What you cooking/eating tonight? Sherdog Needs A Food Truck

I am making a dish with sausage also.

Hawaiian bread stuffing with chives. Then I mix it with sausage, onions, and garlic I cook in malt vinegar.

Going to have some bourbon, but not sure if I feel like drinking tonight. I am sure once the boxing card starts later I will want to

Taking the wife out for dinner, so probably steak for myself and the usual chicken for her.

I love that hot-sauce. It destroys my soul though.

How much sodium does that thing have? Lol... just checked... 2500mg... hot damn that’s a lot.
All of them are terrible for you

Bumping just to post this dinner I cooked for me and a friend

She got these mushrooms at some Asian market
923E859A-C002-432D-877F-C6240C47356D.jpeg

I chopped them up along with some veggies she had laying around

Mixed a diced bell pepper with halved cherry tomatoes, sprinkled parsley flakes and chopped cilantro, added half a diced serrano pepper.
A9C62BCA-DA55-4A48-8B04-BB56909EFB37.jpeg

Cooked purple onions about this much:
C73D05B2-EA3E-4120-BC12-8C7BB2C29C19.jpeg

Before I added king oyster mushrooms and continued cooking until I got a little bit of char on them.
4FFAD68A-BFB7-4997-8833-02EE9D27F4EF.jpeg

I mashed the pepper/cherry tomato stuff with a spatula handle to get the mixture somewhat saucy and introduced it to the pan
6C5A370D-74D9-4B09-85F5-6AF2A2EE4997.jpeg

shortly thereafter I added enoki mushrooms
01C785CA-A235-4AF9-A86E-196DDD18DA29.jpeg

Stirred occasionally up until about this point
C1984ED9-8B2A-4C08-8803-8EF9FA4B52ED.jpeg

the added fresh cilantro once everything was done cooking
90C072C0-18A9-4C40-968C-370031D672D0.jpeg

This crazy super spicy salad with mango and the quinoa was prepared by my friend.
934D898E-EEE5-4452-96D2-C50B038EC796.jpeg

What you guys and gals cooking tonight? Drinking?

I just got done with sausage roly poly, one of the few things my dear old daddy ever did good was pass this recipe down to me.
This recipe is old school, 50's style, slightly adjusted to not kill people any more

Dice one onion and 4 bacon rashers.
Saute in pan with some beer or whatever

mix together 100g seut pastry with 200g self raising flour.
season and add a little turmeric & 'erbs
add tablespoons of water until it comes together as a dough, knead, roll out to a rectangle shape
UT7kCoA.jpg

take the meat from 8 sausages, I don't know what I used, but they were sausages.
spread over the pastry.
19CdKV0.jpg

sprinkle the onions and bacon and extra 'erbs
n84RgW7.jpg

roll up long ways like a swiss roll or a carpet or a funky cigarette
XBlBgXI.jpg

AT THIS POINT YOU HAVE TO HOPE YOU HAVE A WIFE THAT DIDN'T JUST SMASH YOUR PERFECTLY SIZED DEEP CASSEROLE DISH
If you do have one those, cut it in half and stick it in two seperate casserole dishes
PaErNPj.jpg

Cover the pie thing 3/4 with gravy of some description
2ImoZ5b.jpg

stick it in an over for 1hr at 170c fan oven, guess 180c regular, fuck you if you only work in F

When it comes out it will be real crispy on top and still soft and gooey underneath
DoeQdvJ.jpg

5QU3Ctu.jpg
Should make this thread a running thing

I made carnitas for tacos yesterday
No photos though

2 ish pounds Pork shoulder and 1 pork belly, braised in 1:1 of wheat beer and chicken stock for about three hours

Reduced after three hours, then fried in batches in the resulting fat

Was delicious

Just me lol, it was only 3 steaks.
My chihuahua got the bones and half a handful of meat.
Got too lazy to handle an avocado, just some lime, salt and hot sauce for these.
View attachment 717095

Damn they look so good!

I love that hot-sauce. It destroys my soul though.

Hot sauce destroys my arse, I always have to use raw chillies on my food rather than hot sauce.
Chilles I can eat at any heat and just need to make sure I don't leave the house with using the toilet first, hot sauce fucks up my stomach and gives me real bad hic cups

I am making a dish with sausage also.

Hawaiian bread stuffing with chives. Then I mix it with sausage, onions, and garlic I cook in malt vinegar.

Going to have some bourbon, but not sure if I feel like drinking tonight. I am sure once the boxing card starts later I will want to

That sounds fucking amazing, need to get some photos next time you do it man

Bumping just to post this dinner I cooked for me and a friend

She got these mushrooms at some Asian market
View attachment 717917

I chopped them up along with some veggies she had laying around

Mixed a diced bell pepper with halved cherry tomatoes, sprinkled parsley flakes and chopped cilantro, added half a diced serrano pepper.
View attachment 717937

Cooked purple onions about this much:
View attachment 717921

Before I added king oyster mushrooms and continued cooking until I got a little bit of char on them.
View attachment 717923

I mashed the pepper/cherry tomato stuff with a spatula handle to get the mixture somewhat saucy and introduced it to the pan
View attachment 717927

shortly thereafter I added enoki mushrooms
View attachment 717929

Stirred occasionally up until about this point
View attachment 717931

the added fresh cilantro once everything was done cooking
View attachment 717933

This crazy super spicy salad with mango and the quinoa was prepared by my friend.
View attachment 717935

Dude I ate lunch just an hour ago but that has got me salivating, that looks so damn good

Should make this thread a running thing

I made carnitas for tacos yesterday
No photos though

2 ish pounds Pork shoulder and 1 pork belly, braised in 1:1 of wheat beer and chicken stock for about three hours

Reduced after three hours, then fried in batches in the resulting fat

Was delicious

Jesus yours sounds insane also, my stomach is eating itself right now, definitely need photos next time.

