What would you think if Conor-Cowboy ends up being a Nate Diaz like war?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
To me that would be extremely disappointing and would confirm what a lot of people are saying about Conor not being an elite fighter anymore. JG and Tony Ferguson finished Cerrone rather easily and if Conor struggles (or loses) then that would mean he’s effectively finished as a championship level fighter.

I’m expecting Conor to starch Cowboy within two if he’s anywhere near his peak levels .

Gaethje cracked that chin and Ferg softened him up. I don't see how he's going to last like Nate did.

It ain't. The shots Conor landed on Diaz would put away cowboy multiple times over. Guess nobody here watched Cowboy vs Nate/Till and even RDA. Cowboy can't handle southpaws that pressure well.

Hell Diaz is a damn good boxer and kept getting trapped against the cage and caught by Conor. The same Diaz had no issues easily outstriking MJ, who is quick as fuck.

It's like people forget that Diaz's ridiculous chin is the only reason he made it through the first two rounds of the 2nd Conor bout. He still got dropped 3 times by Conor's left, I'm pretty sure Nate hasn't been dropped by a punch since Melvin, maybe Benson.

I'm not surprised.

I'm picking Conor but I don't see how people think this is a gimme fight.

It could well be a war. Worth noting his chin will be better at 170 and Justin may not have got the early knockout at 170. Having to cut a lot of weight definitely makes you more susceptible to a knockout.

It could well be a war. Worth noting his chin will be better at 170 and Justin may not have got the early knockout at 170. Having to cut a lot of weight definitely makes you more susceptible to a knockout.

He got finished multiple times at 170...

By proper welterweights, not lightweights
So what your saying is a guy who has been dropped at lightweight and dropped at welterweight is going to get dropped less because he is fighting a lightweight at welterweight?

IDK man. That's not completely illogical but it's highly improbable.

Be pretty stoked. I like watching wars.
Don't care weather or not this makes Conor look better or not I don't really care, there are always new guys to get excited about.

Means he would get starched by masvidal, and possibly Justin as well. If you can't take out a guy multiple fighters have taken out early, then that shows an ineffectiveness in his stand up.

This is a gimme fight, and if he goes life and death with him, like he did with Nate, then that would lower his stock.

I'd consider him a proper welterweight now, definitely filled out since his LW days, doubt he could still cut to 55

Fair enough

Means he would get starched by masvidal, and possibly Justin as well. If you can't take out a guy multiple fighters have taken out early, then that shows an ineffectiveness in his stand up.

This is a gimme fight, and if he goes life and death with him, like he did with Nate, then that would lower his stock.

i been saying that Masvidal kills Conor

So what your saying is a guy who has been dropped at lightweight and dropped at welterweight is going to get dropped less because he is fighting a lightweight at welterweight?

IDK man. That's not completely illogical but it's highly improbable.
Well yes, welterweights generally hit harder than lightweights (eg Masvidal hits harder than Justin) so even though Cowboys chin is better at 170 the trade off he is facing harder hitters.

Back