What you cooking/eating tonight? Sherdog Needs A Food Truck

THat looks lovely man, what you got cooking tonight?

Think we need to start a new thread for tonight, I'm gonna do a West African style peanut chicken curry, so I'll up some photos as I'm going.

@Threetrees & @chill doggie what you gonna cook tonight? Be prepared to post up later if you're getting down

Going to México for a sec gonna be lucky to get back in time for the fights!

Last edited:
Hot sauce is the great leveler

Yup. I'm trying to be better with my good budget and leftovers and damn right do I use hot sauce to get through some
Gonna double smoke some wings before and after cooking tonight with my Breville hand smoker. This thing is the awesome.
61ssBiFgm1L._AC_SX522_.jpg

After initial smoking I'm gonna season the wings with a combo of Lawry's season salt and Franks Red hot Powder. I know, Franks red hot powder? Sounds weird. It's fucking awesome. It's not used for heat but the flavour it infuses is actually really good.
2150000052.png

franks_redhot_original_seasoning_800.jpg

I'm gonna air fry the wings then after cooking they go in for another quick smoking with the hand smoker. I'll separate the wings into 2 sauces. Some sort of a hickory BBQ sauce for my wife and kid and for me I'll be taking a small batch Caribbean hot sauce my friend makes and giving it the buffalo treatment. I'll cook it up with some butter and garlic and toss my wings in it.

I have yet to get the Frank's red hot seasoning. Where I live we got these chips called red hot riplets that got a season too, need to try em both. Have to quit the chips though as they burned on the way out but the flavor is dope.

Yup. I'm trying to be better with my good budget and leftovers and damn right do I use hot sauce to get through some

I have yet to get the Frank's red hot seasoning. Where I live we got these chips called red hot riplets that got a season too, need to try em both. Have to quit the chips though as they burned on the way out but the flavor is dope.
For a simple but tasty franks recipe take chicken breast and cut into strips. Coat in a mixture of flour and franks seasoning, then egg, then back into the flour mixture. Just pan fry these bad boys in margarine or butter until golden and crispy. Super easy and juicy tender chicken tenders.

For a simple but tasty franks recipe take chicken breast and cut into strips. Coat in a mixture of flour and franks seasoning, then egg, then back into the flour mixture. Just pan fry these bad boys in margarine or butter until golden and crispy. Super easy and juicy tender chicken tenders.

Sounds good man. I'll give it a go

What you guys and gals cooking tonight? Drinking?

I just got done with sausage roly poly, one of the few things my dear old daddy ever did good was pass this recipe down to me.
This recipe is old school, 50's style, slightly adjusted to not kill people any more

Dice one onion and 4 bacon rashers.
Saute in pan with some beer or whatever

mix together 100g seut pastry with 200g self raising flour.
season and add a little turmeric & 'erbs
add tablespoons of water until it comes together as a dough, knead, roll out to a rectangle shape
UT7kCoA.jpg

take the meat from 8 sausages, I don't know what I used, but they were sausages.
spread over the pastry.
19CdKV0.jpg

sprinkle the onions and bacon and extra 'erbs
n84RgW7.jpg

roll up long ways like a swiss roll or a carpet or a funky cigarette
XBlBgXI.jpg

AT THIS POINT YOU HAVE TO HOPE YOU HAVE A WIFE THAT DIDN'T JUST SMASH YOUR PERFECTLY SIZED DEEP CASSEROLE DISH
If you do have one those, cut it in half and stick it in two seperate casserole dishes
PaErNPj.jpg

Cover the pie thing 3/4 with gravy of some description
2ImoZ5b.jpg

stick it in an over for 1hr at 170c fan oven, guess 180c regular, fuck you if you only work in F

When it comes out it will be real crispy on top and still soft and gooey underneath
DoeQdvJ.jpg

5QU3Ctu.jpg
I gained 12lbs reading that
But thanks

I’m makin’
Steak and chicken quesadillas tonight

and I’m pretty excited about it

Just me lol, it was only 3 steaks.
My chihuahua got the bones and half a handful of meat.
Got too lazy to handle an avocado, just some lime, salt and hot sauce for these.
View attachment 717095

El Yucateco is fucking great hot sauce. The green stuff, too. I had about half of a bottle with some pizza the other day and nearly shit out my intestines.

