What would divisions under 125 lbs look like?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At HW, you have slow, lumbering guys throwing haymakers and use little technique.

At 125, you have fast guys that you can barely see they're so fast, being super technical and throwing spinning stuff.

What if the UFC had weight divisions even lower? Would they be even more technical? Would they be throwing like spinning tornado kicks and stuff?

At HW, you have slow, lumbering guys throwing haymakers and using little technique.

At 125, you have fast guys that you can barely see they're so fast, being super technical and throwing spinning stuff.

What if the UFC had weight divisions even lower? Would they be even more technical? Would they be throwing like spinning tornado kicks and stuff?

Finally a weight division for me!

At HW, you have slow, lumbering guys throwing haymakers and using little technique.

tenor.gif

Not sure how it would look like. First, they'd have to stand on a white piece of paper to even be visible.

They'd make Mighty Mouse look like Conor McGregor for PPVs. Probably be the first 25,000 PPV in modern history.

Heck, Mouse already crawled under a ref's legs like a child in one fight. Could you imagine people even smaller than that fighting?

If you mean men, no one would watch it. Women's atom weight champ waterston would do alright.

The last thing the UFC needs is more divisions, the one thing that would make me stop watching regularly would be more useless divisions we don't need filled with fighters we know nothing about.

It would be children’s MMA basically, no adult man should be getting under 120lbs, that is not healthy. Just like there shouldn’t be super heavyweights above 265lbs, not an ideal human form.

I bet you Dana would sign Hornswoggle instantly and go all in on promoting the shit out of him.

Give it a few more years and losses and I'm certain that will be Frankie Edgars division

At HW, you have slow, lumbering guys throwing haymakers and use little technique.

I’m not sure what the talent pool below 125lb looks like for men’s MMA - it’s certainly deep enough in boxing and WMMA. If there’s legit talent, even like 10-15 dudes, then I say let’s do it.

Believe it or not but once upon a time 121 was one of the most popular boxing divisions, 20 or so years ago Prince Hamed (who at the time was the highest paid non heavyweight), Marcco Antonio Barerra and Eric Morales were stars of boxing.

Back