What would it take to make elite K1/MMA vs. top Boxer?

you do realize if one of the tope hw boxers stepped into the ring with badr or semmy they would get complety murdered in kickboxing rules. they would get theyre legs kicked out from under them

K1? Yes..MMA? No. MMA strikers are just as horrible at kickboxing as they are at boxing. I'll bet Tomasz Adamek would decimate Rich Franklin in under 30 seconds in any striking contest even with Franklin's full use of kicks, knees and elbows.

If Alexander Povetkin didn't want to box a long professional career, and he just wanted to fight a handful of fights against the best in his division, could this even be possible? Could he of used his Olympic Gold to jump to a higher level of competition earlier in his career? His first five pro fights were garbage opponents, could he have faced a Chris Byrd level fighter within 2-3 pro fights? If he had no interest fighting more than several times, would his talent enable him to convince a commission to box the top guys at HW?

"Great White Hype" situation, never turned pro former amateur golden gloves champion, who has a KO victory over current boxing champ. I know its silly, but you get the picture.

Could potential blockbuster PPV money, amateur success, or other combat sport supremacy get a boxing match made? Making it a non-title 10 round exhibition match, or going to a country with no commission get it done?

I can't help but think that if AS and RJJ committed, a promoter would find a way.

How could they really make Anderson vs Roy happen? AS has a 1-1 boxing record, a lot of big fight mma experience, and the potential PPV numbers would be huge. Would a commission grant AS a chance because he has proven to be a top combat athlete? Would he have to get 3,5, or 10 more boxing matches before they would even entertain the idea?
I don't think this is true.

AS has never been a big PPV draw in MMA and a lot of the casual fans may have been turned off after his recent performances. In fact many casual fans who buy the PPV's don't even know much of many fighters except for Brock, GSP, Kimbo. They just buy it to get a fill of the slopfest on a saturday night under the UFC brand name.

RJJ has been past it for a while and the Boxing fanbase knows this which is why his last fight with BHop did well under expected buys.

Also there isn't as much overlap between Boxing and MMA fanbase as many people think, at best I would say 30%. There is much more overlap between the MMA and WWE fanbase especially since Brock came into the UFC.

When you consider these things I really doubt this fight if it happened would do huge numbers in terms of PPV.

If Alexander Povetkin didn't want to box a long professional career, and he just wanted to fight a handful of fights against the best in his division, could this even be possible? Could he of used his Olympic Gold to jump to a higher level of competition earlier in his career? His first five pro fights were garbage opponents, could he have faced a Chris Byrd level fighter within 2-3 pro fights? If he had no interest fighting more than several times, would his talent enable him to convince a commission to box the top guys at HW?

"Great White Hype" situation, never turned pro former amateur golden gloves champion, who has a KO victory over current boxing champ. I know its silly, but you get the picture.

Could potential blockbuster PPV money, amateur success, or other combat sport supremacy get a boxing match made? Making it a non-title 10 round exhibition match, or going to a country with no commission get it done?

I can't help but think that if AS and RJJ committed, a promoter would find a way.

boxing uses a stepping stone structure , no comission would allow it.the only example i can think of his ali/leon spinks

I really think your wrong on it not being a big PPV. I'm also only using AS vs RJJ as an example, it could be Fedor vs Klitchko, or anyone who makes sense.

People who love AS, people who loath AS, MMA fans, boxing fans,people who are curious of what would happen would order. Its the fact that you would be combining PPV numbers from two fairly separate markets that would make it a big draw.

Because of the fairly separate markets, I would think that even though BJ would get murdered, a Penn vs Pac-man/Money May boxing match would do better numbers than Manny vs Floyd because your pulling from two different PPV pools (like Lesnar's WWE fans), and its two sports that claim their athletes are the better than the other. Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic, but I definitely think the PPV numbers would mimic a big boxer vs boxer match, mabye only because of the rare and unique opportunity.

boxing uses a stepping stone structure , no comission would allow it.the only example i can think of his ali/leon spinks

Whats to stop them from going to a country with no commission, or making it a "friendly" exhibition that they just so happen to offer on PPV?