El Yucateco is fucking great hot sauce. The green stuff, too. I had about half of a bottle with some pizza the other day and nearly shit out my intestines.
I can eat real chillie heat so hot, but hot sauce gives me mad hic ups and nasty shits

Give me a raw scotch bonnet chillies on my food and I can wolf that shit down no problem

I can eat real chillie heat so hot, but hot sauce gives me mad hic ups and nasty shits

Give me a raw scotch bonnet chillies on my food and I can wolf that shit down no problem

That seems odd to me. Raw scotch bonnets would kill me. I ate a whole habanero when I was younger and it led it about 5 hours of true hell.

That seems odd to me. Raw scotch bonnets would kill me. I ate a whole habanero when I was younger and it led it about 5 hours of true hell.
yeah maybe it's the chewing of the chilli that makes it easier, I don't know. I eat a wilted greens salad every day for lunch and I put a couple red chillies on it, and while it burns, I can eat it no problem.
If I used hot sauce of the same heat, it murks me! I get the loudest most painful hic ups ever

I put raw chillies on damn near everything

I do have some horror stories about the morning after scotch bonnet meals mind you, and I have toned it down to more regular chillies just so I don't have too many drop trou & do your thing right there incidents

Luckily I walk my dogs early every morning so when it happens I'm in the sticks at least

Tonight was a West African style peanut chicken curry

Taste nice but it wasn't really for me.
I love curry, Indian specifically, and I like to cook curries long and slow, using natural ingredients as thickening agents (tomatoes/onions).
This recipe gets you to cook toss the chicken in flour first then brown, which means you have quite a lot of flour in the recipe.
I have a lot of stomach issues so I tend to stay away from flour where I can, and this had a lot. Plus this had a decent amount of peanut butter in it, so it really didn't need so much flour as a whole nut peanut butter is a great thickening agent in itself.

First off, music was Paul Desmond - Rude Old Man - can't cook without music. Beer was Hob Goblin Gold
Rude-Old-Man-English-2013-500x500.jpg

It was good, but just didn't suit my stomach

Toss chicken in flour and spices - bit of an odd recipe, it called for the flour to be mixed with 'yellow curry powder'. No mention of what kind of flavour, I think it was more for colour. Bit odd, I'd personally use turmeric for colour, so I did. Added garam masala, salt, pepper and just a little rogan josh curry powder.
Tossed that shit
hG5cIyy.jpg

Next up brwon chicken in batches til crunchy, couple minutes each side
JQWoiAy.jpg

then you chuck chillies/garlic/ginger in the pan with a little stock to get a roux going.
I was surprised at the lack of onion, so I diced one, also would have used beer at this stage instead of stock
PS4l6Yn.jpg

jER7Mb2.jpg

Aaaaaand that's where my phone died, so no more photos

Anyway, mix that shit, add stock, get it bubbling, chuck chicken back in for 25 minutes

Add corriander/mint and lime juice before serving

Now it did taste nice, everyone enjoyed it and there is a load left after feeding 4, but the flour killed me, my stomach is expanding as we speak.

Next time I will go back to winging it and using zero flour, more specific spices and lemon zest instead of lime juice if needed

fucking stuffed, fat cunt, peace

Chicken Philly w jalapeno mushroom & provolone last night

I found an easy looking recipe for home made carbonara tonight, I got everything I need except for the pecorino so I'm going to give it a shot

Holy fuck, was that last night or tonight?

Sounds awesome, big question though, how did you did your biscuit base on the cheesecake?
This was tonight. Base is a crushed sweet biscuit called Milk Arrowroots and butter.

This was tonight. Base is a crushed sweet biscuit called Milk Arrowroots and butter.
Its a no cook cheesecake, just in the fridge and serve. Delicious.

It’s Dungeness crab season, so naturally tonight I’ll be eating rice and boiled water again.

I ate a several years old Pop Tart. Tasted ok. Would have been better heated up. Later felt kinda weird and drowsy. It was brown sugar. I have two more packs from that box.

A couple cans of
IMG_2529.JPG

Then some vegetable curry
vegetable-curry-with-coconut-milk-and-pineapple-in-a-bowl.jpg

Then to top it off a nice glass of
2014120514_ardbeg_10_year_old_original.png

I’ll probably end up playing video games and browsing the dog with the fights on in the background before the Jones fight though there isn’t a lot of fights to get excited for on this card

The black one is my favorite. It's a smoked hot sauce.

Back