What you having for dinner?

giphy.gif

Dat intermittent fasting life

I'll probably throw back a few hot dogs from 7-11 when I'm off work, then I'll nuke some hot pockets later when I'm good and drunk.

I had like a mince meat pie with sweet potato on top last night, having leftovers for lunch as well.

I’m making pulled chicken in a crockpot, with bbq corn on the cob and onion rings.

I’m making pulled chicken in a crockpot, with bbq corn on the cob and onion rings.

<mma4>

Not sure if you’re a black dude or hillbilly white guy but either I want to stop over for dinner.

On a side note I’m not having this tonight but last weekend I perfected my Sunday gravy recipe. I’m telling you legit tastes like a old sweaty Italian grandma made it. I’ll leave the recipe here so you guys can try it out.

I will say that I didn’t have a Dutch oven big enough for everything so I did it in a big pot on the stove and after three hours I put the meat in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes to finish. Mostly because I had it at a low simmer the whole time. If you have a big Dutch oven the oven at 350 for around 3 hours would probably be enough.

Ingredients
Olive oil
1 large carrot grated fine
1 medium onion grated fine
4 cloves of garlic minced
Small can of tomato paste
Jar of Passata
Can of San marzano whole tomatoes
Can of crushed tomatoes
2 cups beef stock
2 cups red wine
Bundle of fresh parsley, rosemary and thyme in cheesecloth
Beef short rib
Beef oxtail
Beef shank
Or whatever beef you want
Salt, pepper, chili flakes and about a teaspoon of sugar to taste

Sear all the beef until brown in olive oil.

Over medium heat put in the olive oil and garlic, onion, carrot base

Cook for a couple minutes then add the tomato paste. Cook until it starts to turn brown then add the beef stock. Cook another couple mins and add the red wine. Reduce by about half and add the tomato products.

Mix a little bit then add the beef back in and bring to a simmer. Cook for around three hours at a simmer until the beef is tender.

After all that just slice up the beef and serve it on the side. Cook rigatoni and add it to the sauce.

Attachments

• AC10BFEB-19CE-4731-A3C8-D91B99A0FEE6.jpeg
    AC10BFEB-19CE-4731-A3C8-D91B99A0FEE6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
<mma4>

Not sure if you’re a black dude or hillbilly white guy but either I want to stop over for dinner.

On a side note I’m not having this tonight but last weekend I perfected my Sunday gravy recipe. I’m telling you legit tastes like a old sweaty Italian grandma made it. I’ll leave the recipe here so you guys can try it out.

I will say that I didn’t have a Dutch oven big enough for everything so I did it in a big pot on the stove and after three hours I put the meat in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes to finish. Mostly because I had it at a low simmer the whole time. If you have a big Dutch oven the oven at 350 for around 3 hours would probably be enough.

Ingredients
Olive oil
1 large carrot grated fine
1 medium onion grated fine
4 cloves of garlic minced
Small can of tomato paste
Jar of Passata
Can of San marzano whole tomatoes
Can of crushed tomatoes
2 cups beef stock
2 cups red wine
Bundle of fresh parsley, rosemary and thyme in cheesecloth
Beef short rib
Beef oxtail
Beef shank
Or whatever beef you want
Salt, pepper, chili flakes and about a teaspoon of sugar to taste

Sear all the beef until brown in olive oil.

Over medium heat put in the olive oil and garlic, onion, carrot base

Cook for a couple minutes then add the tomato paste. Cook until it starts to turn brown then add the beef stock. Cook another couple mins and add the red wine. Reduce by about half and add the tomato products.

Mix a little bit then add the beef back in and bring to a simmer.

After all that just slice up the beef and serve it on the side. Cook rigatoni and add it to the sauce.
Nice! No I’m a regular white dude that watches cooking shows and felt like bbq. Last night I made Chicken Marsala.

Nice! No I’m a regular white dude that watches cooking shows and felt like bbq. Last night I made Chicken Marsala.

Didn’t we have a cooking thread? We need to get that shit going again.

I made Chicken Pot Pie.

GqR1li3.jpg

8xs8pE1.jpg

Last edited:
People that eat eggs for diner piss me off

No offense but that looks revolting, tonight I'll just be having grilled salmon and a side of greens. I put little to no effort into cooking but it would still look more palatable than that.

Is that the before or after picture?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back