Law What would have made the Ahmaud Arbery shooting justifiable in your eyes?

This is hardly the only case like that dude. People get arrested and charged for shooting people over property all the time. Under the law no, you are NOT allowed to defend your property against trespass with lethal force. When you guys argue that you're arguing frustration against thieves, not the law.

Petty crime sucks but you can't just blast them. See the threads about the rampant shoplifting in urban areas. Can't just blast those guys either.
Well if you could I doubt there would be much of that going on. They are commiting those brazen acts because they are more or less incentivized to do so.

Well if you could I doubt there would be much of that going on. They are commiting those brazen acts because they are more or less incentivized to do so.
It's an issue. I used to work retail and made a lengthy post in other threads about how we've been headed in that direction for decades. Can't use physical force on thieves. Cops won't respond because thievery is too rampant. Its a big problem for sure. But legally, you can't just blast anyone committing trespass or petty theft. If you think about the practical application of how that would work out if it was legal, you can see why that's the case.

Not sure what that has to do with anything, if I'm on my property it's my property. You have to have my permission to be there and if you don't you'll be removed. Physically if needed.

None of the things we're talking about have anything to do with tresspass. You're responding to a post about 2 separate chases resulting in a shooting death. Neither of which involved the shooters property being trespassed upon.

It's an issue. I used to work retail and made a lengthy post in other threads about how we've been headed in that direction for decades. Can't use physical force on thieves. Cops won't respond because thievery is too rampant. Its a big problem for sure. But legally, you can't just blast anyone committing trespass or petty theft. If you think about the practical application of how that would work out if it was legal, you can see why that's the case.
Shoot them and drag their dead body into the street for the ambulance to pick up. What's so complicated about that?

Seems way more complicated to play mental gymnastics to rationalize why other people are victimizing you and profiting a net gain on your dime. All the while encouraging whole other swaths of shit bags to do the same when they go and tell their shit bag friends...

"We went into TJ Max and walked out with 30k in merchandise."

Instead of...

"We went into TJ Max and my boy Shawn died of lead poisoning."

None of the things we're talking about have anything to do with tresspass. You're responding to a post about 2 separate chases resulting in a shooting death. Neither of which involved the shooters property being trespassed upon.
Right, which is why I mentioned the community and how i believe it is the community's responsibility and the individuals in that community to look after each other and keep it safe.

As men we are just supposed to go around getting bitched down by random scum because we aren't inside our own homes?

No he isn't. You righties think every minority or anyone not to your liking needs to bow down to you and act subservient.
This has nothing to do with skin color. Skin color is irrelevant.

This is hardly the only case like that dude. People get arrested and charged for shooting people over property all the time. Under the law no, you are NOT allowed to defend your property against trespass with lethal force. When you guys argue that you're arguing frustration against thieves, not the law.

Petty crime sucks but you can't just blast them. See the threads about the rampant shoplifting in urban areas. Can't just blast those guys either.
It's wrong to shoot people in broad daylight for stealing. That's not right.

But the gun was not shot until Ahmaud grabbed the gun

Running towards someone with a gun is pretty justifiable imo. Dude was def not jogging, who the hell jogs in timberlands boots? Also there's several videos of him already confirming he was most def a scumbag and had a bad rep. Not only was he a bad rep, he was taking a bunch of youngsters under his wing to steal shit alongside him. Dude was a pos through and through, therefore he will soon be cannoinzed.

Want to know how I know you paid ZERO attention to the facts of the case and just went with online propaganda?

"However, cameras in the construction site he entered shortly before his death show that he was indeed wearing running shoes. Moreover, The New York Post published an article discussing the autopsy report. The author explains that the report revealed, “Arbery was wearing a white t-shirt, tan cargo shorts, gray athletic shoes and two tan bandannas — all of which were bloodstained.”

The Definitive Debunking of the Lies Surrounding the Ahmaud Arbery Shooting – RedState

This is information that I gleaned from "Red State" a Right Wing news blog.
The G.B.I. (Georgia Bureau of Investigation) testified that the victim had on what is underlined above.

Right, which is why I mentioned the community and how i believe it is the community's responsibility and the individuals in that community to look after each other and keep it safe.

As men we are just supposed to go around getting bitched down by random scum because we aren't inside our own homes?

That's the thing I already answered, before you started talking about your property. We're not making a lot of progress here, but I'll do cliffs.

There are more option in life than being a victim, and shooting someone to death.

It's wrong to shoot people in broad daylight for stealing. That's not right.

But the gun was not shot until Ahmaud grabbed the gun
Come on dude. We've been over this a thousand times and you always dodge the same points. Because the context proves its not self defense.

1. They were the aggressors. He was leaving the neighborhood and moving away from their property. They never even saw Arbery on their property to begin with, but on a neighbors. They had no proof he stole from the neighbor and he didn't request their assistance.

