What would you do honestly, real life scenario

well first of all , whenever i travel abroad (especially Asia) i keep money in two places.
One will be hidden by my thigh/groin (fuck a moneybelt ...every idiot knows about how foreigners love those) , the other will be in my fanny pack (yes i wear one...convenience) in whats called a "Chicago Bankroll".
what you do is take a 100/50/20 dollar bill and fold a stack of 40-50 dollar bills/mixed monopoly money/local money inside.Then wrap it up with a rubber band n there you go. Instant decoy.
I used that shit back when i was hustling pool in Florida in late 90's early 2000's. Going into some mean/strange poolrooms you dont know if you'll be allowed to walk out with your winnings. When you're leaving is when the problem starts. Some asswipes , when they realise that they got hustled would get pretty pissed !
I only had to use it once though. 3-4 guys made a move on me and i just flung my Chicago Roll at them ,before they even got to me ,and ran.
who do you think they're gonna chase ....me or that fat roll they saw sailing through the air ?
Im sure at least one of them must've popped a vein when he realised he got double-hustled .

:icon_lol:

i think i made like 8-900 bucks from that room ....minus the 70-80 dollar roll !

as for the knife thing ....fuck it. His reach is longer , you cant 'block' a knife and worst of all .....when u get stabbed you dont realise it. You could have three or four holes in your chest and you dont feel it, keep going then an hour later ..you're a hero but dead.

If you do get attacked by a knife weilding fool and you have no choice then what you want to do (and this is gold here) is take off your jacket/sweater/top and wrap it around your forearm quickly. Use your forearm like a shield ,u cant die from getting cut there unlike your torso which is your main priority. Dont worry about your head so much cuz its easy to move away and your skull is an excellent guard. PROTECT YOUR TORSO AT ALL TIMES.
Your two choices are 1) Run away ......but only if you have some distance on him. If you just turn then u risk getting stabbed in the back (very painfull , potentially lethal)
2) fight concentrate on his knife hand AND WATCH THE KNIFE. You dont wanna assume the knife's in his right hand , he might have switched it to his left.
when he tries to slash/stab take it on your covered forearm. The blade has a good chance of getting caught n stuck in the cover .

ive been in a few knife fights (tough life !) and i can tell u my left arm still has 3-4 slash scars on it and i have one right through my right earlobe where this kid tried to skewer my head like a kabob (not a slash but a stab). I still get tingles thinking what if it had been an inch lower and in my ear canal.......remember what an earache feels like ? yuck.
but still ....no stab marks on my torso. Never had to go to a hospital.......i take that as a plus.

ive also known a few guys who aint around anymore cuz they got stabbed. Thats the same scenario i listed. Got into a fight. Didnt care opp had a knife. Got stabbed didnt feel it. 2-3 minutes of fighting later they stop (like all streetfights). 30 minutes an hour later ..collapse dead.

Remember self defense is a mindset not a skill. You see a knife weilding guy .....do the arm wrap thing , prepare to fight but hope to run. Back away slowly speaking calmly n firmly. Tell him u dont want no trouble , if he wants your money give it to him (why the fuck would u wear a Rolex in a 3rd world bus ?), if he wants to fight tell him "no" , "you the boss" whatever.
Hell , look over his shoulder and yell "GET HIM" . The guy will be so keyed up he'll look back n thats when u do your best roadrunner imitation.............meep meep !

that being said

Life > Desire to stay injury free > Money

Alright Chuck Norris.

Wtf is with all this shit take off the jacket and make it into shield if the guy wants to stab you he will.

I'm surprised that no one has said it already but my first instinct would be to get wrist control...

So you would risk getting arrested abroad being an American, for battery of one of their citizens?

I'm surprised that no one has said it already but my first instinct would be to get wrist control...

When you say wrist control you do you mean on yourself in order to stop your hands shaking so you don't antagonise him by dropping your wallet as you hand it over.....

So you would risk getting arrested abroad being an American, for battery of one of their citizens?

Exactly, ask the American kid who got himself arrested in Singapore a couple years back for getting caught doing graffiti how well that worked out for him...........

(FYI- they tied his ass up to a pole and gave him "lashings" with a cat tail whip)

Alright Chuck Norris.

If it was Chuck Norris he woulda one punched 'em unconcious with his beard.

btw did you know........not everyone's lived a nice quiet suburban life like yours. Some of us had some real issues growing up.