We got some damn good cooks up in here, definitely need to post up each time we make that extra effort with something

I just had a salad of wilted cavolo nero (left to go cold in place of lettuce) with a little chicken I slow cooked yesterday, some grains I cooked and spiced/flavored, cherry tomatoes, pak choi, avocado and a couple green chillies.
I eat salad every day for lunch but in winter the choice of fresh lettuce is slim, mostly none, so I wilt kale or other greens in a steamer for a couple minutes and use that instead.
It's way nice and has more flavour and texture

Didn’t get home until a lil before 9 pm.
No cooking just ate some Chinese at the Mall across from Condo.
Sweet & Sour Pork and Beef Strips.
Hit the spot.
8-BD5-D32-F-1-B42-4-FDB-BAB4-42-CB13-B8240-D.jpg

C55-BD25-C-9898-487-C-BEAB-C48-E1-DB21-AB5.jpg

Didn’t get home until a lil before 9 pm.
No cooking just ate some Chinese at the Mall across from Condo.
Sweet & Sour Pork and Beef Strips.
Hit the spot.
8-BD5-D32-F-1-B42-4-FDB-BAB4-42-CB13-B8240-D.jpg

C55-BD25-C-9898-487-C-BEAB-C48-E1-DB21-AB5.jpg
You guys are killing me, I'm so fucking hungry

3 hours til I get to eat and it's all about salmon tonight, probably just poach it in a little lemon juice with peppercorns

You guys are killing me, I'm so fucking hungry

3 hours til I get to eat and it's all about salmon tonight, probably just poach it in a little lemon juice with peppercorns
That's funny
Just headed to the grocery store on my lunch break

Salmon tonight as well
Pan seared over rice with some avocado and cucumber and what not

Maybe some other carb since I'm working out in the morning

Short ribs, with chips (which I believe you in the US would refer to as “French fries”). Cooked the ribs for 8 hours at 100C, now back in with some sauce at 200C to glaze. Can’t be arsed to run the smoker this time of year, but they ought to be okay.

I had KFC for lunch so, probably McDonalds.

keeping the ole diet balanced.

had a seafood dinner at the beach in da nang, vietnam. shit is tasty and cheap as fuck over here

That's funny
Just headed to the grocery store on my lunch break

Salmon tonight as well
Pan seared over rice with some avocado and cucumber and what not

Maybe some other carb since I'm working out in the morning

How's the price of salmon where you are? I paid £4 for two mediocre sized fillets (about $5.25)

I picked up some big old flat mushrooms on the way home and made a cheesey/crispy breadcrumb stuffing type thing to go with the salmon, plus a ton of green veg

Short ribs, with chips (which I believe you in the US would refer to as “French fries”). Cooked the ribs for 8 hours at 100C, now back in with some sauce at 200C to glaze. Can’t be arsed to run the smoker this time of year, but they ought to be okay.

Nice man, I never tried cooking ribs, any photos of the finished product?

had a seafood dinner at the beach in da nang, vietnam. shit is tasty and cheap as fuck over here

bastard!

How's the price of salmon where you are? I paid £4 for two mediocre sized fillets (about $5.25)

I picked up some big old flat mushrooms on the way home and made a cheesey/crispy breadcrumb stuffing type thing to go with the salmon, plus a ton of green veg

bastard!

Terrible and annoying

About 10 usd a pound for fresh salmon
I eat a pound for a serving myself, my wife maybe a quarter pound or more if shes hungry
So its not cheap or I'd eat it more because I love it. I keep some frozen in my freezer that I get whenever it's on sale but I'm out

Terrible and annoying

About 10 usd a pound for fresh salmon
I eat a pound for a serving myself, my wife maybe a quarter pound or more if shes hungry
So its not cheap or I'd eat it more because I love it. I keep some frozen in my freezer that I get whenever it's on sale but I'm out
Same, we only eat it once a week due to price, one little biddy fillet each

I have to have a second meal an hour later

Beef short ribs are my favorite nonribeye cut of beef

Sorry, they didn’t last long. Were very nice in the end. 8 hours at that temp cooked then nicely, fat had rendered without going acrid, they were very easy to trim after a little cooling, and didn’t go too crumbly or anything. Will do they again. Was a Jamie Oliver recipe (I didn’t bother making his BBQ sauce though as I tried it before and it was too greasy).

no idea, but im not cooking shit, ill just use some app to order something, maybe chinese food and die who knows

Get a sixer of Coranas too. I read somewhere about Coranas killing over there. I was half paying attention.

Back