What would take you to accept a transgender?

if a mob was going to kick a transgender to death,they are in immediate danger,i'd tell them to get into my car,and then I'd drive them to safety,any other scenario,'it' does get anywhere near me or my car,thats about as accepting as I can be.....if that makes me a cunt and a bigot,i can live with that.

I'm the same way. I wouldn't hurt one or want them hurt, but I'm not going out of my way to be friends to prove what a great guy I am.

A lot of booze, and one hell of a surgeon.

There is a hugeeee difference between accepting transgenders and dating / banging one

I accept homosexuality but it doesn't mean i want to get my ass filled with penis uppercuts
I agree with this 100%.

I see no reason they can't be given the same rights and responsibilites as anyone else, but that doesn't mean that I'd let them bang.

Saying that to accept someone you need to date them sounds very forceful and guilt trip-ish, like when a guy you consider a friend demands you have sex with them to prove you like them (yes that has happened to me more than a few times).

All in all I judge someone by their character, not by whether they like to dress like the opposite sex or not. I don't have any transgender friends because I don't know any, but I wouldn't have any problem at befriending one. Most of them have excellent fashion taste so go shopping together with one is bound to be fun.

You're a woman I take it? I've never heard of a gay friend demanding sex from a non gay friend to prove friendship, a couple of my buddies are gay and they've never made me feel like they want my ass (maybe I'm just ugly)

A guy would also only say that to a woman if he's attracted to her and thinks that saying that has a chance of working (gotta be insane to think that would have a chance at working tho)

Accept like not ridicule them ? No problem. Date? In the words of Rick James to Tracy Jordan "Freaky Deakys need love too" but that's not my deal man

Gender dysphoria is a mental illness. Those are sad people with extremely high suicide rates

From what I read, even if they have surgery and take HRT they are still just as likely to commit suicide... playing to their delusions does not help them or give them a happier life

I accept them the way I accept people with other mental illnesses. I feel sympathy for them and hope they get the help they need but I don't pretend their delusions are real
while I agree....I'd be interest in your opinion of new parents who rise their new born/toddler/kid as gender neutral,read an article about parents who done just that,for 5 years,left me feeling kind of like.....

EktzKOG.gif

You're a woman I take it? I've never heard of a gay friend demanding sex from a non gay friend to prove friendship, a couple of my buddies are gay and they've never made me feel like they want my ass (maybe I'm just ugly)

A guy would also only say that to a woman if he's attracted to her and thinks that saying that has a chance of working (gotta be insane to think that would have a chance at working tho)
I was referring to (now former) straight friends, not gay ones. I only brought it up because it sounds similar to what TS is suggesting in the OP. For the record, none of my lesbian friends ever did something like that.

By demand I don't mean anything directly like 'fuck me or I'll never talk to you again!' (though it's really that what it' is about in the end), but rather more subtle with lots of passive-aggressiveness and guilt tripping.

Last edited:
needs to pass an inspection conducted by @Zer

I accept them the same way i accept people with psychosis, bi-polar, schizophrenia, etc.

they are human beings just like you and me, they just happen to have a serious mental illness that requires extra care and attention

if you mean "Accept" as in accept a biological Male that dresses in drag as a "Female" or "she".....no, logic and science will not allow me to "Accept" a man as a woman or a woman as a man

if a Trans goes through surgery and hormone treatment.....I'll "Accept" their gender as more of a paper gender or formality

ill still look at that fully post op Trans as a "mentally ill male that got technically transformed into a woman" or vice versa

i would never leave a Transgender person alone in a room with my children, that is for sure

same way i wouldnt leave them alone in the room with a schizo

There is a hugeeee difference between accepting transgenders and dating / banging one

Yea I feel like I've seen this same topic before. They were trying to equate not banging transgenders to not accepting them. They can have all the rights we have I'm fine with that but I'm not fucking a dude. We have plenty of beautiful women on this earth why would I settle for one that used to be a dude.

It's like my cousin. He breaks up with his horrible wife who always treated him like shit and ran to a women who has two kids from another guy. He's a dentist and a good looking dude and all I can think is why would you settle for that when you could have so much more.

I was referring to straight friends, not gay ones. I only brought it up because it sounds similar to what TS is suggesting in the OP. For the record, none of my lesbian friends ever did something like that.

By demand I don't mean anything directly like 'fuck me or I'll never talk to you again!' (though it's really that what it' is about in the end), but rather more subtle with lots of passive-aggressiveness and guilt tripping.

I actually don't know what you're talking about here but i'm interested and could use some examples?

Accept? Nothing. I already accept them, and I find the amount of bigotry on here towards gays and trans disgusting. A lot of people are quick to grab the pitchforks when anyone is different in away they don't understand.

Wouldn't date one though, same way I wouldn't date a man. You don't have to have sex with someone to accept them. Contrary to popular belief on sherdog.

while I agree....I'd be interest in your opinion of new parents who rise their new born/toddler/kid as gender neutral,read an article about parents who done just that,for 5 years,left me feeling kind of like.....

EktzKOG.gif

It's child abuse. People decide if they're gay or trans or whatever. You don't decide for them. There's no way that won't cause psychological problems.

Back