2. They pursued him in vehicles armed while he's on foot. They cornered him and blocked his escape at every turn. Hard to prove self defense when you do that. They also threatened to blow his head off.

3. The most important detail you always ignore, they struck Arbery with one of the vehicles. They've now assaulted someone who is fleeing and was never aggressive at any point.

4. After blocking his escape again, the shooter got out and physically blocked Arberys retreat while brandishing the gun. If you are an armed aggressor and try to goad someone over and over into conflict, and then murder them when they oblige, that is not self defense. That is murder. That's why he was found guilty of murder.

This has nothing to do with skin color. Skin color is irrelevant.
Right..., that's why you alt right guys always oppose anything you perceive as sympathetic towards Blacks.

3 Whites guys in the South chase and murder a Black guy, and the local D.A. + authorities do a cover-up. Travis's truck has a Confederate flag license plate and according to the investigator he talked to, Travis called Arbery the N word as Arbery lay dying. And Cobb county deput Chief Assistant D.A. Evans said that Roddie repeatedly used the N word.

White defendant used racial slur after shooting Ahmaud Arbery, investigator testifies

Special Agent Richard Dial of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) said William Bryan told his office in an interview last month that Travis McMichael uttered the slur as Arbery lay dying from shotgun wounds on Feb. 23. Bryan and McMichael are both defendants in the case.

“Mr. Bryan said that after the shooting took place before police arrival, while Mr. Arbery was on the ground, that he heard Travis McMichael make the statement: fucking :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:,” Dial said in testimony.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...d-arbery-investigator-testifies-idUSKBN23B2H4

In a previous bond hearing for Bryan, Evans said Bryan repeatedly used the n-word in texts. Bryan took cellphone video of the shooting and told authorities he heard Travis McMichael say a racial slur when he shot Arbery three times.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/racial-texts-social-media-posts-read-hearing-suspects/story?id=74168492

Shoot them and drag their dead body into the street for the ambulance to pick up. What's so complicated about that?

Seems way more complicated to play mental gymnastics to rationalize why other people are victimizing you and profiting a net gain on your dime. All the while encouraging whole other swaths of shit bags to do the same when they go and tell their shit bag friends...

"We went into TJ Max and walked out with 30k in merchandise."

Instead of...

"We went into TJ Max and my boy Shawn died of lead poisoning."
You don't see where that would end up? Would be a lot of accusations of theft so people could get away with murder. Look at all, the cases like Arbery we see, when the self defense laws aren't nearly that lenient. Yet people interpret that they are, and try to set up lethal traps so they can kill people with impunity and claim self defense. If you follow true crime, you can fund tons of cases like this. The Dunn and Drejka cases just off the top of my head.

Watch this at your own discretion.

I’m not sure what officers could have done here but this isn’t it. I’m wondering if previous interactions were a factor in how this was looked at.

You don't see where that would end up? Would be a lot of accusations of theft so people could get away with murder. Look at all, the cases like Arbery we see, when the self defense laws aren't nearly that lenient. Yet people interpret that they are, and try to set up lethal traps so they can kill people with impunity and claim self defense. If you follow true crime, you can fund tons of cases like this. The Dunn and Drejka cases just off the top of my head.
That's possible I suppose but I would argue that there just aren't that many raging psychopathic killers looking to use legal loopholes to satisfy their blood lust.

The more I look into the Aubry case the more I feel this was less racially motivated and more motived by a couple of dumb rednecks that actually believed they were doing the right thing.

That's the thing I already answered, before you started talking about your property. We're not making a lot of progress here, but I'll do cliffs.

There are more option in life than being a victim, and shooting someone to death.
Agreed, would you also agree that law abiding citizens are under no obligation to "flee" in the face of danger and should be able to fully exercise their right to self defense if threatened?

Had they been able to prove that Arbery was in fact stealing would that have made it justifiable?

Had the three men been the actual owners of the house would it then be justifiable? Or is something like this only justifiable on one's own property?

He would have had to have qualified for citizens arrest

That's possible I suppose but I would argue that there just aren't that many raging psychopathic killers looking to use legal loopholes to satisfy their blood lust.

The more I look into the Aubry case the more I feel this was less racially motivated and more motived by a couple of dumb rednecks that actually believed they were doing the right thing.
Wel, they had a history of using racial slurs, used them during the incident in question as well. As far as there not being enough psychos out there, I wish it was true. With existing laws the police catch so many people trying to cover up murders or stage them as self defense. People tend to underestimate how many people ARE held in check by fear of legal consequence. The flash rob situation actually shows that. These people know that despite breaking the law, they won't be held accountable. That opened the floodgates to the point stores are literally being emptied out in broad daylight. It wasn't morality preventing that, it was fear of consequences.

Back