What you cooking/eating tonight? Sherdog Needs A Food Truck

Tonight will be my world famous Onion and Mustard casserole. Its simplicity is its genius.

you ever watched the movie Chef?
It's got one of my favorite closed captioning flubs.

front.jpg

I now refer to testicles as werewolves. The Netflix show is not bad; if you haven't seen it's a cooking show, not fictional, and heavily features Favreau's inspiration and teacher.

No Knead Bread is is a bowl and rising right now. Not sure about dinner yet. Probs burgers or something.
I never tried making proper bread with kneading and proving etc, but I have a recipe for a Stilton, walnut and apple loaf I need to try soon

Tonight will be my world famous Onion and Mustard casserole. Its simplicity is its genius.

It's got one of my favorite closed captioning flubs.

front.jpg

I now refer to testicles as werewolves. The Netflix show is not bad; if you haven't seen it's a cooking show, not fictional, and heavily features Favreau's inspiration and teacher.
Onion and mustard casserole? Tell me more, what type of mustard, what meat and veg etc

Holy shit I didn't know that show existed, is it just a cooking show or travelling around? Guest chefs or anything?

Onion and mustard casserole? Tell me more, what type of mustard, what meat and veg etc

Holy shit I didn't know that show existed, is it just a cooking show or travelling around? Guest chefs or anything?
Anything goes.

It would seem a large portion of the show is filmed at Skywalker Ranch, and there are a fair amount of non-chef foodies -- Sam Raimi, who comes from a family where everyone's super hospitable; the MCU boys; Filoni since it's Skywalker Ranch; etc. etc. They do travel as well because, as you saw in the movie, Roy and Jon are all about sourcing regional food and creating a menu from what they find. In the early episodes that squinty dude from TX BBQ is all over the show. Chefs from other Netflix shows make an appearance for dat cross-pollination.

Celebrity chefs look like sweaty, tattooed babies.

Last edited:
@Threetrees @chill doggie @tonysmasseuse @-Magua- @Dober4

any of you guys cook with turmeric root much?

I use ground turmeric a lot but never messed with the root, wondering how much it might affect the taste of foods if at all

I'm doing a broth right now, red onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric root, chillies, cloves, green cardamom pods, cinamon bark, lemon grass, lemon zest, shiitake, corriander & mint.

Gonna let it simmer for a while and then tonight might cook up some garlic chilli prawns & more shiitake to add to it, maybe some spinach noodles. Or I might just keep it vegan and go spinach noodles & brocoli

No but I did see it at the store and was interested. Let me know how it is, turmeric is really good for you.

I'm making chicken Alfredo, but instead of using pasta I'm making ravioli stuffed with mushrooms and Parmesan cheese

No Knead bread it finished. Cooking on the rack. Looks legit!!

I wish I learned or cared how to post personal pics.

Shits great. I’m pretty much an expert bake, guys.

I made Betty Crocker cookie mix cookies and came out ok, but I thought I was screwed because they were really stuck to the regular pan. Luckily my nylon spatula was able to chisel them free. Nonstick pan had no issues... but I know nonstick frying pan says not to use higher than medium heat due to the nonstick coating becoming toxic and contaminating the food.

Going for authentic Pho made by a white man tomorrow gentleman.

Good thing about Pho is after you buy all the spices to stock your pantry making it again is very cheap. Just have to buy the meat and a few herbs/vegetables.

@HughPhug
Almost bought turmeric root to put in it but it was 9 bucks for a container of it, they didn’t sell it by the root like ginger.

Going for authentic Pho made by a white man tomorrow gentleman.

Good thing about Pho is after you buy all the spices to stock your pantry making it again is very cheap. Just have to buy the meat and a few herbs/vegetables.

@HughPhug
Almost bought turmeric root to put in it but it was 9 bucks for a container of it, they didn’t sell it by the root like ginger.
Pho is awesome man, and once you have the rough idea you can just do your own thing as long as you have the basics.
It's my go to these days when wifey is away

@Threetrees was right about turmeric root, its much less noticeable in root form than when ground, stai s the fuck out of your hands but virtually unrecognisable for taste. I'll be using it constantly now, also gonna try and get some growing in my garden this year.

I think I paid £1 for a 100g packet, didn't sound like much but its a decent amount

settled on lasagna for tomorrow
if it looks mildly photogenic I will post pictures

settled on lasagna for tomorrow
if it looks mildly photogenic I will post pictures
I love a lasagne, but too much cheese and milk to eat have too often for me but my wife would eat it every week

You going for beef? Any adaptations?
I do my cheese sauce without milk, use veg stock instead. Add garlic to the butter as its melting before making the roux

I went for straight forward chicken and sweet potato curry tonight, used the left over broth from last nights meal for the stock

food.JPG

Back