a nightmare match up for WB. I just think USADA hurt, not that he was on steroids, but I think he took diuretics to help with the weight cut.

Plus he left team takedown right after the second Robbie fight if I remember right and started training on his own. That definitely hurts not having real coaches/trainers.

Plus being a husband and a father of 3 can't help while being a professional savage and running a restaurant.
What Woodley did to Wonderboy? 99% of Woodley's offense was laying on him for a round, and then one huge punch with a bunch of missed follow up shots.

Wonderboy won 2, 3 and 5 against a superior fighter amd you think Johnny would have been a bad match up for Wonderboy?

wsk8k5.jpg

What Woodley did to Wonderboy? 99% of Woodley's offense was laying on him for a round, and then one huge punch with a bunch of missed follow up shots.

Wonderboy won 2, 3 and 5 against a superior fighter amd you think Johnny would have been a bad match up for Wonderboy?

Agree, Hendricks couldn't even utilise one take down against Thompson, Woodley is superior on the feet & striking with his timing, judging distance and range and speed.

Don't think it had anything to do with USADA since I believe his first two fights with Robbie were under USADA.

I feel like after being robbed from GSP & Robbie he just lost his motivation. His weight cuts and camp situation reflects that. He could still be champ, but its unlikely

The Woodley/WB isn't a fight I went to talk about right now. To me it was a perfect example of one fighter trying to kill his opponent and another fighter fighting not to lose.

But byJohnny I meant prime Hendricks. The guy that fought GSP, Robbie, Kampnan, Fitch and Brown. Not this 2016 Hendricks. Prime Hendricks would have been a nightmare for WB. He could have crushed him on the ground and could knock WB's block off standing.

Was looking over Friday's card when I remembered that Johny is actually slated to be in action that night. I remember his two performances against Robbie Lawler being pretty good, and then all of a sudden he shows up to the Stephen Thompson without any type of movement whatsoever, and hasn't looked the same since. Is it the more stringent blood testing? Did that last robbery against Lawler steal Johny's fighting spirit as well? What happened to this guy?
5th round lawyer happened to Jonny. He broke in their 10th round.

He's been in wars, had a hard road to the top and was on the wrong end of some razor thin decisions. A lot of fighters minds and bodies only have 1 championship run in them.

He has also looked completely different post USADA.

The Woodley/WB isn't a fight I went to talk about right now. To me it was a perfect example of one fighter trying to kill his opponent and another fighter fighting not to lose.

But byJohnny I meant prime Hendricks. The guy that fought GSP, Robbie, Kampnan, Fitch and Brown. Not this 2016 Hendricks. Prime Hendricks would have been a nightmare for WB. He could have crushed him on the ground and could knock WB's block off standing.

If Wonderboy/Hendricks had even been a little bit competitive, then I might understand where you're coming from, but it wasn't so...

I see no reason why Wonderboy wouldn't have done the same thing to any version of Hendricks you throw at him.

If Wonderboy/Hendricks had even been a little bit competitive, then I might understand where you're coming from, but it wasn't so...

I see no reason why Wonderboy wouldn't have done the same thing to any version of Hendricks you throw at him.
You know what? Gotta agree with you

For the millionth time guys. The GSP fight was not a robbery. You might have the opinion that he won but it was a very close fight. 50/50 at best. Pls stop saying robbery.

He probably has lots of stress in his life. For one, his restaurant business failed. As someone who is part of a restaurant business means that, you deal with the stress, in Johnny's case, he went out of business which meant losing shit tons of money. This kind of loss kills a mans motivation, I am sure he put tons of winning fight purses in to his restaurant only for it to fail. That's like making progress in life only to go back to where you started...

USADA might be another factor and a valid one but I still think that the failure of restaurant business has created tons of stress in his life.

It's sad and scary to be honest. I don't want to play nutthugger but take a list of the last 10 fighters GSP manhandled and look where they're at today...

Back