What you cooking/eating tonight? Sherdog Needs A Food Truck

I roasted a pork shoulder today for cubanos tomorrow

And also pork and rice today
20200405-170701.jpg

looks amazing how did you cook it?

In honor of the UFC's impending death. We will be having Octagon shaped Pizza. Yes. It's a real thing. :D

EE7uYKGX4AAq9G9.jpg

Dry-brined a chicken overnight in the fridge uncovered to dry the skin out for extra crispness. Roasted it and served it with some molé sauce from the Oaxacan spot on the corner.

Tomorrow I'll make stock and soup with the left overs.

Tried my hand at some English cuisine, whipped up a shepherds pie.

Just a gut bomb of meat, starch and grease with minimal flavour.

Nailed that shit.

Been on an Asian tip this weekend. Made chana massala on Friday as we had a shit ton of chickpeas in the cupboard, and pad thai on Saturday night.

Also made an awesome keto lasagne last night, using cabbage leaves instead of pasta sheets. Delicious, but looked like a pregnant alien so didn't bother with pics. chana.jpg pad.jpg

Been on an Asian tip this weekend. Made chana massala on Friday as we had a shit ton of chickpeas in the cupboard, and pad thai on Saturday night.

Also made an awesome keto lasagne last night, using cabbage leaves instead of pasta sheets. Delicious, but looked like a pregnant alien so didn't bother with pics. View attachment 757996 View attachment 757997

Looks real tasty mate!

Here's a few from this past week...

28 Day Dry Aged Sirloin - Wild Mushrooms with Garlic - Roasted Bone Marrow & Red Wine Sauce

Sirloin.JPG

Ribeye - Bearnaise Sauce - Oyster Mushrooms sauteed in Garlic, Butter & White Wine

Capture.JPG

Biscoff Biscuits filled with Biscoff Spread and dipped in White Chocolate

Biscoff.JPG

Toad In The Hole

Proper old school British dish which is Sausages baked into a Yorkshire Pudding which is like a roasted pancake batter, very traditional here. I had this with a roasted Onion Gravy made from Beef Stock, Red Onions and Rosemary

Capture.JPG

Also made an awesome keto lasagne last night, using cabbage leaves instead of pasta sheets. Delicious, but looked like a pregnant alien so didn't bother with pics. View attachment 757996 View attachment 757997

You can also use Leeks as Pasta sheets here. Just score along the length, peel off the layer and blanch is some salted boiling water for about 60 seconds so they become pliable

Toad In The Hole

Proper old school British dish which is Sausages baked into a Yorkshire Pudding which is like a roasted pancake batter, very traditional here. I had this with a roasted Onion Gravy made from Beef Stock, Red Onions and Rosemary

View attachment 758013
Looks like a Dutch baby

Toad In The Hole

View attachment 758013
That’s a damn fine looking toad in the hole, I can make a passable version but it never comes out that good!

Bought some beef short ribs on Saturday, next weekend I’m going to braise them in red wine and beef stock and have them with smoked garlic mash and probably some Savoy cabbage. I’m expecting to spend most of this week daydreaming about it...

That’s a damn fine looking toad in the hole, I can make a passable version but it never comes out that good!

Bought some beef short ribs on Saturday, next weekend I’m going to braise them in red wine and beef stock and have them with smoked garlic mash and probably some Savoy cabbage. I’m expecting to spend most of this week daydreaming about it...

Wow that sounds good - post some pics up! A good recipe for the Yorkie that I always use is;

- 8 Medium Eggs
- 8 oz Self Raising Flour
- 1 Pint of Full Fat Milk

The key things are to whisk it all up 24 hours before you use it and refrigerate over night. It'll look like it's split when you take it out but that's fine - just whisk it up again. Then makes sure your oil is screaming hot. Olive Oil isn't great as it burns but Vegetable Oil is good but for this one I used Beef Dripping cos... beefiness!

Wow that sounds good - post some pics up! A good recipe for the Yorkie that I always use is;

- 8 Medium Eggs
- 8 oz Self Raising Flour
- 1 Pint of Full Fat Milk

The key things are to whisk it all up 24 hours before you use it and refrigerate over night. It'll look like it's split when you take it out but that's fine - just whisk it up again. Then makes sure your oil is screaming hot. Olive Oil isn't great as it burns but Vegetable Oil is good but for this one I used Beef Dripping cos... beefiness!
I’ll give that recipe a go next time I try. Definitely with you on beef dripping, I always use it for roasting potatoes and parsnips. Or I did until I ran out last weekend, going to have to go with goose fat for the foreseeable. I want to try and get enough beef dripping to fill my deep fat fryer, but that’ll have to wait until all this blows over...

looks amazing how did you cook it?
Mojo marinade- oranges, limes, garlic, oregano and fish sauce
Roasted for 6 hours or so
Half at 275f covered, the other at 325 then a quick broil

Very easy

Mojo marinade- oranges, limes, garlic, oregano and fish sauce
Roasted for 6 hours or so
Half at 275f covered, the other at 325 then a quick broil

Very easy

Fish sauce is a interesting ingredient my wife is Filipino and would love that. How much do you use?

I did a mojo style whole pig in the La Caja China and that cooker is phenomenal. Even did a couple mojo turkeys on thanksgiving and made tacos with it.

Fish sauce is a interesting ingredient my wife is Filipino and would love that. How much do you use?

I did a mojo style whole pig in the La Caja China and that cooker is phenomenal. Even did a couple mojo turkeys on thanksgiving and made tacos with it.
maybe about a teaspoon and a half,
just a splash, I think that it helps give at least the outside of the pork more flavor

and I use the marinade and drippings as a sauce and it for sure helps with that

Back