What would be a more impressive win to have on your record?

In my mind maybe Rob because of the competition he’s faced. I think rob is the only fighter currently fighting that I consider myself a fan of.

That said, I think rightfully and in most people’s minds, an undefeated guy (Khabib), who has never been beaten up is going to be considered a better win. No matter what, if someone beats him, it’s going to be the Ronda/Holm Ping/Rocksalt hype. That person will be the GOAT the next day. Beating bob would be huge and all over the news as well, but I don’t think on that level.

You can also think about it like this, Rob is most likely never going to be as heavy of a favorite as Khabib. People obsess over undefeated, even if they’ve never watched the fighter. That’s how Mayweather got so big with casuals.

Beating Robert Whittaker at 185lbs?

Or beating Khabib at 155lbs?

Which fight would be a greater accomplishment if it was a win? I know which matchup would potentially yield a more brutal loss...

I believe beating Whittaker at 185 is far more impressive than beating a 155lb fighter in khabib.
Khabib, not even close.

This can't be a real question.

I'm gonna go with the guy who didn't lose to Court McGee and got brutally dropped and nearly finished twice and did the chicken dance another time in his last fight. Whittaker seems like a good dude and is a great fighter, but he's one of the most vulnerable champs imo.

In fairness, Robert has never been mentioned in GOAT talks. Khabib has been on here. Plus beating Robert doesn’t make one a 3 division champ. And I’m a Whitaker fan btw.
Cherry picking a weak belt holder while there is an interim belt already in the division doesn’t make you champ. Defending a belt against a legit contender does.

Cherry picking a weak belt holder while there is an interim belt already in the division doesn’t make you champ. Defending a belt against a legit contender does.
So he didn’t actually beat the champion of the division? So I guess Bj Penn never won the ww title from Matt Hughes then? I don’t think anyone is going to take your biased criteria over reality.

Beating Bisping is better than losing to him

Beating the unbeatable is the only answer here.

So he didn’t actually beat the champion of the division? So I guess Bj Penn never won the ww title from Matt Hughes then? I don’t think anyone is going to take your biased criteria over reality.
I think more and more people do every time they think about it. It’s easy to see now that the dust has settled. Bisping fights defends vs #11 ranked 47 year old Hendo, in February 2017 schedules to fight GSP in November while an interim fight is scheduled in July?

You know it was gifted to GSP under the pretense that GSP would defend (obvious GSP would not for those that knew him). That’s why they held out and Romero and Whittaker were healthy to fight. They made them fight each other for another belt in July while they waited for GSP to get comfortable at 185.

You can’t be champ if there are 2 belts floating around, and the one belt you praise was contested by non top 10 and unranked people in 2 years.

It takes some people more time than others but people are not stupid. The GSP Bisping belt was about as fraudulent as they come. Integrity and value of that belt was so bad, GSP tossed it in the trash 1 month later

I think more and more people do every time they think about it. It’s easy to see now that the dust has settled. Bisping fights defends vs #11 ranked 47 year old Hendo, in February 2017 schedules to fight GSP in November while an interim fight is scheduled in July?

You know it was gifted to GSP under the pretense that GSP would defend (obvious GSP would not for those that knew him). That’s why they held out and Romero and Whittaker were healthy to fight. They made them fight each other for another belt in July while they waited for GSP to get comfortable at 185.

You can’t be champ if there are 2 belts floating around, and the one belt you praise was contested by non top 10 and unranked people in 2 years.

It takes some people more time than others but people are not stupid. The GSP Bisping belt was about as fraudulent as they come. Integrity and value of that belt was so bad, GSP tossed it in the trash 1 month later
Again, answer my questions. I’m sure we can go back in time and find something wrong with every “champion” if that’s our agenda.
Regardless of how you feel about GSP or Bisping, the reality is GSP beat the man holding the mw belt at that moment in time. It’s not up to you to decide the “integrity” or legitimacy of a win or championship. You’re more than welcome to have an opinion but it still doesn’t change reality.

[QUOTE="Intellidamus, post: 153536623, member: 445287"
Regardless of how you feel about GSP or Bisping, the reality is GSP beat the man holding the mw belt at that moment in time.[/QUOTE]

You see the language you use? Bisping was holding one of 2 Middleweight belts when GSP fought him. Legitimacy is what people make of it. Of course, you will use rhetoric to inflate it but if you look at the strength of competitors (Bisping/GSP) vs (Romero/Whittaker), it’s easy to see why one belt was discarded in record time.

[QUOTE="Intellidamus, post: 153536623, member: 445287"
Regardless of how you feel about GSP or Bisping, the reality is GSP beat the man holding the mw belt at that moment in time.

You see the language you use? Bisping was holding one of 2 Middleweight belts when GSP fought him. Legitimacy is what people make of it. Of course, you will use rhetoric to inflate it but if you look at the strength of competitors (Bisping/GSP) vs (Romero/Whittaker), it’s easy to see why one belt was discarded in record time.[/QUOTE]

Try to twist it & turn it any way you can. Bisping was the actual champion. The other belt was interim. Regardless of your personal agenda & feelings, Bisping was the mw champ. GSP beat Bisping, therefore he won the mw championship.
georges-st-pierre-dana-white-ufc-217-657532.jpg

>
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280-998x749.jpg

How many years of GSP butthurt are we going on now Toner?

I can remember these threads from you at least 5 years back.

At least your getting somewhat more creative with your presentation.

You see the language you use? Bisping was holding one of 2 Middleweight belts when GSP fought him. Legitimacy is what people make of it. Of course, you will use rhetoric to inflate it but if you look at the strength of competitors (Bisping/GSP) vs (Romero/Whittaker), it’s easy to see why one belt was discarded in record time.

Try to twist it & turn it any way you can. Bisping was the actual champion. The other belt was interim. Regardless of your personal agenda & feelings, Bisping was the mw champ. GSP beat Bisping, therefore he won the mw championship.

>
[/QUOTE]
And no matter how you spin it. GSP was one of 2 “champions” in the division for 30 days. Under the pretense that GSP Or Bisping would unify the belts for the one true champion, they allowed the Bisping GSP fight to happen. You can be petty with your pictures and gifs, w/e. Attack me and say I have an agenda but I’m telling the story as it happened. Not just the pieces you like to hear so that you can continue your narrative.

Khabib for sure.

Whittaker was beat already and he doesn't look like that guy who'll run the division for a long time.

>
And no matter how you spin it. GSP was one of 2 “champions” in the division for 30 days. Under the pretense that GSP Or Bisping would unify the belts for the one true champion, they allowed the Bisping GSP fight to happen. You can be petty with your pictures and gifs, w/e. Attack me and say I have an agenda but I’m telling the story as it happened. Not just the pieces you like to hear so that you can continue your narrative.[/QUOTE]

GSP was no less of a mw champion than Bj Penn was a ww champion. Or did that not happen either?
Answer two questions with a yes or no answer.
1) was Michael Bisping the ufc mw *champion heading into ufc 217?
2)did GSP defeat Michael Bisping at ufc 217?
*lineal not interim

Here is a handy, dandy little history of that lineal title.
http://www.fightmatrix.com/lineal-championship-histories/middleweights/
Ufc-217-poster.jpg

Khabib is one-dimensional, reminds me of Tito Ortiz. He'll be an easy match for the right opponent.

Depends. If you are a welterweight it is more impressive to move up and beat Whitaker than going down or at 165 lbs catch weight to beat Khabib. If you are a middleweight and you beat Whitaker thats not as impressive as being a lw and beating a man with a 27-0 record who is massive for his division.

Back