What!!!

He absolutely meant to throw that elbow. Don't know if it's a strike he's practiced but he's the kind of guy that would try to hit you with an ass cheek if he thought it might land lol

I was rooting for Zombie so kinda disappointed since he won the last 14:59 imo but man that was an exciting fight

He meant to throw it, being it was a deliberate motion, but that's the absolute definition of a fluke.

Okay, a fluke elbow. That better? Let's see the replay again.

He threw the strike. It landed.

KZ charged in with seconds to go. Yair ducked under and threw an awkward elbow.

I won’t call it a fluke. It was unconventional and unexpected. And probably something we’ll never see repeated. But he threw up the elbow intending to land it.

Absolute insanity. Zombie should've stopped and waved to the crowd one last time instead of engaging at the end.

Who needs McG when there are fights like this. In my opinion, beats UFC 229 in terms of entertainment. Amazing!

How does the ref make a judgement call that a fighter is unconscious in literally 1 second though?? KZ was still falling as the horn sounded.

I guess that rule must differ from boxing.

Yeah he was but the elbow landed before the bell and KZ was out cold and could not answer the bell therefore the fight was over. That’s how it seemed.

Yeah he was but the elbow landed before the bell and KZ was out cold and could not answer the bell therefore the fight was over. That’s how it seemed.

I suppose. But do you need to answer the bell after the fight is over?

LOL... What a weird ass situation. Colossal fuck-up by the Zombie.

Those Koreans don't fuck around. Doo Ho Choi and Korean Zombie.... Straight murders and always great fights! Hats off to Yair though! Very impressive!

Choi-KO1.gif

coreanzombieko_medium.gif

Nah fuck that UFC 229 was amazing you could literally feel the tension in the air as Conor and Khabib were entering the Octagon. You don't get that many fights like that to feel what the fighters are going through like that.

He meant to throw it, being it was a deliberate motion, but that's the absolute definition of a fluke.
I agree, they were sprinting to the finish line and stumbling and throwing and they just wound up in that position. Still, it takes good awareness to realize the possibility was there and then to throw it that solidly.

that elbow trumps anderon's fryklund shot as craziest elbow finish ever.

How does the ref make a judgement call that a fighter is unconscious in literally 1 second though?? KZ was still falling as the horn sounded.

I guess that rule must differ from boxing.

Lyoto Machida had a finish like that too, only it was at 5:00 in the third round (of a three round fight). I don't think there's any "saved by the bell" rule in MMA, particularly if you're sack-of-potatoes unconscious from a blow that landed before time expired.

I suppose. But do you need to answer the bell after the fight is over?

LOL... What a weird ass situation. Colossal fuck-up by the Zombie.

Yeah I believe so, I’m not sure on the exact rule in the rule book but my guess is because the elbow landed before the bell KZ had to “answer” it and make it to the scorecards but he was out cold lol

I agree, they were sprinting to the finish line and stumbling and throwing and they just wound up in that position. Still, it takes good awareness to realize the possibility was there and then to throw it that solidly.

I wonder if I watch the fight again, will I see him throwing it up every time he was in that position, and no one notices because no one is dumb enough to think it would work.

I wonder if I watch the fight again, will I see him throwing it up every time he was in that position, and no one notices because no one is dumb enough to think it would work.
?

it did work

I feel sick, Korean being the guy he is kept playing into that bullshit hugging which most likely cost him the fight. In addition fuck Yair for targeting dudes freshly reconstructed knee, you could even hear Yairs coaches tell “take out his knee!”from the corner! I feel for Zombie.

Back