*What worries me about Weili Zhang against Joanna*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
I'll start saying i'm rooting for Zhang, one of the most really well-rounded, powerful, exciting, always on-attack, female fighters. My first thought was that she got this fight clearly. By stoppage. BUT, there are some factors that are afectting my confidence:

1. Zhang hits hard but, as the brawler she is, she could get hit on her exchanges. It happened against Andrade, were she got some punches and she was kindda lucky with some others.

Yeah, i know Joanna got pillow fists, that why she's a decision fighter, but there's always the chance of a lucky punch, in the right spot, when your defences get low during a brawl.

2. Cardio. Joanna knows how to perform long, 5 round fights. Zhang, would slow down after 2-3 rounds? Honestly i believe the answer is no, cause i've seen how she trains.

3. The judges. If this fight goes the distance, i hope they do a good, fair job.

Seriously i can't see Zhang losing this, can't see the champ not connecting on any opponent. But it's MMA.

Thoughts?

I'll start saying i'm rooting for Zhang, one of the most really well-rounded, powerful, exciting, always on-attack, female fighters. My first thought was that she got this fight clearly. By stoppage. BUT, there are some factors that are afectting my confidence:

1. Zhang hits hard but, as the brawler she is, she could get hit on her exchanges. It happened against Andrade, were she got some punches and she was kindda lucky with some others.

Yeah, i know Joanna got pillow fists, that why she's a decision fighter, but there's always the chance of a lucky punch, in the right spot, when your defences get low during a brawl.

2. Cardio. Joanna knows how to perform long, 5 round fights. Zhang, would slow down after 2-3 rounds? Honestly i believe the answer is no, cause i've seen how she trains.

3. The judges. If this fight goes the distance, i hope they do a good, fair job.

Seriously i can't see Zhang losing this, can't see the champ not connecting on any opponent. But it's MMA.

Thoughts?
Are you referencing the 30 second clips she posts on Instagram? Everyone looks like a cardio beast on social media.

On topic though, I think Joanna NonChamp has a fair chance. She wins by controlling distance and outkickboxing Zhang. It's not so difficult to imagine.

The internet was memeing but the virus is what probably really could cancel the fight if anything. The UFC are trying to get her out of China

Joanna went 5 rounds with Valentina .
When her personal life was still falling apart around her ears and still not being granted time off by Dana despite her begging him for almost a year.

Fighters need a chance to re-tool. It's how Rose looked so good despite what the shit talkers say. Every time she lost she took 8 months off to re-tool and came back refreshed like a new athlete. She only took such a long time off the last time cause her style of opponents suddenly all changed. Still lost but she looked amazing for a few minutes. That wasn't an accident.

Not saying Joanna would have beaten Val had she had a year off to re-tool and prep and take some other fights at 125... but I think she would have given her a lot more problems.

Joanna Violence!!!!! War!!!!!!

Joanna is my gal, but I honestly see her losing this. As good as her combos and footwork are, she's still very hittable, and Weili only needs one. Yes I'm going with the champ by puncher's chance against my favorite WMMA fighter, I said it.

If Zhang is still in China and with current travel restrictions I'm doubtful this fight goes ahead as planned

The internet was memeing but the virus is what probably really could cancel the fight if anything. The UFC are trying to get her out of China
This. I have a friend in China that goes to school here with family that live outside of Wuhan in some city starting with a H (don't know China) . He saying it's not good over there and China is really cooking the books on how widespread it is. Apparently even younger people are getting severe pneumonia. Travel bans are just gonna get more strict if H2H cases keeping popping up out of China. BTW the initial travel screenings were lackluster BS. My friend got out before the travel ban but his parents are stuck there and he's really fucking worried after talking to them.

Although JJ has a lot more insta followers, the chinese market is so much bigger and important for the UFC right now.
You don't need to worry about the judges because of that.

I think JJ has terrible timing and a bad feel for distance. She loves to jab the air against much smaller opponents with less reach.
Then again it's wmma and I haven't seen 5minutes of either of them the last years.

I was wondering about this...

Idk how Zhang has already been coronated as a world beater, especially by the fucktards who think she's ready to go up to fw and take the belt from Valentina. Okay she beat an overly-aggressive Andrade, who's fucking mediocre in all areas outside of the power department. What else is there? I forgot how dazzling she was against Tecia Torres, who refused to engage for the entire fight, and her other two ufc wins were against fighters who've since been cut.

Idk how Zhang has already been coronated as a world beater, especially by the fucktards who think she's ready to go up to fw and take the belt from Valentina. Okay she beat an overly-aggressive Andrade, who's fucking mediocre in all areas outside of the power department. What else is there? I forgot how dazzling she was against Tecia Torres, who refused to engage for the entire fight, and her other two ufc wins were against fighters who've since been cut.

Yellow fever?
<{vega}>

And I’m not talking about corona ...

What people don’t realize is that she’s not into sherdoggers, because we’re all MEN

Ouch!

If it was a 3-round fight, I might be inclined to pick Zhang. But, I can't not pick JJ in a 5-rounder. I think Zhang will come out hard and strong, and (if she doesn't get the early stoppage) then those big muscles will cause her to fade from the 3rd round on. JJ by UD, IMO.

Jarl

Weili fan. But this is gona be a great fight regardless who wins. This is prime wmma. The pinnacle.

Although JJ has a lot more insta followers, the chinese market is so much bigger and important for the UFC right now.
You don't need to worry about the judges because of that.

I think JJ has terrible timing and a bad feel for distance. She loves to jab the air against much smaller opponents with less reach.
Then again it's wmma and I haven't seen 5minutes of either of them the last years.
Then you have no idea what you are watching. Granted neither did I until someone explained it.

She isn't throwing jabs to land. She is throwing static to create clean openings for combinations.

The fact that her sig strikes were as high as they were vs Waterson who herself improved significantly to hit and not get hit especially over her last two fights prior to facing Joanna says a lot.

Her new jab is the leg kick. She was just starting to work on it when she faced Rose the 2nd time and hadn't transitioned over.

Valentina completely negated it due to her style of waiting coiled up like a spring and exploding instantly when Joanna tried it and tying her up by cage fucking or lay and praying on her in half guard to recharge while eating up the clock. Joanna's fight vs Val was much closer when she was reckless in their 3rd MT bout but Joanna doesn't fight like that anymore.

However Joanna's version vs Val was still very much in transition. It should be obvious from the Tecia fight which didn't look anything like the fight vs Waterson which was just a complete beatdown.

The closest to what Joanna does in the cage is a cross between Volk and Israel. Except she is a girl and isn't as physically gifted as Val, Weili or many of her peers so the result isn't as dramatic.

Zhang went the distance with Tecia Torres and was then given a title shot. She bull rushed Andrade and caught her. The UFC hype machine is fully behind her.

Joanna has the reach and endurance to outlast her. Expecting her to outpoint her, 48-47

A lot of people are underestimating Joanna, I can see her winning a UD. It's not the easiest fight to pick a winner imho. Should be a good one.

Back