Whats to stop them from going to a country with no commission, or making it a "friendly" exhibition that they just so happen to offer on PPV?

these countrys tend to be hellholes where no money can be made at the gate for example holy's planned fight in uganda

these countrys tend to be hellholes where no money can be made at the gate for example holy's planned fight in uganda

Gate is pennies to PPV everywhere.

And what about exhibition, could this not happen, and be equally effective?

I really think your wrong on it not being a big PPV. I'm also only using AS vs RJJ as an example, it could be Fedor vs Klitchko, or anyone who makes sense.

People who love AS, people who loath AS, MMA fans, boxing fans,people who are curious of what would happen would order. Its the fact that you would be combining PPV numbers from two fairly separate markets that would make it a big draw.

Because of the fairly separate markets, I would think that even though BJ would get murdered, a Penn vs Pac-man/Money May boxing match would do better numbers than Manny vs Floyd because your pulling from two different PPV pools (like Lesnar's WWE fans), and its two sports that claim their athletes are the better than the other. Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic, but I definitely think the PPV numbers would mimic a big boxer vs boxer match, mabye only because of the rare and unique opportunity.

The problem is there is no fight that makes sense in this scenario. None. It wouldn't make good money because everybody knows it would be a joke competitively. Top boxers are bigger draws as individuals than the UFC is as an organization.

The closest thing I can think of is Andrei Arlovski doing a four round exhibition with Fres Oquendo for charity, but that was basically a public sparring session.

On a side note, let's say a big name exbo fight happen and it was an exbo. How many people would belive the results or scream fix. If PAC and BJ were to Put on a exbo of boxing and Bj won, how many people would belive it, so what would be the point.

A fight has to be sanction for most people to take it serious. If there was an exbo in a forgien country I would automatically think it was fix or fake,or their going half ass like Fedor and Akoi, So I wouldn't pay to see it.

Last edited:
I found a video of one of Vitali kickboxing matches and would like to see more, does any one know if there are any more out there.

Sorry Ts, I know this doesn't have much to do with the thread but just want to put this somewhere and yours is the only place right now.

I think I remember one other fight of his around the internet.

On a side note, let's say a big name exbo fight happen and it was an exbo. How many people would belive the results or scream fix. If PAC and BJ were to Put on a exbo of boxing and Bj won, how many people would belive it, so what would be the point.

A fight has to be sanction for most people to take it serious. If there was an exbo in a forgien country I would automatically think it was fix or fake,or their going half ass like Fedor and Akoi, So I wouldn't pay to see it.

Thats a good point.

Ray Mercer quitting after getting kicked in the head by Remy shows you that a Pro Boxer have no business fighting against other forms of striking......

Ray Mercer quitting after getting kicked in the head by Remy shows you that a Pro Boxer have no business fighting against other forms of striking......
And your post shows that the internet has been a true god send to retards.

it would need a lot of money but i couldn't see it happening the boxing media are far better and more critical then the mma media.look at the shit david haye got for even talking about fighting harrison who is a olympic champ and a top 50 hw

MMA needs to be held by the same standard. Any sport should be held by the same standard. As long as were in the Dana White era the sport isn't gonna have the respect it needs to be viewed as a sport.

Imagine if Dana White was in boxing pitting Kimbo Slice against Chris Arreola...

And your post shows that the internet has been a true god send to retards.

God loves you man....

Ray Mercer fought against the "The Science of Eight Limbs" and learned a very hard lesson and even said it was hardest hit he ever took...

God loves you man....

Ray Mercer fought against the "The Science of Eight Limbs" and learned a very hard lesson and even said it was hardest hit he ever took...
Ray Mercer was a fucking 44 year old fat out of shape way past his prime Boxer looking for a paycheck, way to prove your point.

When Ray got pissed off and actually took shit seriously he was able to KO the greatest UFC HW of all time in 9 seconds, you learn anything from that?

GTFO.

Tom Erikson getting 1-2ed into oblivion against Shannon "I only know how to punch" Briggs under K-1 rules shows us that more =/= better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back