What would be the best combat knife ?

I bought a KA-BAR, I'm really happy with it. Really, really sturdy and well balanced knife.

For serious knifeplay, you'll want a 7" blade so it can pierce organs from any penetrative angle in the torso, wide enough to make a rapidly bleeding wound (single or double, or single/ half edge), lightweight, and above all; sharp enough to scare you, strong and pointy enough to punch through ribs, and with either a crosspiece to stop the hand from sliding up when it gets bloodslick, or a very well-defined blade/ hilt shape to allow for ease of retention.

Most styles of combat knife fighting utilize both stabs and cuts, often one leading into the other (stab into the side of the neck, push-cut it through to the eso****us until exit, etc)

The best designed knives to achieve this, in my opinion, are the Blackhawk Tatang for a full-sized and the Karatel for a boot knife.

18-4-IMG2_T.jpeg

karatel.jpg

Both were designed with the idea of "How do you kill people with a knife in the most efficient manner possible?" Both are wide, light, very durable, and brutally lethal.

Now that being said, when the FBI told untrained people to "defend" themselves with a knife, they took notes, and sent it off to Spyderco. Spyderco's response was the Civilian:

spyderco_c12gs_civilian_5.jpg

They chose this design to allow the untrained LEO to be able to inflict as much damage as possible in the sweeping, clawing motions that had been observed. The knife is razor thin, unsuited for any bush duty; but incredibly good at destroying soft tissue and causing massive bleeding.

holy shit @ the Gurkha kukri and spyderco civilian, I might buy a ka-bar for fun too

Back