Law What would have made the Ahmaud Arbery shooting justifiable in your eyes?

Of course he was. He chased him in his truck. With a gun. With the help of two other men and one other vehicle. Cornered him and gave him nowhere to go, also with the help of two other men and two vehicles. And, unlike Rittenhouse, made no attempt to run after forcing Arbery into a spot where he felt he had no avenue for flight and so he'd need to fight his way out.

You really need to give your head a shake and ask what it is you're up to when you start spewing the absolutely unfounded and without merit case of the McMichaels' defense team as though they may have had a point... just so you can try to win an argument about why someone else should be in jail just because you aren't down with his politics.

Like I said. Terrifying.

Only one of us is trying to make this political.

Let's take your logic and walk it through a hypothetical alternative outcome.

You appear to believe Arbery had the right (on the basis of self-defense) to charge McMichael and try to take his shotgun. Correct?

Had Arbery been successful in both wrestling the gun away AND killing McMichael with it, had McMichael's father then shot Arbery would you consider that murder?

Funny-Animal-Laughing-Sea-Lion-Picture.jpg

Keep stinking it up.

You may feel free to answer the question I put to Jeremy.

Nothing in this case would have made this shooting justified. All of the evidence proves that the men involved were 100% guilty. You would have to completely change the facts and events to get an answer to your question.

As someone who thought Rittenhouse was 100% innocent and that he had no business even being charged, these dudes were obviously guilty. Don't corner someone, especially with a weapon. They have no idea who the fuck you are or what you're capable of, and are entitled to defend themselves from a potential threat.

I haven't paid too much attention to this case, but from what I have read the men were without a doubt guilty of murder.

Had they been able to prove that Arbery was in fact stealing would that have made it justifiable?

Had the three men been the actual owners of the house would it then be justifiable? Or is something like this only justifiable on one's own property?

So you want us to come up with a justified reason to kill that man ? Unbelievable smh

Had they been able to prove that Arbery was in fact stealing would that have made it justifiable?

Had the three men been the actual owners of the house would it then be justifiable? Or is something like this only justifiable on one's own property?
If he hadn’t ran away and had to be tracked down with the truck that would have been fine. I think you get murder two at that point.

You may feel free to answer the question I put to Jeremy.

This one?

Had Arbery been successful in both wrestling the gun away AND killing McMichael with it, had McMichael's father then shot Arbery would you consider that murder?

It would have been murder because Arbery was defending himself from the aggressive and criminal actions of both father and son. The homicide by Arbery is justifiable self-defense.

If Arbery turned around and had Baby Yoda christmas socks on, things may have turned out differently.

RIP Arbery just spreading holiday cheer.

So you want us to come up with a justified reason to kill that man ? Unbelievable smh
This is more so for my own benefit. There's a lot of gray are to these scenarios so I try to educate myself on the legality of it all since I carry sometimes

According to the Rittenhouse verdict you don't need to own the property you are defending (or even be in the same state as your own property) to kill a guy if you think that guy is trying to take your gun.

Maybe if Arbery had been a convicted sex offender people could have seen the upside to his murder.

Hey ding bat

Kyle did everything he could to flee and avoid confrontation

Them dudes who killed ol double a did the exact opposite.

Nothing on earth would make his shooting justified.

As far as trying to grab someone's gun ...
It really matters on who the aggressor is and what kicked off the event

The big thing is, they obviously didn’t know whether he’d committed burglary or not, so legally they may have gotten off had he stolen something, but that would just be a lucky roll of the dice.

Just remember folks on February 23rd the Brunswick DA told the local police not to arrest Travis and Greg McMichael. A different DA continued that same line. May 5th is when the video of the chase and shooting was released to the public and only then did the Atlantic DA say they would convene a grand jury and the Georgia Bureau of Investigations would be stepping in. I have a feeling if the video was never released this would have been swept under the rug. The justice system didn’t functional how it should. The scales of justice were definitely unjust in this case.

Good luck trying to grab a gun of someone. Like I said, fuck around...

Sure bud, sure. How bout we meet up on the playground next to the slide during recess.

Hey, how's it feel to shill for a couple of murderers?

According to the Rittenhouse verdict you don't need to own the property you are defending (or even be in the same state as your own property) to kill a guy if you think that guy is trying to take your gun.

Maybe if Arbery had been a convicted sex offender people could have seen the upside to his murder.
Of course you don’t need to own property to defend it. What do you think security guards or cash collection guards carry firearms for? The Rittenhouse verdict was hardly the determinant of whether that is something people can do.

There’s also a huge chasm between these two cases. On the one hand we have some men chasing Arbery, hitting them with their truck and then having Arbery reach for their guns and being shot. That’s completely different to being chased by a crowd screaming things like “get his ass” and having a man who threatened to kill you try to grab your gun and then shooting him.

Rittenhouse was innocent. Conversely, the guys who killed Arbery (regardless of his criminal record) had no justification for doing what they did. I don’t care if he was stealing property at that time, or if he was responsible for a spate of property crimes in the past. The police should have been called rather than some douchebags trying to play sherif.

No

No

No.

You do not understand the legal basis for the Rittenhouse self-defense verdict.

And, again, Arbery charged McMichael. McMichael was not "chasing" Arbery before the wrestling for the shotgun began.
What are you talking about? He had Bryan behind him herding him into McMichael's road block in front of them, and had been running for 5 minutes from them.

Back