what would you do if your neighbor kicked your dog really hard?

Probably express my opinion about his character, perhaps some verbal threats that I have no intention of backing up.

Really, responsible dog owners don't let them just wander on to someone else's property.

Laugh.

My boy Samson just placed 8th in the last shutzhund I ran him in.

My girl, bear is also shutzhund trained(though not as successful)

Let's say you have a dog and he wanders over to your neighbor's front yard to play, not causing any ruckus or harm, then your neighbor kicks your dog as if it were a football.

Now I know it's the fault of the owner for not watching his dog, but that kind of physical abuse is not necessary.

Neighbour's right to kick. There are some unreasonable, violent people in the world. The dog of course can't understand this, but a swift kick in the ribs might help him get it.

As long as the dog wasn't seriously injured, I'd merely call the dog back inside and scold him for venturing across the lawn. If the kick broke ribs, I'd call the police but they'd likely tell me it was the guy's right. At this point, depending on circumstance, I might engage myself in some clandestine tactics of retaliation, including but limited to throwing bricks through the windows on the other side of his house and spreading gasoline in appropriate patterns on the front lawn he seems to so cherish.

I would c**t punt him into the middle of next week.

Well my dog is really friendly and loves to play with children so I know for a fact my neighbor would be a piece of shit if he did that and I would probably leg kick him really hard and ask him how it feels.

You don't have the right to allow your dog, regardless of how friendly and child-loving, to trespass on someone's property. If the dog is on his property, the neighbour can exercise his right to remove it from the property by whatever means necessary, excluding criminal extremes.

I'd never kick a dog, let alone a neighbour's dog, for being on my property, but the right exists for a property owner to do so. If for some reason I was the neighbour in the situation you described, my response to your question about the leg kick would be something along the lines of, "feels like a solid lawsuit, actually. When I bankrupt your ass and buy your house, that's going to be two properties on this block where dogs get kicked without asking questions first."

Then I'd take my oakley wrap-arounds off of my face and beseach you to indeed come on, if in fact you are coming on.

Kick him in the teeth, real hard. And I know it would be my fuck up, if my dog wanders and shit.

My dog is solid and probably would be fine. But I would give a nice little " go fuck yourself", then I would start a relationship that is the opposite of Tim and Wilson.

You don't have the right to allow your dog, regardless of how friendly and child-loving, to trespass on someone's property. If the dog is on his property, the neighbour can exercise his right to remove it from the property by whatever means necessary, excluding criminal extremes.

I'd never kick a dog, let alone a neighbour's dog, for being on my property, but the right exists for a property owner to do so. If for some reason I was the neighbour in the situation you described, my response to your question about the leg kick would be something along the lines of, "feels like a solid lawsuit, actually. When I bankrupt your ass and buy your house, that's going to be two properties on this block where dogs get kicked without asking questions first."

Then I'd take my oakley wrap-arounds off of my face and beseach you to indeed come on, if in fact you are coming on.

Technically, kicking a dog (depending on size I suppose) could actually be a criminal act, (animal cruelty) if you want to be anal about it. Don't know if there would actually be an arrest but a ticket would be issued. And if it was a small dog and you booted it, then a civil suit would/could also occur depending on damages.

Now if it was a harmless kick, that didn't actually injure the dog, none of that applies, you are just being an ass so profanity instead of legal action should suffice. And possible childish mischief would be encouraged.

If some guy kicked my dog for no good reason, I would hurt that guy hands down.

Technically, kicking a dog (depending on size I suppose) could actually be a criminal act, (animal cruelty) if you want to be anal about it. Don't know if there would actually be an arrest but a ticket would be issued. And if it was a small dog and you booted it, then a civil suit would/could also occur depending on damages.

