What would a regular person gotten as a Punishment for what Conor did ?

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If you take an unemployed MEXICAN man in his 20s, no criminal record but not exactly Mr Country Club

And he attacked a bus with heavy objects resulting in minor injuries to passengers, seriously what punishment would he get ?

My guess is it would be considered Felony vandalism and a punishment would be 6 months jail and XXX fine

Last edited:
A kiss on the lips and a kick up the arse.

If he was black.....the death penalty.

Is this a serious question or is there a joke I've missed?

I genuinely can't tell.

I don't know about the court but dude would get cut from the UFC. Thats for sure.

If you take an unemployed MEXICAN man in his 20s, no criminal record but not exactly Mr Country Club

And he attacked a bus with heavy objects resulting in minor injuries to passengers, seriously what punishment would he get ?

My guess is it would be considered Felony vandalism and a punishment would be 6 months jail and XXX fine

They’d make him build the wall by himself.

Don't know about NY, but around here I'd think fines for the damages and for the pain and suffering, a bit of community service.

Maybe a short suspended-jail sentence at worst. For that to happen I think the guy would have to be extremely obnoxious and say all the wrong things in court, to the police, during the crime etc.

Don't know about NY, but around here I'd think fines for the damages and for the pain and suffering, a bit of community service.

Maybe a short suspended-jail sentence at worst. For that to happen I think the guy would have to be extremely obnoxious and say all the wrong things in court, to the police, during the crime etc.

Pretty much this. I run a non profit and the majority of our help is court ordered community service, and McGregor’s sentence seems about in line with what a regular dude would get for the same shit. People also do a lot worse and get community service too.

I do however think McGregor should have been fined massively. Just ‘cos.

tumblr_na4ukufrhg1tcfs15o1_500%2B%281%29.gif

Connor is white, and has money.. All you need is good lawyers.

Probably about the same amount of time he would get if you put that same mexican in a car on a coke and booze rampage, slam him into a pregnant woman and have him flee the scene, come back to get his "stuff', (minus weed pipe) flee again and stay on the run until said coke and booze exit his system...

6 life-time sentences and forced to shower with the boys all day.
tenor.gif

here are two articles where this question was posed to experts. answers are all basically 'probably about the same'.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/mma/...future-fighting-mma/82zkm6um839l1gy6uw6sk2a03
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/6/12/...s-not-too-serious-unlikely-face-jail-time-mma

now, there are instances where not having a good lawyer can screw you. here's an example

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/06/before-the-law

so sure, there is a chance that if someone poor (and probably not white) had a crap public defender - or a string of mulitple different crap public defenders, and got stuck in the system with a shitty judge....if all the stars aligned, then someone could get a much higher punishment. it's not out of the question.

but most people who actually know what they're talking about - and didn't get their law expertise from a TV show - say 'probably about the same'.

Probably about the same amount of time he would get if you put that same mexican in a car on a coke and booze rampage, slam him into a pregnant woman and have him flee the scene, come back to get his "stuff', (minus weed pipe) flee again and stay on the run until said coke and booze exit his system...

I think this is as good an answer as you can get. Money is always the biggest determining factor in sentencing. I'd put gender 2nd and race 3rd.

Back