What

So R3 can easily beat some male UFC bantamweights. Or even larger males who aren't pro fighters. But can't beat a woman who is a little bigger than her and used to juice. Due to the size and strength discrepancy. Good to know.

So you have no problem with Aldo juicing to fight Conor, because Conor says he will win either way right?

I doubt the UFC likes the fact that much of the MMA community considers Cyborg the best female fighter.

I imagine if they were confident in a Ronda win they would make the fight happen at all costs to put an end to that doubt.

The fact that they're were willing to sign Carano who struggled to make 145 and hasn't fought in 5 years, and give her a shot at Rousey, makes me think they dont care about all that shit they say they care about. They wanna sell big fights, but ones Ronda is almost guaranteed to win.

Cyborg destroys her imo, and the UFC fears this too, that's why we will probably never see the fight.

What do you find odd about the UFC telling Carano she can fight if she can make 135?

I doubt the UFC likes the fact that much of the MMA community considers Cyborg the best female fighter.

I imagine if they were confident in a Ronda win they would make the fight happen at all costs to put an end to that doubt.

The fact that they're were willing to sign Carano who struggled to make 145 and hasn't fought in 5 years, and give her a shot at Rousey, makes me think they dont care about all that shit they say they care about. They wanna sell big fights, but ones Ronda is almost guaranteed to win.

Cyborg destroys her imo, and the UFC fears this too, that's why we will probably never see the fight.

You keep telling yourself that.

"MMA community" =/= handful of Ronda haters

Rhonda hiding since 2011 should tell you something :redface:

Cyborg is just too strong. She would out muscle and pummel Rhonda to oblivion. That is why Dana and Rhonda are making sure that fight never happens. Rhonda is a cash cow that must be protected.

Cyborg is just too strong. She would out muscle and pummel Rhonda to oblivion. That is why Dana and Rhonda are making sure that fight never happens. Rhonda is a cash cow that must be protected.

Is that why it took Cyborg 4 rounds to beat Coenen? Because she is just too strong?

Why isn't Bob Sapp the HW champ, he is stronger than everyone in UFC

What do you find odd about the UFC telling Carano she can fight if she can make 135?

You dont find it odd that they are willing to give an inactive fighter who hasn't fought in 5 years and struggled to make 145 when she was active, an immediate title shot with Ronda... while at the same time saying an active dominant fighter who also happened to ragdoll the inactive fighter we mentioned, is not allowed anywhere near Ronda and needs to prove she can make 135 a few times against lesser fighters?

I find that very odd.

You dont find it odd that they are willing to give an inactive fighter who hasn't fought in 5 years and struggled to make 145 when she was active, an immediate title shot with Ronda... while at the same time saying an active dominant fighter who also happened to ragdoll the inactive fighter we mentioned, is not allowed anywhere near Ronda and needs to prove she can make 135 a few times against lesser fighters?

I find that very odd.

They were willing to do the exact same thing for Cyborg.. the conditions initially were the same for both: make 135 and you can have the fight. Cyborg flipped flopped around making them question about how serious she was about making 135, so they didn't want to invest a shit tonne of money into the promoting the fight only to have her show up 15lbs over the weight and cancel the fight.

Something must be special rousey dropped a weight class to avoid fighting her

They were willing to do the exact same thing for Cyborg.. the conditions initially were the same for both: make 135 and you can have the fight. Cyborg flipped flopped around making them question about how serious she was about making 135, so they didn't want to invest a shit tonne of money into the promoting the fight only to have her show up 15lbs over the weight and cancel the fight.

The weigh ins happen the night before the fight, so if the fight is signed it's on, and if the fighter misses weight they lose a part of their purse but they still fight. They wanted to make Cyborg/Carano, and weight was not an issue for them because they knew Ronda most likely takes her easily regardless of weight, and the marketability of Ronda fighting the pretty all American fighter turned actress was money in the bank for them.

In Cyborg they have an actual threat who is not all that pretty and without the fluent English will never be as easily sold to the American audience, it's pretty obvious.

The question is would ronda last 4 mins?

Based on what? Most of Cyborg`s opponents have lasted more than 4 mins despite the fact they are complete cans compared to Ronda. So, is there any credible argument for Ronda not lasting 4 mins against her?

The weigh ins happen the night before the fight, so if the fight is signed it's on, and if the fighter misses weight they lose a part of their purse but they still fight. They wanted to make Cyborg/Carano, and weight was not an issue for them because they knew Ronda most likely takes her easily regardless of weight, and the marketability of Ronda fighting the pretty all American fighter turned actress was money in the bank for them.

