What you cooking/eating tonight? Sherdog Needs A Food Truck

About to eat Mac and cheese with tuna mixed in.
Poor people meal for tha win.

My mom used to make that for me all the time growing up. Shit’s fucking good. You can fry the tuna a bit before mixing it in. And sprinkle some parmesan packets you stole from a pizza buffet.

Roasted Pork Shoulder

View attachment 754905

Glazed Salmon - Noodles / Teriyaki Sauce

View attachment 754909
Shit you got mad skills man, drop some more photos any time.

Pork always looks great but I just don't enjoy it, tastes a little to human to me.
That said I have a pork belly joint for tomorrow, I try it once a year or so to see if I'll be converted.

@chill doggie I went to the cash and carry earlier and they were throwing food at me, so much in stock and not enough people buying at as most restaurants etc are closed.
I should start a soup kitchen or something for the homeless and less fortunate, hate seeing food go to waste like that

I bought 4 chickens for £4.90 and 40 sausages for £4. Got a load of lamb leg steaks for a fiver as well.
Cooked two of the chickens earlier, gonna carve them up and freeze them. Might take the other two round to some old neighbours tomorrow, see if they want them

Thanks mate - I like to cook but my GF is a vegetarian so doing large meat joints etc... is a rarity! Pork Belly is great - if you can get a piece large / flat enough its great if you stuff and roll it with Peaches and Sage!

Hot damn. I could have all of that right now.
I tip my hat to you sir, that all looks amazingly professional.

Might grill this tomahawk steak I got tonight or I might save it for tomorrow.
Will post pics.

Thanks mate!

Plenty more time to cook now we're in semi-lockdown!

Looking forward to seeing the Tomahawk - one of my favourites!

A good old Sunday roast today, pork loin, roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots, broccoli and a cider gravy. Will wash it down with a beer or two then snooze the afternoon away on the sofa...
upload_2020-3-29_14-6-54.jpeg

Trying my first homemade pizza on the Weber kettle today, I’ll take some pics later.

Using my grandmas pizza dough recipe out of her cookbook.
{<redford}

Detroit style pan pizza today
What makes it Detroit style? Never heard of that
Trying my first homemade pizza on the Weber kettle today, I’ll take some pics later.

Using my grandmas pizza dough recipe out of her cookbook.
{<redford}

Yeah do post photos, I'm yet to find the right dough recipe for me.
I did have a really nice on the hob dough recipe but I can't find it, so I'm back to buy a plain base for now.

I got burgers tonight, made them earlier, wife and I been hanging out for one.
Got some Shropshire blue cheese and smoked cheddar to go on them. Sweet potato wedges on right now

@chill doggie what's going on dude?

I did have a really nice on the hob dough recipe but I can't find it, so I'm back to buy a plain base for now.

Got some Shropshire blue cheese and smoked cheddar to go on them. Sweet potato wedges on right now

20200329-171220.jpg

Deep dish with a high gluten dough amd a fuckton of pepperoni

Been working 14 hour shifts. Pretty chill, steady income. No time for cooking though. They shut down all the restaurants too. Had some tarka dal and mixed veggie masala takeout the day before yesterday. Just been scrounging my fridge for leftovers mostly.

Oh and how could I forget, had a lacha paratha with the indian takeout, highlight of the week.

Last edited:
Been working 14 hour shifts. Pretty chill, steady income. No time for cooking though. They shut down all the restaurants too. Had some tarka dal and mixed veggie masala takeout the day before yesterday. Just been scrounging my fridge for leftovers mostly. Selling some alien glue and white rhino this week, almost out!

Oh and how could I forget, had a lacha paratha with the indian takeout, highlight of the week.
Those paratha are lovely, don't get them much over here , which is odd seeing as Indian food is pretty much our national dish. I always go for a peshwari naan if I get take out, it's bloody gorgeous

Also made a lentil and chick pea Dahl last week with cauliflower rice. Lasted three days and probably cost about £3 to make. Best food often comes when it's made on a budget

Screenshot_20200404-221627.png

Those paratha are lovely, don't get them much over here , which is odd seeing as Indian food is pretty much our national dish. I always go for a peshwari naan if I get take out, it's bloody gorgeous

Also made a lentil and chick pea Dahl last week with cauliflower rice. Lasted three days and probably cost about £3 to make. Best food often comes when it's made on a budget

View attachment 757555

I prefer eating in a restaurant rather than getting takeout so this dine-in shutdown is fucking my outings up, and I also tear up buffets. Fuck it tho it is what it is.
That dahl looks bomb. Probably better than my local restaurant. At restaurants dahl is the last thing I get, not that I don’t like it just there’s so much good stuff to gorge on before I wash it down with it.

My favorite lentil dish is Mexican, my mom makes a black lentil thing with small bacon cuts, coriander, idk what other herbs or spices, I think thin sliced tomatoes, and we cut avocado slices into our bowls. Squeeze a lemon and salt it.
Fucking amazing.

Zataran's red beans and rice with vegetable trinity, andouille, left over rotisserie chicken & left over smoked brisket

+ corn bread
+ ceasar salad
+ I made a key lime pie covered in kiwis

I prefer eating in a restaurant rather than getting takeout so this dine-in shutdown is fucking my outings up, and I also tear up buffets. Fuck it tho it is what it is.
That dahl looks bomb. Probably better than my local restaurant. At restaurants dahl is the last thing I get, not that I don’t like it just there’s so much good stuff to gorge on before I wash it down with it.

My favorite lentil dish is Mexican, my mom makes a black lentil thing with small bacon cuts, coriander, idk what other herbs or spices, I think thin sliced tomatoes, and we cut avocado slices into our bowls. Squeeze a lemon and salt it.
Fucking amazing.
I don't really eat Dahl in a restaurant either, who's got room for vegan shit even there's meat on the menu? Love cooking it at home though. I have a good recipe for baked onion bhajis as well, might knock some up this week

Probably gonna just order food tonight.

I ordered groceries online but they haven't arrived today. Only got a few random fresh ingredients and cbf thawing out anything frozen. Im keeping the frozen stuff as my backup if shit hits the fan.

As for what to order, really not sure

Zataran's red beans and rice with vegetable trinity, andouille, left over rotisserie chicken & left over smoked brisket

+ corn bread
+ ceasar salad
+ I made a key lime pie covered in kiwis
Brisket?
<{anton}>

I roasted a pork shoulder today for cubanos tomorrow

And also pork and rice today
20200405-170701.jpg

pizza was a bust. I should have only used half of the dough and made a thin crust pizza. I tried to use it all and roll the excess into a crust.

I think it was a combination of that and too much moisture from the sauce and cheese. My daughters loved it though so I guess that’s all that matters.

Today was a beef short rib that came out amazing. Super tender and a perfect smoke ring. Made a snake out of kingsford professional charcoal on a Weber kettle and let it smoke at 275 while I did yard work.

Usually I use kingsford blue but my brother gave me a bag of this and it works great.

I’m going to try the pizza again with a thin crust. My grandmas recipe might be outdated it did call for a half cup of sugar.

Back