What would Cain do when Jones stopped his TDs?

Cain striking is way underrated. The man is a killer... but fighting in a heavy-handed division he just prefer to use his wrestling.

I remember some dude made a thread about cain vs jones and everyone said cain by murder or something.
But i knew jones had the right skillset to beat cain, now more than ever i think he has a good chance at a decision. by taking the late rounds. I hope now people realize it would not be a one sided bout like they used to think

Cain is different than D.C. in power of will and I think something people miss about D.C. because he has been so successfull is that he is AN OLD ASS MAN!Much like Anderson was D.C. was fighting someone considerably younger than him and younger than the other people he has faught.

Easy just out strike him ppl act like Jones striking is like Anderson but its far from it.

Jones has pillow strikes no power at all.

Cain ain't no DC he would run over Jones like a Mack truck.

Cain by brutal beat down I would put a Sig bet on that all day if that fight ever happens.

If this fight is to occur, why would they need it to be at LHW for? Jones is already a HW come fight time. He's probably about 225 lbs on fight night. Simply just fight at that weight, or gain about another 5-10 lbs and that should be sufficient. And then tell Cain to stay around 240 lbs. That's plenty fair.

It will be an epic fight. I pick Cain to win though. He will grind Jones on the fence like what he did to JDS. And if a td offers itself, use it, if not, then just keep on grinding.

If that was Cain landing the uppercuts and rear hooks on Jones that 205 DC was Jones would go down.

He would try again and again untill he got it

Hard to keep going for a TD when you're on your back.

OrnateGregariousBernesemountaindog.gif

I remember some dude made a thread about cain vs jones and everyone said cain by murder or something.
But i knew jones had the right skillset to beat cain, now more than ever i think he has a good chance at a decision. by taking the late rounds. I hope now people realize it would not be a one sided bout like they used to think

This at the very least, I'd give Jones a decent chance for sure.

Many people thought that DC's wrestling would be enough to put Jones on his back. After a hard won fight it was Jones who was putting DC on his back and he did it more than once. I said that DC would lose to Jones but could still beat Cain, and I still believe that. However, this is Jones we are talking about. I thought his Fight IQ, reach, athleticism, skill, and other abilities and having Greg Jackson as his coach would make the difference. Jone's great Fight IQ and having Jackson as a coach can't be underestimated. Jackson made a great gameplan for Jones against Glover and we saw how that worked. It helps that Jones can actually carry out Jackson's gameplan also, just like GSP could.

People say that Cain's pace, cardio, wrestling, and stamina will easily carry him to victory over Jones. They said similar things about DC minus the cardio and stamina.

However, Cain is a lot like DC and many other fighters. Looks great when he's dominating, but we don't know how he'll look when he isn't. The one time Cain wasn't dominating he was lying facedown on the mat, so you can't tell how he'd handle not having his way. Obviously we saw DC looked when he wasn't dominating. He appeared to slow down, gas, and appeared to break in the 3rd round. Cain has looked tired before, when he was fighting JDS, so it is possible to tire Cain out, just like anyone else.

So, Cain looks great when he's dominating and having his way with his opponents, it helps his cardio when he's imposing his will. Your cardio can take a hit when you're the one who's on the losing end.

But what happens when Jones stops Cain's TDs and even puts Cain on his back? Cain's never been on his back long enough for someone to work him over. Lesnar put Cain down but Cain popped right back up again. Cain's cardio might look different if he has Jones hitting him with body shots, knees, kicks, and elbows wearing him down like he work DC down.

Everyone who talks about Cain beating Jones explains the fight going with the narrative of Cain steamrolling Jones and not facing any adversity. It could be a ver different fight if Cain's on his back or Cain can't get the TD and impose his will. We might then see Cain's vaunted cardio start to wear down.

Cain is said to have great Fight IQ but I'm not sure if that's been proven. He does the same thing every fight. Strikes to TD, wear down with GnP, rinse and repeat to victory. He's never had to really do anything different than that.

Also, I think DC has a better chin then Cain. I think Cain has a good chin with great recovery, I just don't think he has a granite chin like Big Nog or Hendo and that Jones could hurt him bad or stun him with a strike, especially with a close elbow in the clinch. And Jon Jones has great killer instinct, if he see Cain hurt he'll go for the submission finish quickly and end it rather then the exact wrong reaction like Kongo when he was dropping Cain. Cain's chin could be what is his downfall after repeated strikes from Jones accumulate. Being rocked once can change the outcome of a fight, look at Couture vs. Sylvia. If Jones hurts Cain in the fight it could change the course of the fight or set the tempo for rest of the fight. Cain's reach is 77", Jones is 84.5", that's a 7.5" reach advantage for Jones and if used correctly could keep Cain at bay.

I don't think they would fight at HW since Jones doesn't seem to want to do that but a catchweight fight could happen.

So what happens in a Jones vs. Cain fight when Cain can't get the TD?

The one time he wasn't dominating ts... The first fight ended in 2 minutes . He got caught early.

Cain is way more fluid in his striking then dc. I think Cain will use a lot of his leg kicks which he is great at. Dc hit bones with every kick he thrown.

Easy just out strike him ppl act like Jones striking is like Anderson but its far from it.

Jones has pillow strikes no power at all.

Cain ain't no DC he would run over Jones like a Mack truck.

Cain by brutal beat down I would put a Sig bet on that all day if that fight ever happens.

I think that bones not having ko power will hurt him if he fought Cain. Cain will walk through his punches .

Bigfoot stuffed Cain twice in the 2nd match. Didn't mean much.

Hell punch jones in the face then try to take him down again, if it doesnt work rinse and repeat. For refence look at cain v jds 1 and 2

Jones is to much of a pussy to move up and fight cain. He'd come up with some excuse like GSP always did, and pretend to be so educated about it. Fans will jack off to his voice as he explained

:icon_lol:

What I would not give to see Cain have Jones in his first fight back and come back the same way Cruz did after a multiple year layoff and wreck him like Cruz did Mizugaki. Yeah, that would make me happy enough to start jerking off right then and there.

I've always thought Jones could match Cain in the wrestling, and he may even be a better fighter, but after last night I feel more strongly that Cain wins this fight than ever. DC looked to be pulling away until he gassed. Cain's biggest strength is his cardio. I think he can do exactly what DC did to dominate from about the 3-10 minute markers of the fight and can keep it up.

But, I do think DC has better wrestling than Cain, so if Jones can implement a consistent wrestling game maybe he can win it. More likely, that just feeds into Cain's cardio advantage.

I think that bones not having ko power will hurt him if he fought Cain. Cain will walk through his punches .

Yeah, the only thing to trouble Cain is stopping power, Jones doesn't possess it.

What I would not give to see Cain have Jones in his first fight back and come back the same way Cruz did after a multiple year layoff and wreck him like Cruz did Mizugaki. Yeah, that would make me happy enough to start jerking off right then and there.

I guess if Jones pulled it off you would jerk off and have your load bust in your own face.

Punch him in the face, clinch, TD attempt. Eventually, it'll work, unless he gets tired before Jones does.

What DC did in round 2 will be Cain in every round that is how. But at the end of the day Cain can't string two fights together without injury so we don't know what he will be like next time he is able to fight.

Back