In Cyborg they have an actual threat who is not all that pretty and without the fluent English will never be as easily sold to the American audience, it's pretty obvious.

Ok, now look at it this way:

-Fight is signed for a title at 135
-Cyborg misses weight
-Fight no longer for the title
-Cyborg by some miracle wins

The person who dethroned their cash cow is not the champion and not in ufc - fucking stupid business move.

And you can't say "Oh but if they are so confident, why not just let them fight", thats just stupid. Its like saying, "lets put GSP against CM Punk and if CM Punk wins we will give away the rights to the company" The UFC gains absolutely nothing out of this

Theres been lots of fighters Cyroid hasnt knocked out.

Based on what? Most of Cyborg`s opponents have lasted more than 4 mins despite the fact they are complete cans compared to Ronda. So, is there any credible argument for Ronda not lasting 4 mins against her?

Good question

lol at lacking skill. Cyrborg is the only girl who could/would humiliate rondA, and i fuckn love ronda, but cyrbog would fuk her shit up str8 up

Cyborg would be Ronda's biggest test by far, but people who say Cyborg would humiliate her and mess her up easy etc seem like they've never actually seen a Cyborg fight before.

Even Cyborg's last opponent, which was basically a sacrificial lamb, was able to clinch with Cyborg with incredible ease. How is it you people can't connect the dots here?

Yes, Ronda gets hit, but so do these other women that clinch with Cyborg and then proceed to do nothing with it because they don't have Rousey's skillset.

How can anyone watch that and conclude anything other than Rousey will eat her alive?

Last edited:
I just want to see Ronda face someone that can beat her. I don't care if it is Cyborg or not at this point.

Too many fans are happy to see Ronda fight sub top ten fighters like Bethe and are willing to pay for it as well.

The UFC have made numerous fights that have been questionable over the years, but this one tonight with Ronda and Bethe is the worst in my opinion. Bethe has a puncher's change only, and it will have to be the best timed strike ever because she doesn't hit hard.

I don't understand why people are so happy about Ronda being the Champ right now. With Miesha basically set to fight her a third time there is no one else in the wings ready to challenge her. All we will get are one sided fights with a predictable outcome. Might as well watch arm bar GIFs all day if that is what excites you. For this reason alone I would welcome a fight with Cyborg.

I just want to see Ronda face someone that can beat her. I don't care if it is Cyborg or not at this point.

Too many fans are happy to see Ronda fight sub top ten fighters like Bethe and are willing to pay for it as well.

The UFC have made numerous fights that have been questionable over the years, but this one tonight with Ronda and Bethe is the worst in my opinion. Bethe has a puncher's change only, and it will have to be the best timed strike ever because she doesn't hit hard.

I don't understand why people are so happy about Ronda being the Champ right now. With Miesha basically set to fight her a third time there is no one else in the wings ready to challenge her. All we will get are one sided fights with a predictable outcome. Might as well watch arm bar GIFs all day if that is what excites you. For this reason alone I would welcome a fight with Cyborg.

Just curious, who would you have had Ronda fight if not Bethe? The problem is it's really, really hard to do rematches with Ronda because she finishes her opponents so quickly and decisively, that you have to give fighters some time to build up a record to sell the fight again. The Miesha fight is only on the horizon because 1. Miesha has at least proven to be the most difficult opponent for Rousey and 2. She's beaten every top fighter put in front of her since then.

I think the McMann rematch is the fight to make, honestly, but that was shut down when she lost to Tate. Who else was Rousey going to fight? At least Bethe is undefeated, for whatever that's worth.

1 Miesha Tate
2 Cat Zingano
3 Alexis Davis
4 Sara McMann
5 Bethe Correia
6 Jessica Eye
7 Sarah Kaufman
8 Amanda Nunes
9 Holly Holm
10 Liz Carmouche
11 Julianna Pena
12 Marion Reneau
13 Jessica Andrade
14 Germaine de Randamie
15 Lauren Murphy

From what I can tell, those are the only fights that made any sense. Holm sort of makes sense but she really needed/needs more time -- that's not a fight you want to blow until Holm has an opportunity to get better. Eye was on a one-fight win streak, including just losing to Davis who got trounced by Rousey. Nunes doesn't really belong in the conversation on merit but I think she's an interesting matchup. Bethe was really the only fight to make.

Maybe Pena could have been in the conversation if she was active.

Back