What world events stick in your mind?

Woldog

SherGOAT
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Meaning what events around the world during your lifetime stick in your head?

For me personally events like

1. Yugoslav wars
2. Columbine Massacre
3. September 11
4. 2004 boxing day Tsunami
5. Space shuttle Columbia explodes on re-entry

when ever someone asks me what significant events I remember happening these are the first 5 that pop into my mind, what are yours?

I tend to fixate on butt cracks when people crouch in front of me.

September 11 is by far the most significant event that happened in my lifetime

Then there was the fall of the Berlin Wall.

September 11 is by far the most significant event that happened in my lifetime

Then there was the fall of the Berlin Wall.
How old are you? I missed the Berlin wall by two years
Sept 11
Challenger disaster
Bali bombings
Tsunami

Bali bombings, Childers backpacker fire and Thredbo all make it to my list as well.

I think the number one event for me, being Dutch, is the downing of MH17. At one point we had a national moment of silence, when basically the whole country came to a standstill and the only thing man-made thing you'd hear were the church bells. I saw people crying in the streets.

How old are you? I missed the Berlin wall by two years

Bali bombings, Childers backpacker fire and Thredbo all make it to my list as well.

I'm 34. I was 6 years old when it happened. I was too young to understand the implications and I remember my dad being glued to the TV while some people were breaking up a wall And I was confused as to what was so interesting about it.

It's crazy to think about all the wild shit that's happened in our lifetimes.

For me it started with Columbine, then Sept.11, then the Tsunami, and then stuff like bombings in London and the Boston Marathon, Sandy Hook, the Batman movie theatre shooting, Ariana Grande concert bombing, and lastly the Las Vegas shooting.

Holy fuck that's probably not even half of them.

<{cruzshake}><{hughesimpress}>

In my lifetime.

1. Princess Diana's death.

2. 9/11

In my lifetime.

1. Princess Diana's death.

2. 9/11

Princess Diana always comes to mind, but at the time I was 6 and didn't really understand what all the fuss was about so I didn't have as much of a lasting impact on me as it could have.

Princess Diana always comes to mind, but at the time I was 6 and didn't really understand what all the fuss was about so I didn't have as much of a lasting impact on me as it could have.

For me, it was one of those events where you always remember where you were when you heard the news kind of thing.

I never watched any of the beheading videos but someone described them to me, shit has stuck with me ever since.

I never watched any of the beheading videos but someone described them to me, shit has stuck with me ever since.

Honestly I've been exposed to videos like that since I was around 13, the amount of shit I've seen on the internet would shock normal people, but the problem is now I'll see something and be reminded of those videos, even ones I saw back when I was young. one thing that sticks with me and I wish that it wouldn't is animal abuse videos I've seen. I love animals and seeing them hurt or killed in horrific ways angers me far more than seeing people killed does, it sounds pathetic but when I see a person killed (as I have in person) it doesn't have nearly as much of an effect on me as when I see one of those animal abuse videos.

Honestly I've been exposed to videos like that since I was around 13, the amount of shit I've seen on the internet would shock normal people, but the problem is now I'll see something and be reminded of those videos, even ones I saw back when I was young. one thing that sticks with me and I wish that it wouldn't is animal abuse videos I've seen. I love animals and seeing them hurt or killed in horrific ways angers me far more than seeing people killed does, it sounds pathetic but when I see a person killed (as I have in person) it doesn't have nearly as much of an effect on me as when I see one of those animal abuse videos.

Maybe because animals, for the most part, are defenseless. Like children, the elderly, etc.

When the Baconator was released to the public.

September 11th and the aftermath.
I'm a millenial that has mostly grown up in the United States. I've been aware of my own mortality from a very young age but it forced me to consider not my own, but the possible mortality of a country, a way of life, and really humanity as a whole for the first time.

Back