What would be the top 5+ full mount escapes for a weak person in your opinion?

Footlift - Go to a elbow escape from the mount, (bridge and turn to your side, for sake of explanation turn on your left side) now while on your side shoot your left leg (should be underneath you) over to the side and your legs should end up in a V shape. Under hook the guy's right foot with your right foot . Your arm should still along their thigh, push it down while lifting the hooked foot. Now from here you can go straight to half-guard and secure that or just continue to hip out until you regain guard. I prefer half-guard myself.

It's an extremely easy move to pull off and requires little to no energy while putting you in a better position than your opponents guard. Be sure to keep putting upward pressure with your other hand while doing it (keep elbow in though)

Foot drag - Same set up as before but this time they don't let you or you can not under hook their foot. Now hook OVER the foot and bring your left leg over to trap the whole leg ala figure four/triangle. Squeeze your knees -> bridge -> push the leg out and go into half-guard.

If you can't reach the foot just push the leg down with your elbow. Hope that helps, sorry my explanations suck though.

Back