What Would You Do With Werdum?

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So Cain gets dropped from the fight and Werdum doesnt want to accept a Junior Dos Santos or some other replacement... what happens?

Do you punish him and push him down the division? do you say fuck it, have the title shot? or is it just a lateral movement and he still has to win one to get the title shot?

but by then, if junior beats Struve, it would be hard for Werdum to get a win and be ready for Stipe in time.

so what do you do? i say take a fight or take a number

Punishment via Cigano uppercut. I like watching deck chairs fold.

Werdum doesnt have to fight JDS if he didnt sign to do so. It would be admirable and heroic but lets not forget Jon Jones wouldnt fight CHAEL SONNEN on short notice.

So Werdum who was preparing for a wrestler kick boxer wasnt ready to fight a pure boxer with great sprawl and brawl.

I think it makes Werdum look bad overall but I understand not taking a fight if you think you didnt prepare well enough.

well, give him a second shot at Stipe, i doubt he will chase Stipe like a stupid again

Werdum doesnt have to fight JDS if he didnt sign to do so. It would be admirable and heroic but lets not forget Jon Jones wouldnt fight CHAEL SONNEN on short notice.

So Werdum who was preparing for a wrestler kick boxer wasnt ready to fight a pure boxer with great sprawl and brawl.

I think it makes Werdum look bad overall but I understand not taking a fight if you think you didnt prepare well enough.
the only problem being the timeline for Stipe's return. if Werdum wants to push it back to accommodate a Junior camp, that fight and its resuult would jive well with the champion's return. doesnt the champ get first say in a situation like this? he comes back in a few months anyway

Werdum signed the contract to fight Cain like 5 times, and out of those times, Cain showed up once. Don't forget the delays he created for Werdum. I don't think there's a single fighter in UFC history who has attempted to fight another fighter this many times. At this point, they need to pay Werdum for his patience and let him fight for the title.

Feed him Cigano and if he wins give him a title bout. If he refuses feed him to the fishes.

Werdum signed the contract to fight Cain like 5 times, and out of those times, Cain showed up once. Don't forget the delays he created for Werdum. I don't think there's a single fighter in UFC history who has attempted to fight another fighter this many times. At this point, they need to pay Werdum for his patience and let him fight for the title.
yeah, you do have to feel for werdum. but you also cant reward him. he still has to win to get a title shot like everyone else and if hes turning fights down (which is speculation) then it kind of disqualifies him.

yeah, you do have to feel for werdum. but you also cant reward him. he still has to win to get a title shot like everyone else and if hes turning fights down (which is speculation) then it kind of disqualifies him.

If that's the case, then they should reschedule him to fight on another card.

ATM, rusty fish hook, possibly incorporate some rubber chickens.

Maybe fight Miocic at 208 since that card could use the help? I know he got KO'd by Stipe but this fight looked like a title eliminator to me and Cain pulled out due to injury so I'm ok with it.

Fight Travis Browne again. This is the fight to make. It's the fight everyone wants to see.

dana-white.jpg

Back