:icon_chee

If it was Chuck Norris he woulda one punched 'em unconcious with his beard.

btw did you know........not everyone's lived a nice quiet suburban life like yours. Some of us had some real issues growing up.

:icon_chee

So that explains why you're getting in most people's nerve with your rudeness, you had some real issues growing up. It's alright, you can cry over my shoulder now (pat... pat...):wink:

So that explains why you're getting in most people's nerve with your rudeness, you had some real issues growing up. It's alright, you can cry over my shoulder now (pat... pat...):wink:

naw thats ok. My way of dealing with it used to be putting my foot up your...sorry their ass.

'course i bet some of you...sorry them get off on that.

btw did you delete your "Jackie Chan can beat most MMA guys" post ?

dont know whats so funny but did he use it like a toreador or even a whip ?

Tried to catch it with the open jacket then after that didn't work he wrapped it around his arm. Still got stabbed all over the place .:icon_lol:

Tried to catch it with the open jacket then after that didn't work he wrapped it around his arm. Still got stabbed all over the place .:icon_lol:

open jacket/whip/toreador are all bullshit.

Your buddy must've pussied out or forgot what to do in the heat of the moment.
what you're supposed to do is offer your arm as bait (think Larry Holmes and his pawing jab). You get the guy to concentrate on your arm (instead of your torso) then disarm him (by fouling up the blade) or GETTING THE FUCK OUT.

you have to remember , its not a magic tool to beat the guy over the head with.
Its just some fucking protection. Better than nothing.
Of course i shoulda added that its best i've had a blade of my own in the other hand.
My shield (jacketed arm) + sword (3" blade) > than his blade.

defend with one , attack with the other.

It also works without the blade too though. One guy seeing me whip it off and stand ready decided against attacking. My look and actions probably conveyed experience and confidence and he decided against it.
whether i wouldve been cut up or not is a different matter. Important thing is that it gives me some protection.

I can put up instances where ppl have defended/attacked another guy with some weapon only for it to be used against them.
still ...wouldnt you prefer to be the guy holding the bat vs a barehanded guy ?

same principle. Just cuz it didnt work in one instance doesnt mean it wont work for most.

Its almost impossible to avoid getting cut though. Read my original post. I ve got 5-6 deep scars all on my left forearm that i'll have till i die.
However it did its job cuz i got none on my torso. I'd rather get cut on my arm than stabbed in my torso.

open jacket/whip/toreador are all bullshit.

Your buddy must've pussied out or forgot what to do in the heat of the moment.
what you're supposed to do is offer your arm as bait (think Larry Holmes and his pawing jab). You get the guy to concentrate on your arm (instead of your torso) then disarm him (by fouling up the blade) or GETTING THE FUCK OUT.

you have to remember , its not a magic tool to beat the guy over the head with.
Its just some fucking protection. Better than nothing.
Of course i shoulda added that its best i've had a blade of my own in the other hand.
My shield (jacketed arm) + sword (3" blade) > than his blade.

defend with one , attack with the other.

It also works without the blade too though. One guy seeing me whip it off and stand ready decided against attacking. My look and actions probably conveyed experience and confidence and he decided against it.
whether i wouldve been cut up or not is a different matter. Important thing is that it gives me some protection.

Oh FGSake! Stop watching kungfu movies will you? They're getting into your head and stop living in a fantasy world! It only happens in the movies, so STFU!:icon_twis

lol next he is gonna advise taping phone books to your arms and chest and stomach to defend against a knife.

lol next he is gonna advise taping phone books to your arms and chest and stomach to defend against a knife.

Strangely enough, that may actually work!?!? That said, I still think it a bit wiser to just avoid the knife fight and give the guy my wallet........ Covering myself in duct tape and phone-books every time i use public transportation just sounds a bit tedious...... Could be a valuable conditioning exercise, help cut weight, build strength and all while still safely protecting your wallet from knife wielding assailants! Hell, even if he really wants your wallet that bad he is gonna have to cut off all that duct tape and remove the phone books.......... i think you may be on to something here :icon_chee

Give the money up unless you got a bigger weapon lol, why would you risk fighting a person with a knife unless you absolutely had to? Good way to end up dead

Also I wouldn't be a dumbass and carry around a thousand dollars.

I'd probably give the money to him but as soon as he steps away and turns around I'd give him a cheap shot and go from there.

Back