Interesting question, really. I'm not knowledgeable in this specific avenue of law, but I would assume that any action not including obvious, criminal acts would be protected by law on the part of the property owner. To be an act of animal cruelty, the neighbour would have to do something like corner the animal, preventing it from getting away, and then kick it repeatedly, I would think. Again, I don't know, but I am fairly confident that the law would support a property owner who kicked a trespassing animal so long as it wasn't demonstrable that the guy intended to hurt the animal purely for the sake of hurting it - which would be an easy thing to demonstrate.

If it were a human trespasser, the property owner would be required to warn the person and demand they leave his property, and if this wasn't heeded, and the property owner felt threatened, he would be within his rights to kick the dude in an effort to defend his property. Sort of. In dealing with a dog which hasn't the ability to heed warnings nor understand property lines, a kick might be the only way to ensure the dog gets off your lawn. In this context, even if the kick broke multiple ribs, and the dog was tiny, I'm very confident the property owner would be legally protected. So long as his actions and intentions were clearly aligned with removing the dog from his property. Excessive force in executing this right? maybe, but that's gonna be a hard case to win, I'd think.

I guarantee you would need at least a couple minutes of sit time after an unchecked full out leg kick from me. Even then you'd probably puss out cause I kick hard enough to fuck you up even if you check it or take it on the arm if I go for a body kick. I'm not exaggerating either. I kick brutally fucking hard.

Also, I don't give a fuck about the legal ramifications. I never said, "Well, since the law is technically on my side..." and neither did anyone else in the thread. It's the fuckign principal. A 3 year old kid would be trespassing as well, would it be cool to kick the kid since he's on your property?

LOL, bankrupt me for a leg kick? Now, I know there are some desperate people out there and all, and since my house would probably be quite a bit larger than yours I guess I can understand your angle, but there's no way in hell you're getting a substantial amount of money for a dead leg. I guess I might break your femur, that's pretty realistic, but even then there's no way you're getting 500k or whatever the fuck you think the house I live in would be worth.

Also, only fuckign pussies bring up law suits in situations like this, which lets me know that you're a pussy and would probably just cry from the leg kick.

Also, you said "excluding criminal extremes" and if you live in the right state, kicking a dog is actually a crime.

Last edited:
Someone harms my dog, I harm them to a roughly equal degree. Simple fact. Especially if the only "offense" is my dog wandering onto their yard. Don't want dogs wandering into your yard? Put up a fence or plant some hedges.

I guarantee you would need at least a couple minutes of sit time after an unchecked full out leg kick from me. Even then you'd probably puss out cause I kick hard enough to fuck you up even if you check it or take it on the arm if I go for a body kick. I'm not exaggerating either. I kick brutally fucking hard.

All the better for the lawsuit.

Also, I don't give a fuck about the legal ramifications. I never said, "Well, since the law is technically on my side..." and neither did anyone else in the thread. It's the fuckign principal. A 3 year old kid would be trespassing as well, would it be cool to kick the kid since he's on your property?

No. Why change the parameters of the hypothetical situation though? what does that prove? "what if it was a flamethrower, and not a kick?" "what if he wasn't wearing shoes?"

A dog is incapable of understanding the concept of property, a child is not. A child is protected with the rights all citizens have, a dog is not. The thread is about the actions you would undertake in a given scenario. In this scenario, you'd be shining my shoes and collecting the paper for me - a task too demeaning even for my dog - because you are an ignorant simpleton obsessed with principles* ("principals" are the heads of schools, which you evidently could have made better use of if I assume you still aren't enrolled in elementary, which may be a stretch.)

LOL, bankrupt me for a leg kick? Now, I know there are some desperate people out there and all, and since my house would probably be quite a bit larger than yours I guess I can understand your angle, but there's no way in hell you're getting a substantial amount of money for a dead leg. I guess I might break your femur, that's pretty realistic, but even then there's no way you're getting 500k or whatever the fuck you think the house I live in would be worth.

Assault and battery is a serious, criminal offence. Particularly from a numbskull like you who brags about his ability to inflict damage with one.

Also, only fuckign pussies bring up law suits in situations like this.

