What world events stick in your mind?

The most horrific natural disaster in my lifetime was the 2004 Tsunami. Its amazing how few people in this thread recognize it for what it was. It makes 9/11 look like a non-event.

280,000 people died that day.
And no-one had mentioned Japan tsunami which was close to 20000

And no-one had mentioned Japan tsunami which was close to 20000

Yes of course, the Japan Tsunami was a terrible thing as well. The 2004 Tsunami was so horrific I'm still trying to process that day all these years later. Almost 300k dead, unimaginable. Many of the victims were never found because they were dragged out to sea. :eek:

Tarver KOd Jones.
Barrera sonned Hamed.
Rampage KOd Liddell.
Mcgregor KOd Aldo.
Obama.

I watched the towers go down, that's one memory I'd love to erase.

I watched the towers go down, that's one memory I'd love to erase.

Had a friend who was supposed to be on guard duty at the towers that day, but his mum got in an accident so his mate took the shift for him... to this day he still feels guilty that he didn't go to work.

Seeing Vince McMahon on Nitro.

Had a friend who was supposed to be on guard duty at the towers that day, but his mum got in an accident so his mate took the shift for him... to this day he still feels guilty that he didn't go to work.

He shouldn't, he didn't know anything like that would happen.

I live really close to where the towers were, I miss seeing them, everything changed since then.

The London bombs were another one for me.

holy shit im tired i just read this as "what would you stick in your mouth"

Im going on 3 hours of sleep

Obama being elected was awesome

Bruce Jenner becoming Caitlyn

Obama saying martyr Trayvon Martin could have been "his son."

I watched the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster live at school. Shit was crazy.
Invasion of Panama
First Gulf War was weird for me because I wasn't sure if Iraq could attack us at home so I was kinda worried.
Of course 9/11

1993 Invasion of Iraq, Shock and Awe on CNN

9/11

I think the number one event for me, being Dutch, is the downing of MH17. At one point we had a national moment of silence, when basically the whole country came to a standstill and the only thing man-made thing you'd hear were the church bells. I saw people crying in the streets.

i was there, remember hundreds of church bells and all the cyclists pulling over to observe. saw the balloon release in the city centre too

Colombine
9/11
Sandy Hook
Vegas

Back