What you cooking/eating tonight? Sherdog Needs A Food Truck

HUGHPHUG

AL CAPS YO
@Gold
Reaction score
What you guys and gals cooking tonight? Drinking?

I just got done with sausage roly poly, one of the few things my dear old daddy ever did good was pass this recipe down to me.
This recipe is old school, 50's style, slightly adjusted to not kill people any more

Dice one onion and 4 bacon rashers.
Saute in pan with some beer or whatever

mix together 100g seut pastry with 200g self raising flour.
season and add a little turmeric & 'erbs
add tablespoons of water until it comes together as a dough, knead, roll out to a rectangle shape
UT7kCoA.jpg

take the meat from 8 sausages, I don't know what I used, but they were sausages.
spread over the pastry.
19CdKV0.jpg

sprinkle the onions and bacon and extra 'erbs
n84RgW7.jpg

roll up long ways like a swiss roll or a carpet or a funky cigarette
XBlBgXI.jpg

AT THIS POINT YOU HAVE TO HOPE YOU HAVE A WIFE THAT DIDN'T JUST SMASH YOUR PERFECTLY SIZED DEEP CASSEROLE DISH
If you do have one those, cut it in half and stick it in two seperate casserole dishes
PaErNPj.jpg

Cover the pie thing 3/4 with gravy of some description
2ImoZ5b.jpg

stick it in an over for 1hr at 170c fan oven, guess 180c regular, fuck you if you only work in F

When it comes out it will be real crispy on top and still soft and gooey underneath
DoeQdvJ.jpg

5QU3Ctu.jpg

I have done a vegna version before with diced beans/mushrooms/grains/carrots etc.
Use anything, shit taste good

Speckled Hen for the liver
31855403377_8217f1d230_n.jpg

no idea, but im not cooking shit, ill just use some app to order something, maybe chinese food and die who knows

Those temps dont make sense nothing is going to get cooked right at 170 but I'm assuming you meant 370 or some shit. Food looks dope. Imma eat pizza rolls then go get drunk while my parents watch the baby for a few hours

So an English burrito pie eh. Looks good mate.
I’m sold on the bacon and crispy side.

I was craving meat so I went out and bought 2 ribeye steaks and 2 chuck steaks, placed them over some onions in a pan on heat setting 3 out of 10. No oils just salt and pepper. Cooked them up to about medium-rare, removed the steaks to finish browning the onions in the meat juice and I’m gonna cut the meat up to sear it and season with this American IPA and probably gonna make some tacos. Will also use some ground thyme in a bit.
5A8C1560-1CF1-4E28-92F0-CDD8155A2DBE.jpeg
710192A9-5364-4D4B-90DA-5E6649613A32.jpeg
A78C8C06-4C9B-47D6-933D-C798CF7AA532.jpeg

Setting onions aside and enjoying a sip
0713B187-4FF6-4F3D-ABC9-1E52A4B89882.jpeg

Browing some fat and bones.
17B1FC03-51F5-4E86-B62E-9518748B918C.jpeg

I met up with @Clippy at this burger joint earlier today

full

tonight I'm supposed to meet him here:
full

for some

full

full

So an English burrito pie eh. Looks good mate.
I’m sold on the bacon and crispy side.

I was craving meat so I went out and bought 2 ribeye steaks and 2 chuck steaks, placed them over some onions in a pan on heat setting 3 out of 10. No oils just salt and pepper. Cooked them up to about medium-rare, removed the steaks to finish browning the onions in the meat juice and I’m gonna cut the meat up to sear it and season with this American IPA and probably gonna make some tacos. Will also use some ground thyme in a bit.
View attachment 717009
View attachment 717011
View attachment 717013
Good work man, I love tacos.
I've like using beer as a base when doing onions etc, instead of oil. I did some in cider last night to go with burgers

How many you feeding that's a ton of food?

Pork or beef?

What's poke? I can see it's fish but what makes it poke, or what does it mean?

You pronounce it (po Kay) and it is basically a bowl that has rice, fish(I got spicy tuna) veggies(I got jalapeños, green onions and shishito peppers) topped it off with dried garlic and sesame seeds). If you like sushi then you’ll like this.

Pork or beef?

What's poke? I can see it's fish but what makes it poke, or what does it mean?

Fuck yeah, I love making guacamole, I could live off that shit

Lean beef.

I had a Banquet Nashville chicken mega bowl. Which was delicious and $2.18.

And this is the first weekend I haven't drank in ages. For one I've been spending way too much. I get tired of spending $15 on booze every weekend and I'm broke as fuck. I'm also planning on partying hard in Atlanta next weekend.

Good work man, I love tacos.
I've like using beer as a base when doing onions etc, instead of oil. I did some in cider last night to go with burgers

How many you feeding that's a ton of food?

Just me lol, it was only 3 steaks.
My chihuahua got the bones and half a handful of meat.
Got too lazy to handle an avocado, just some lime, salt and hot sauce for these.
00127311-6937-4CE0-85E8-DF75E75B4C51.jpeg

Just me lol, it was only 3 steaks.
My chihuahua got the bones and half a handful of meat.
Got too lazy to handle an avocado, just some lime, salt and hot sauce for these.
View attachment 717095

I love that hot-sauce. It destroys my soul though.

I had a Banquet Nashville chicken mega bowl. Which was delicious and $2.18.

And this is the first weekend I haven't drank in ages. For one I've been spending way too much. I get tired of spending $15 on booze every weekend and I'm broke as fuck. I'm also planning on partying hard in Atlanta next weekend.

How much sodium does that thing have? Lol... just checked... 2500mg... hot damn that’s a lot.

Back