Jail is filled with people who think the rest of the world are "pussies." you'd fit right in, tough guy. Hopefully your baby mama can find time to feed your beloved mutt while you're sitting in a concrete room, congratulating yourself on your "principals."

Someone harms my dog, I harm them to a roughly equal degree. Simple fact. Especially if the only "offense" is my dog wandering onto their yard. Don't want dogs wandering into your yard? Put up a fence or plant some hedges.

What if I don't want a fence AND don't want dogs on my property?

Don't want your dog kicked? don't let him wander into other's yards.

much easier solution, and nobody has to take his shirt off.

All the better for the lawsuit.

No. Why change the parameters of the hypothetical situation though? what does that prove? "what if it was a flamethrower, and not a kick?" "what if he wasn't wearing shoes?"

A dog is incapable of understanding the concept of property, a child is not. A child is protected with the rights all citizens have, a dog is not. The thread is about the actions you would undertake in a given scenario. In this scenario, you'd be shining my shoes and collecting the paper for me - a task too demeaning even for my dog - because you are an ignorant simpleton obsessed with principles* ("principals" are the heads of schools, which you evidently could have made better use of if I assume you still aren't enrolled in elementary, which may be a stretch.)

Assault and battery is a serious, criminal offence. Particularly from a numbskull like you who brags about his ability to inflict damage with one.

Jail is filled with people who think the rest of the world are "pussies." you'd fit right in, tough guy. Hopefully your baby mama can find time to feed your beloved mutt while you're sitting in a concrete room, congratulating yourself on your "principals."

Ya know, after the 15 minutes it took you to write that out I was expecting a novel and a better response. I'm a little disappointed.

Oh no! I had a typo and you pointed it out!!! DUDE YOU GOT ME!!!

Assault and battery? Really? It's a dead leg you fucking pussy! They wouldn't even give me assault, nevermind assault and battery, it'd be a domestic dispute and I'd pay a $200 bail and make fun of how big of a pussy you are with the arresting officer during the ride to the police department.

Judging by your response I would probably know that you're a little bitch being yoru neighbor and all and wouldn't even kick you hard enough to actually really hurt you because you would cower like a chastised child. Then again, there's no way you'd have the balls to kick my dog so this wouldn't ever happen in the first place.

Interesting question, really. I'm not knowledgeable in this specific avenue of law, but I would assume that any action not including obvious, criminal acts would be protected by law on the part of the property owner. To be an act of animal cruelty, the neighbour would have to do something like corner the animal, preventing it from getting away, and then kick it repeatedly, I would think. Again, I don't know, but I am fairly confident that the law would support a property owner who kicked a trespassing animal so long as it wasn't demonstrable that the guy intended to hurt the animal purely for the sake of hurting it - which would be an easy thing to demonstrate.

If it were a human trespasser, the property owner would be required to warn the person and demand they leave his property, and if this wasn't heeded, and the property owner felt threatened, he would be within his rights to kick the dude in an effort to defend his property. Sort of. In dealing with a dog which hasn't the ability to heed warnings nor understand property lines, a kick might be the only way to ensure the dog gets off your lawn. In this context, even if the kick broke multiple ribs, and the dog was tiny, I'm very confident the property owner would be legally protected. So long as his actions and intentions were clearly aligned with removing the dog from his property. Excessive force in executing this right? maybe, but that's gonna be a hard case to win, I'd think.

We don't know enough about the situation to judge either way. IF there was already a warning issued, and visible signs, then perhaps. If the dog was not threatening however was on the property, the owner would be required to take measures to peacefully remove the dog I assume, such as use a hose.

If you did really hurt the dog, then regardless of excessive force on the criminal side (animal cruelty perhaps), you would at least be responsible for vet bills.

But again on the criminal side we would have to really see the situation play out and what the scenario and setting was to decide. However I live in California so the civil suit would probably be a win for the dog owner assuming you did bodily, provable harm to the animal.

I can't believe we are being this serious over the situation lol.

Back